What video games have you been playing?

If anyone is into the older systems, I found a really cool mac emulator that has a bunch of them in one. Plus it organizes the games and will find the titles/covers for them. Apparently you can hook up a variety of controllers and it'll map the keys onto it automatically. Below is a list of consoles n stuff.

• Game Boy Advance
  • Game Boy Color
  • NeoGeo Pocket Color
  • Nintendo (NES)/Famicom
  • Nintendo DS
  • Sega 32X
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
  • Sega Master System
  • Super Nintendo (SNES)
  • TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
  • Virtual Boy

Also, if anyone has some suggestion for games to try, lemme know. 

Holy shit. I picked up dead rising 3 for xbox one last week and ive been playing it off and on since then. But yesterday I played it for about 6 hours straight out of nowhere. Such a fun fucking game. I never played the previous installments, but ive heard theyre mountains of shit in comparison. any thoughts? or tips? Anybody wanna hop on that co-op action?

Been watching my soon to be six year old play Brothers (free on psn). Such a cool game (some serious plot points though). It reminds me alot of Ico. Each brother is controlled by one half of the controller. Puzzles aren't too complex. Good game so far. If anyone knows of any similar games like this plz share (gonna google eventually!).

Holy shit. I picked up dead rising 3 for xbox one last week and ive been playing it off and on since then. But yesterday I played it for about 6 hours straight out of nowhere. Such a fun fucking game. I never played the previous installments, but ive heard theyre mountains of shit in comparison. any thoughts? or tips? Anybody wanna hop on that co-op action?

I don't know where you heard that but you shouldn't listen to it! The first two games are a hell of a lot of fun - the original was one of the first ~classic~ xbox 360 games of that generation. They're challenging, fun as all hell, never take themselves too seriously, and the replay value for both of the games is honestly stupid. If you like DR3 and ever have the chance to get your hands on 1 & 2, you won't be disappointed with them!

I don't know where you heard that but you shouldn't listen to it! The first two games are a hell of a lot of fun - the original was one of the first ~classic~ xbox 360 games of that generation. They're challenging, fun as all hell, never take themselves too seriously, and the replay value for both of the games is honestly stupid. If you like DR3 and ever have the chance to get your hands on 1 & 2, you won't be disappointed with them!

I hated both with a passion :P

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (PS2 on my PS3).  I forgot how fun that game is, even if it is shitty PS2 graphics.

I've always been able to look past the graphics as long as the game is good.  To this day, my favorite RPG's are Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 9.  Graphics are pale in comparison to the RPG's today, but the stories were beyond anything that is out today.

I've always been able to look past the graphics as long as the game is good.  To this day, my favorite RPG's are Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 9.  Graphics are pale in comparison to the RPG's today, but the stories were beyond anything that is out today.

I think that 2D sprite graphics age a lot better though too.  PS1 (and now PS2) era 3D games look primitive now.  16 bit graphics have such a charm too them too.

I think that 2D sprite graphics age a lot better though too.  PS1 (and now PS2) era 3D games look primitive now.  16 bit graphics have such a charm too them too.

You both make very good points.