so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

I still have his last print in my to frame pile. I keep spending money on more prints, instead of framing my backlog of like 15-20. I need to get that one done professionally, since I want to float it, and have never floated a print before.

So...now I need to find the best way to sell 16 posters. Anybody have tips for photographing them? All I have is an iPhone 5.

actually how to photograph them or how to photograph them and upload them to the site?

also if you don't feel like photographing them all you can just find the links to all the print online and just upload the pictures from there.

I still have in my to frame pile. I keep spending money on more prints, instead of framing my backlog of like 15-20. I need to get that one done professionally, since I want to float it, and have never floated a print before.

I think it will look amazing floating! I feel your pain about buying more prints. My frame pile us getting out of hand.

I'm trying to get decent pics of them - partially because I want to be able to accurately portray their condition online. Some have pinholes or tape marks on the back. A few do not.

I'm trying to find the best way to sell these things. It's definitely a niche market, but one in which buyers will spend a lot of money. I'm a little nervous, to be honest.

I'll post some pics here (another time), but the ones I've taken so far aren't that good.

Well I forgot about the Jeremy Geddes print, so it looks like I'll be ordering the James Jean on Tuesday.

Edit:

I started to hang stuff up in my work in progress framing room. Here is my Portugal. The Man print collection. Shitty iphone camera was washed out a bit by the light, and all the frames are slightly different so it was hard to get them even. I also suck at hanging stuff.

vdaeJI6l.jpg

Agreed, it really sucks I just need to suck it up and get one of those laser pointing levels 

Same. I'm good at math, but the damn hangers being put in different spots always fucks me up.

I used to have a collection of 200+ pieces of original comic art, prints, lithographs and giclees.  I sold it all except two pieces of original art and a dozen or so prints.  I still have some early James Jean prints.  This is a cool thread, but I don't miss buying them.  I am buying a house in the spring, and I plan to have some or all my pieces framed.

I also have a few fine art pieces from the master Japanese print maker Hajime Namiki.  If you like trees, and perfectly executed prints made with metallic inks, check his stuff out.

Hajime Namiki

10733960_10205174671192886_3766776529953

James Jean

10387246_10205174671512894_1966509133100

64766_10205174671232887_2169628939284822

I pulled five signed and numbered comic art prints out of my stash while photographing that I will be selling.  They are by Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo), Frank Cho (Sheena), Andrew Robinson (Ghost Rider, X-men), and Simone Bianchi (X-Men).  PM me if interested.

Anyone try their luck at the Mondo Batman drop today?

I was able to get Jokers Favor and The Riddler. Missed out on Freeze and Bat Girl. Sold out lightning quick

Not today. Yesterday I scored the Batman & Dracula: Red Rain though. I wanted Jokers Favor and Mr. Freeze so incredibly bad though. No money for them unfortunately :(.

Anyone try their luck at the Mondo Batman drop today?

I was able to get Jokers Favor and The Riddler. Missed out on Freeze and Bat Girl. Sold out lightning quick

I got The Joker and The Riddler (both by Jason Edmiston) Couldn't convince myself to spend the extra on Freeze as badly as I wanted it

I grabbed Heart of Ice and Joker's Favor. Paypal is still giving me serious issues on the new site even after remaking my account. They staggered the drop so I had to do two separate orders. The first order went through easily and then the second got tied up. So frustrating. Some problem with API authorization or something along those lines. Anyone else get that?

Hajime Namiki

10733960_10205174671192886_3766776529953

James Jean

10387246_10205174671512894_1966509133100

64766_10205174671232887_2169628939284822

I pulled five signed and numbered comic art prints out of my stash while photographing that I will be selling.  They are by Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo), Frank Cho (Sheena), Andrew Robinson (Ghost Rider, X-men), and Simone Bianchi (X-Men).  PM me if interested.

Awesome James Jeans.

Ordered my "Seasons" print yesterday, Expensive, but worth it.