What video games have you been playing?

Alright. So I'm not playing any of these currently, but these are the games for PS4 that I'm looking forward to this year. I started looking through amazon for POs.

The Last Guardian (duh)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (damn you timed exclusives!)

Overwatch (looks neat, right?)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Is this just a remaster of Odin Sphere? because that game was super fun.)

Final Fantasy VII: Remake (hnnnng.)

Dark Souls III (still have to beat some of the others first.

Paragon (looks kind of neat. I said this before though.)

Kingdom Hearts III (not quite as amped about this one as any of the others, but I assume others of you might be)

Dishonored 2 (!!!)

Gravity Rush Remastered (never played the original, looks pretty cool though.)

No Man's Sky (actually not 100% sure how I feel about this. Could be awesome, could be lame.)

Anyone else have opinions about any of these?

Video games.

I am so, SO stoked for The Last Guardian. I'm sure you've been waiting, and waiting as long as I have. SotC is my favorite game EVER. So the anticipation of Last Guardian has been killing me. Just delay after delay after delay. But I keep telling myself it's worth it. 

Rise of The Tomb Raider is my second most anticipated release of the year. The first one was one of the first games I got for ps4, so it was tied to my first ps4 experiences.That game absolutely blew me away, and I replay it all the time. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, especially after seeing game play footage of it. 

Odin Sphere was awesome, and it's too bad I never beat it. I remember it being kinda hard, but then again, I might not have understood it at the time. Rise of the Tomb Raider is really damn good, it will be worth the wait for you guys (play it on hard, because it's way too easy otherwise- even hard is kinda easy).

Edit: I might grab a PS4 just for Persona 5.

Nobody else will care but I'm hyped for the arcade port of Hatsune Miku project diva Future tone because even though the music isn't really my bag it's a hella fun rhythm game and this has remastered graphics, fancy audio resolutions, and 200+ songs. It's so far going to be Japanese PSN exclusive so I'll have my uncle buy me some Japanese PSN prepaid cards next time he is in Japan on business. Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, and the Dragon Quest ports are also things I'm hyped for. I wish Zero Escape 3 would be confirmed to be releasing this year too.

It's so far going to be Japanese PSN exclusive so I'll have my uncle buy me some Japanese PSN prepaid cards next time he is in Japan on business.

Just use this place man. I get credit from them for the Canadian store all the time...

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/catalog/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards

Just use this place man. I get credit from them for the Canadian store all the time...https://www.pcgamesupply.com/catalog/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards

$17 for a 1000 yen card is almost double face value. Play Asia has pretty close but still would be cheaper to just have my uncle do it for no additional markup. I'm anticipating it being about $100 too.

A guy talking about a video game in the video game thread? Let's lynch the bastard.

Some people around here need to get the hell over themselves.

preach mi familia, games are love. 

Finished Dark Souls III, took around 24 hours. Any fans of Bloodborne and/or Dark Souls 1 will be very satisfied. 

Bought a pair of sony golds since they work on PS4 and Xbone and they're pretty nice. Not as nice as my X2s haha but they do the trick. I haven't tried out the PS4's game audio profile stuff yet, probably won't until Uncharted 4 drops. 

Messed around with this silly game called catlateral damage over the wekeend, basically you're a cat and your goal is to knock things off shelves it's the dream. My gf got a kick out of it for sure. 

Finally re-bought / played through the adventure mode of Littlebigplanet 3, at launch the online was so messed up I decided to wait until I could co-op. The different characters help switch up the gameplay. I think if they make a LBP4 they should stick to just sackboy, and just add more environment-altering devices or tools to equip. Can't wait to see what the community levels are looking like later today. 

Currently watching the Giant Bomb livestream test of the Oculus Rift, it's so cool but I can't see myself buying a VR set until at least gen2 hardware is out there. 

I've always been afraid of those games for that reason. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm very interested haha.

Well, I won't say don't play.  I do recommend it, but prepare for a game that's time consuming.  But what else do I have to do, right?  I'm not curing cancer or winning a nobel prize anytime soon.  I'm about 5 weeks into it now & my daily playing time hasn't gone down any.  It's fun.  I assume at some point I'll lose interest, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Still playing Salt and Sanctuary. Pretty fun...but I'm starting to think the bosses aren't scaled very well.

Yup, agreed. Great game, but, theres just no way to tell when you are supposed to be where. I looked up the "progression path" after my first playthrough, and apparently i fought the Witch of the Lake about 25 levels early. Which explains why it took me 5 fucking days to beat her.

Yup, agreed. Great game, but, theres just no way to tell when you are supposed to be where. I looked up the "progression path" after my first playthrough, and apparently i fought the Witch of the Lake about 25 levels early. Which explains why it took me 5 fucking days to beat her.

Yuuuup. Too many paths to get to certain bosses for sure.

I had to look up a progression guide on my first playthrough. Structuring levels like a Metroidvania but not making the game actually like a Metroidvania didn't work too well imo. It does a great job as being Souls-like but it translated to 2D in a strange way. It's a great game and that is my only complaint so far. 2D platformer/beat 'em ups are my favorites.

I had to look up a progression guide on my first playthrough. Structuring levels like a Metroidvania but not making the game actually like a Metroidvania didn't work too well imo. It does a great job as being Souls-like but it translated to 2D in a strange way. It's a great game and that is my only complaint so far. 2D platformer/beat 'em ups are my favorites.

Metroidvania minus logical item progression sounds fucking terrible to me, truly sorry you guys dealt with that haha