What video games have you been playing?

Is it worth starting a Pokemon thread for trades etc?? Had a couple of PM's and wondering if it will be easier for everyone on a specific thread? Can post what you need and what you have...

I'm all for this, would be the easiest option unless we had some kind of mobile chat group of the same sort. 

Is it worth starting a Pokemon thread for trades etc?? Had a couple of PM's and wondering if it will be easier for everyone on a specific thread? Can post what you need and what you have...

I think a general trade PM would work since a few of us will probably be pretty into it. Can easily filter out the weeds that way too.

Still gotta play through Pokemon X. Got bored halfway through when I couldn't figure out how to get to the other part of the main hub city. Hoping Sun/Moon is good though! Anyone here gonna grab Pokken tournament?

Oh, and rooks! I managed to grab the special edition of Fire Emblem Fates!

Still gotta play through Pokemon X. Got bored halfway through when I couldn't figure out how to get to the other part of the main hub city. Hoping Sun/Moon is good though! Anyone here gonna grab Pokken tournament?

Oh, and rooks! I managed to grab the special edition of Fire Emblem Fates!

Ah you lucky bastard :)

I'm enjoying my Birthright playthrough, but I tend to take Fire Emblem slow. When I start getting too deep into it I catch myself skipping support dialogue and stuff and I don't want to do that. So, I take it slow and stay engaged.

Ah you lucky bastard :)

I'm enjoying my Birthright playthrough, but I tend to take Fire Emblem slow. When I start getting too deep into it I catch myself skipping support dialogue and stuff and I don't want to do that. So, I take it slow and stay engaged.

Yeah I was lucky to catch a Target restock late last night/early this morning. 

With three playthroughs, there's gotta be a ton of content, plus the maps they're gonna add each week. Can't wait to find this on my doorstep next week. Birthright is the traditional "easy" playthrough right?

Yeah I was lucky to catch a Target restock late last night/early this morning. 

With three playthroughs, there's gotta be a ton of content, plus the maps they're gonna add each week. Can't wait to find this on my doorstep next week. Birthright is the traditional "easy" playthrough right?

Yeah Birthright is more like Awakening - lots of paralogues and opportunities for level/support grinding. Most of the battles are either escape or rout the enemy.  Conquest is more like old FE - no grind levels at all, objectives and maps are much harder more complicated.

So, I'm really looking forward to Conquest, but I didn't want to play that first and then be bored with Birthright, so bought Birthright first.

TONS of content. I have a lot of hours on my game already, and I'm not even done 1 of the paths. Or even close.

Yeah Birthright is more like Awakening - lots of paralogues and opportunities for level/support grinding. Most of the battles are either escape or rout the enemy.  Conquest is more like old FE - no grind levels at all, objectives and maps are much harder more complicated.

So, I'm really looking forward to Conquest, but I didn't want to play that first and then be bored with Birthright, so bought Birthright first.

TONS of content. I have a lot of hours on my game already, and I'm not even done 1 of the paths. Or even close.

Old FE games as the ones before the GBA games? 

Yeah I'll probably do the same. Makes the most sense. I wonder what Revelations is supposed to be like. 

That's awesome. Are the paths really that long?

Old FE games as the ones before the GBA games? 

Yeah I'll probably do the same. Makes the most sense. I wonder what Revelations is supposed to be like. 

That's awesome. Are the paths really that long?

Each path is like 20-40 hours straight through. But with the online play, My Castle, Supports, Paralogues... I don't know in reality how long they will take.

It's hard to explain the Conquest difference, because i didn't play the old games. I didn't want to say "harder" because you can still set it to Phoenix Easy Mode if you wanted to, but instead of just like "Kill Everything" the maps are like "Protect this square" "Survive for 14 turns" "Use wind turbines to move your enemies around the map or else they will use them on you" more variation. And, there are NO side levels and you can't replay levels. So you have to be very careful about who gets exp when.

Each path is like 20-40 hours straight through. But with the online play, My Castle, Supports, Paralogues... I don't know in reality how long they will take.

It's hard to explain the Conquest difference, because i didn't play the old games. I didn't want to say "harder" because you can still set it to Phoenix Easy Mode if you wanted to, but instead of just like "Kill Everything" the maps are like "Protect this square" "Survive for 14 turns" "Use wind turbines to move your enemies around the map or else they will use them on you" more variation. And, there are NO side levels and you can't replay levels. So you have to be very careful about who gets exp when.

Yeah I tried to find a good emulator for the old games to try to get a taste for them but they were very difficult and confusing. I'd like to try them again at some point. Wish I had the money and the time to track down and buy them for the old Nintendo consoles.

Well Conquest definitely sounds interesting. Is it the same cast of characters essentially or are there differences? I remember seeing that the chapters are the same up until like chapter 5 or 6.

Yeah I tried to find a good emulator for the old games to try to get a taste for them but they were very difficult and confusing. I'd like to try them again at some point. Wish I had the money and the time to track down and buy them for the old Nintendo consoles.

Well Conquest definitely sounds interesting. Is it the same cast of characters essentially or are there differences? I remember seeing that the chapters are the same up until like chapter 5 or 6.

Chapter 1-6 is a set prologue. it's the same for both paths, then you choose.

Cast is totally different on either side (except for a few crossovers you meet on missions). One side is your birth family (Birthright) other side is your adopted(kidnapped) family (Conquest).

Chapter 1-6 is a set prologue. it's the same for both paths, then you choose.

Cast is totally different on either side (except for a few crossovers you meet on missions). One side is your birth family (Birthright) other side is your adopted(kidnapped) family (Conquest).

Good. Was hoping that it wouldn't just be like the split paths in Sacred Stones. So stoked to get this.

Good. Was hoping that it wouldn't just be like the split paths in Sacred Stones. So stoked to get this.

Yeah look up some trailers or something, you'll have a lot more of the story. I'm a little annoyed that n matter what you choose you basically are a "good guy" even if you choose the evil empire, you still try to fight from within to fight for good and peace. I kind of wish if you chose Conquest you could just go full fucking evil. But, meh :)

Yeah look up some trailers or something, you'll have a lot more of the story. I'm a little annoyed that n matter what you choose you basically are a "good guy" even if you choose the evil empire, you still try to fight from within to fight for good and peace. I kind of wish if you chose Conquest you could just go full fucking evil. But, meh :)

Yeah that would be cool. I wouldn't really expect Nintendo to present an evil playthrough of anything really. 

Just completed Life Is Strange yesterday. Wow, that game was a mind fuck the whole way through. Really enjoyed the game along with the soundtrack. After beating it, I went back to choose the last part again for the other ending option and I'm glad I did, cause it was awesome. 

Also still playing Mega Man on the side. Fuck that game. Its as hard as I remember.

With Life Is Strange being complete, time to get back into Fallout.