What video games have you been playing?

Anyone play the new thief game? Its on sale for 9.99 on gamefly and wondering if it is worth it

I heard it pretty half-baked.  I never played it myself, but I would be wary.  I love stealth games and playing as thief chars. in RPGs and I was turned off by the reviews and decided not to bother checking it out.

That TLUO OST live performance it awesome!

647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg

Currently killing Championship Mode.

Dude!  I used to play this game SO MUCH it is a CLASSIC.  I had World Tour and this, played World Tour to death and then this when it came out... it was so much better than WT.  But then one night I had Revenge sitting in the GameShark and walking around at night and accidentally kicked the cartridge and thanks to the GameShark design it broke the chip/circuit board part of the cartridge that makes contact.  So it no longer works.  WT still works, but who can go back to that?  Revenge had Raven and the flock hahahaha holy shit I'm remembering being 12 years old and it's making me laugh, I haven't thought about wrestling in so long.

When I get a PS4 I think I'm going for this one. It looks so good. That Ebay deal is pretty good though.

2572408-3652060468-SONY_.jpg

That white version is pretty slick, but jumping from the Xbox camp - and having never owned a slim - I'm ready to go back to black.  It'll finally match everything in my own setup, personally.  What kind of savings are factored into that Destiny bundle, out of curiosity?

That white version is pretty slick, but jumping from the Xbox camp - and having never owned a slim - I'm ready to go back to black.  It'll finally match everything in my own setup, personally.  What kind of savings are factored into that Destiny bundle, out of curiosity?

Just looked it up... It's $450. At that price, I think I'll just go for a regular edition as well. Come to think of it, all the consoles I have hooked up right now are black.

647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg

Currently killing Championship Mode.

When I was a kid, my grandma gave me 75 bucks for my birthday. I promptly took that wad of cash to Target where i bought this and Tupac's Greatest Hits. 

15 years later and i'm still not sure i have ever made a better financial decision. 

When I was a kid, my grandma gave me 75 bucks for my birthday. I promptly took that wad of cash to Target where i bought this and Tupac's Greatest Hits.

15 years later and i'm still not sure i have ever made a better financial decision.

That game was so easy after you figured all the little tricks out

Question for you guys.  Went ahead and pulled the trigger on that PS4 through eBay.  (Feels good.  Real good.)  But before it arrives, I'd like to order all the components I'll need to hookup.  The monitor I'll be grabbing will obviously support HDMI... but my sound setup is currently analog with (RCA, yellow and red cables).  So the goal is to have the video HDMI, and the sound analog.

And here is my question to those of your tech-savvy with cables: what would you recommend to achieve this setup?  Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like I'll just need this, and an extra HDMI.  PS4's HDMI goes into that device, and out the other end I'd run the second HDMI into the monitor, correct?  And then I'd just plug in the RCA audio cables.  Seems a little too easy, but I wanted to check to see if there were any cheaper or more practical solutions.

Either way, looking forward to catching you guys online soon.

My monitor has an 'audio out' jack, so I just use HMDI from PS4 to monitor and one of these from my monitor to receiver.

That sounds pretty simple.  I'm pretty happy with my current surround-sound setup, but it's completely independent of everything else, hence all the hoop jumping with the cables.

Here's a new question for TV / monitor buffs – I've personally gamed on monitors for the majority of time that I've owned consoles.  My last one doubled as both my PC and 360 display.  Aside from having to switch between the two, I loved it.  I felt like the response time was pin-point perfect, even if I wasn't gaming in HDMI.  But whenever I'd take the 360 to a friend's house or hook it up on the family's LED TV, the response time was just horrendous.  Maybe not enough to completely deter me from enjoying a game, but anything that required accurate timing – like competitive online play, or music-rhythm games – were simply out of the question.

For the past few weeks I've been mulling over HDMI options that would be ideal with the PS4.  I've had my heart set on this 27" ASUS.  But now I'm beginning to consider a TV; I just don't know what kind of jump I'd be looking at.  The one I'm eying is a 32" LG – it's my understanding that Samsung and LG are two solid choices for TVs; what's the verdict for everyone else?  Should I be looking at anything other than refresh rate or response time?  The extra screen estate would be really nice, but I usually don't game from a distance so I'm wondering if I should play it safe and stick to a monitor.

So many decisions.

That sounds pretty simple.  I'm pretty happy with my current surround-sound setup, but it's completely independent of everything else, hence all the hoop jumping with the cables.

Here's a new question for TV / monitor buffs – I've personally gamed on monitors for the majority of time that I've owned consoles.  My last one doubled as both my PC and 360 display.  Aside from having to switch between the two, I loved it.  I felt like the response time was pin-point perfect, even if I wasn't gaming in HDMI.  But whenever I'd take the 360 to a friend's house or hook it up on the family's LED TV, the response time was just horrendous.  Maybe not enough to completely deter me from enjoying a game, but anything that required accurate timing – like competitive online play, or music-rhythm games – were simply out of the question.

For the past few weeks I've been mulling over HDMI options that would be ideal with the PS4.  I've had my heart set on this 27" ASUS.  But now I'm beginning to consider a TV; I just don't know what kind of jump I'd be looking at.  The one I'm eying is a 32" LG – it's my understanding that Samsung and LG are two solid choices for TVs; what's the verdict for everyone else?  Should I be looking at anything other than refresh rate or response time?  The extra screen estate would be really nice, but I usually don't game from a distance so I'm wondering if I should play it safe and stick to a monitor.

So many decisions.

If you're looking to take games seriously, then I'd definitely recommend playing on a smaller setup. One of my friends is so obsessed with a fast response time that he plays on a 12" monitor at most. 

I've always played on a somewhat bigger TV and I'd consider myself an above average player. Played on a 32" for years, and I loved it. I recently moved into a new place, and got a huge TV. I believe 50" or so. And it made playing COD online frustrating. Definitely declined in my play. But after fixing some settings and lowering my sensitivity, I adjusted.

But honestly, it's up to personal preference. I've never seen the point of a fast refresh rate unless I wanted to take gaming seriously. And no online game really pushes me to do that anymore. I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather enjoy a huge setup that games like Skyrim or GTA V look beautiful on, or that could entertain my friends by putting on Netflix and watching a movie. 

But again, if you want that fast refresh time, usually the smaller TV is the way to go.

And I've also always used Samsung. From the big boob tube TV to my 50". A great line of TV's. Pretty much top of the line from what I've heard. 

Thanks for the insight.  The 22" [?] monitor I own now is a Samsung.  And like you both have said, it's been good to me.  Real good.  I've probably had it since 2010 or 2011, and there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever.  Not a dead pixel, distorted spot, or bleeding edge.  I haven't priced out Samsung monitors yet, but I'll have to consider it.

My monitor has an 'audio out' jack, so I just use HMDI from PS4 to monitor and one of these from my monitor to receiver.

This is exactly how my setup works to.  PS4 goes A/V out via HDMI, then the audio is routed to the receiver (which accepts Red and White) via Audio Out.  Works great, sounds way better than the built-in speaker on the TV and no latency, at least nothing noticeable, anyway.  It's also dead simple cause it also sends the TV/BD/DVD signal out with no need for extra cable or channel switching on the receiver.