What video games have you been playing?

Left4dead 2, the game that never gets old to me.

I was a hardcore Xbox guy but after my 2nd red ring, I converted over to Sony.  For me personally, it was a solid switch b/c I like Sony's exclusive titles more.  Never was a fan of the Halo series or the Gears series either.  But I miss the absolute hell of out L4D and L4D2. You are exactly right, they never get old.  My buddies and I would play those games for hours upon hours.  I like playing the Heist games on the PS3 (pretty similar to L4D) but not near as fun and definitely doesn't have the same replay value and slaying zombies.  Would love to play this again someday.

I was a hardcore Xbox guy but after my 2nd red ring, I converted over to Sony.  For me personally, it was a solid switch b/c I like Sony's exclusive titles more.  Never was a fan of the Halo series or the Gears series either.  But I miss the absolute hell of out L4D and L4D2. You are exactly right, they never get old.  My buddies and I would play those games for hours upon hours.  I like playing the Heist games on the PS3 (pretty similar to L4D) but not near as fun and definitely doesn't have the same replay value and slaying zombies.  Would love to play this again someday.

the first gears of war was one of my favorite games of all time.  i do prefer the PS controllers.  used to have both, but sold the ps3 a few years ago.

the first gears of war was one of my favorite games of all time.  i do prefer the PS controllers.  used to have both, but sold the ps3 a few years ago.

I was the same way.  I started off on the Xbox and my PS3 sat there collecting dust for at least 2 years.  After the xbox broke the 2nd time, I decided to get my money's worth out of the ps3.  Never went back.  I could seriously be happy playing either console, as I just love to play video games.  

I was the same way.  I started off on the Xbox and my PS3 sat there collecting dust for at least 2 years.  After the xbox broke the 2nd time, I decided to get my money's worth out of the ps3.  Never went back.  I could seriously be happy playing either console, as I just love to play video games.  

I bought a ps3 earlier in the year for $150 with 3 games, it was... Last of Us, Heavy Rain, and Ni Nu Kuni.

Ni Nu Kuni was rad but the rest meh...

I've played quite a bit of "PSN" games on it though, lots of sweet indie titles on there also the PSN+ has provided me with some great titles.

Sony had a hold on me for PS1 and PS2 but the price tag on the PS3 at launch lost me since I was younger and didnt have much money.

Xbox 360 blew me away, some friends of mine had the PS3 so I was able to play both last gen and I have to say I always preferred the xbox exclusives and the online community though.

At this point my current set up is: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and then my 3DS.

I bought a ps3 earlier in the year for $150 with 3 games, it was... Last of Us, Heavy Rain, and Ni Nu Kuni.

I've played quite a bit of "PSN" games on it though, lots of sweet indie titles on there also the PSN+ has provided me with some great titles.

Sony had a hold on me for PS1 and PS2 but the price tag on the PS3 at launch lost me since I was younger and didnt have much money.

Xbox 360 blew me away, some friends of mine had the PS3 so I was able to play both last gen and I have to say I always preferred the xbox exclusives and the online community though.

At this point my current set up is: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and then my 3DS.

Are you happy with the Xbox One?  I've been debating back and forth for months about it.  Hard to justify the price tag when all I play is FPS games.  Definitely tempted now with Titanfall dropping soon.

You got a snazzy console collection, my friend!  I have a ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4, psp, and a ps vita.  I had the original xbox back in the day but traded it in towards the 360.  I also had a 3DS but got rid of it a while back.  Wish I would have held onto it though cause I really want to play Bravely Default.

Are you happy with the Xbox One?  I've been debating back and forth for months about it.  Hard to justify the price tag when all I play is FPS games.  Definitely tempted now with Titanfall dropping soon.

I always felt like xbox was the way to go if you are into FPS's.  Thats my opinion though. 

I always felt like xbox was the way to go if you are into FPS's.  Thats my opinion though. 

I agree 100% which is why I ended up selling my PS3 and replacing my original 360 when I got red ring'd.   I also agree with Kevin that the exclusives and online community are better on Xbox.

Just wanted his opinion on the worthwhile-ness of upgrading from 360 to X1 since he has both.  

I've always kept an open mind, but there's no way I'll ever consider buying an Xbox One. Xbox exclusives are also non-existent after the console is 3-4 years old, I dunno how they could be considered better unless you REALLY like Halo.

Console setup: PS3, 360, WiiU, PS4, 3DS.

Oh and South Park is honestly everything I hoped for, I'm loving it.

I've always kept an open mind, but there's no way I'll ever consider buying an Xbox One. Xbox exclusives are also non-existent after the console is 3-4 years old, I dunno how they could be considered better unless you REALLY like Halo.

Gears of War, Halo, and now Titanfall.

As a fan of FPS's, Xbox exclusives are some of my favorites.

Gears of War, Halo, and now Titanfall.

As a fan of FPS's, Xbox exclusives are some of my favorites.

Not to mention that Battlefield and Call of Duty play better on 360... but:

I got the Xbox One the moment I noticed I had enough money sitting around not set aside for bills because I'm GREAT with money.

I don't know if getting it in December like I did was totally worth it, but for FPS fans, I'd snag it with Titanfall.

Only complaint I've had so far is the lack of external hard-drive support which is "in development."

I've been playing: Deadrising 3, Thief, Peggle 2, Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and soon Titanfall (the beta was sooooo good)

I've always kept an open mind, but there's no way I'll ever consider buying an Xbox One. Xbox exclusives are also non-existent after the console is 3-4 years old, 

As opposed to the PS3's 4 good exclusive titles?

Exclusive titles are HARDLY a factor anymore in the "console wars"

Pretty much everything good is cross-platform.

You got a snazzy console collection, my friend!  

That's just my bed time set up too.... haha

As opposed to the PS3's 4 good exclusive titles?

Exclusive titles are HARDLY a factor anymore in the "console wars"

Pretty much everything good is cross-platform.

Which is why I bought a 360, the multi plats were better on it. Now multi-plats are all better on PS4. Lack of games + no multi-plat advantage = pointless Xbox One. Yeah there's Titanfall and a few more in the pipeline, but based on Microsofts track record it will fizzle out.

This graphic isn't debatable (Metacritic scores included, duds are red, 70s are yellow, 80+ is green, gray had no score when the graphic was made)

991a85.jpg

I want to like the Xbox One because I love videogames and the more the better, but there's no reason to at this point.

Not to mention that Battlefield and Call of Duty play better on 360...

But not Xbox One

If all your friends have an Xbone then that's a good reason to get one, not trying to start a war just thought I'd share my opinion on the matter.

I'm super excited for Titanfall next week. I absolutely loved the beta. I don't follow games too much, so I didn't have much hype going into it, but I'm so ready to get this game. I might pick it up at midnight, which I've never done for a game before.

It's always funny seeing an underage kid with one of their parents there. Never fails.

I AM SO EXCITED. ARE YOU ON PSN SO I CAN COMPARE TROPHIES AND RACE YOU TO PLATINUM?!?!

I definitely ordered the statue version, idgaf.

I'm also gonna go shieldless for the first time. Gonna be fucking intense not knowing what's gonna jump out of where.

360 :-( i wish i was on ps3 honestly 

regardless there is no difference between trophies/achievements so i accept this challenge 

i prefer to play shieldless for every playthrough honestly. dat grass crest on the back all day

360 :-( i wish i was on ps3 honestly 

regardless there is no difference between trophies/achievements so i accept this challenge 

i prefer to play shieldless for every playthrough honestly. dat grass crest on the back all day

You started your very first playthrough on Dark Souls shieldless and with no Demon's Souls background???!?!!

I just put Red Dead Redemption in for the first time in like, a year or two. Definitely the best game of 2010, probably the best game of the decade so far if you include that year. 

Even after being out so long, this shit still holds up. Absolutely love this game, can't wait to keep playing again. 

You started your very first playthrough on Dark Souls shieldless and with no Demon's Souls background???!?!!

i started my first dark souls playthrough by getting killed 40 times in the graveyard before figuring out what to do but once i figured everything out i ditched the shield and went all claymore

I just put Red Dead Redemption in for the first time in like, a year or two. Definitely the best game of 2010, probably the best game of the decade so far if you include that year. 

Even after being out so long, this shit still holds up. Absolutely love this game, can't wait to keep playing again. 

Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game of the 360/PS3 generation. I can't wait for another game in the series.

This graphic isn't debatable (Metacritic scores included, duds are red, 70s are yellow, 80+ is green, gray had no score when the graphic was made)

(insert info graphic here)

That literally just tells me I disagree with general public opinion.

Most of the titles they put in yellow were awful for me and a handful of the PS3 green.

Like MAG for instance, people actually liked that? I know there was lots of hype but from what I remember it fell reallly flat.

Also doesn't Metacrtic pull all reviews that mention the game / a number?

A ton of game critics are paid to say nice things.

edit: also - I have all 3 "last gen" consoles (assuming people still count the wii as a last gen...)

and I will eventually own all 3 of the current gen. so.....