Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Best: Ordered the Swamp Thing s/t 7" from Hellfish last year. Didn't get anything for a month or two, so I shot them an email about it. Got a prompt response saying that for some reason the order never showed up on their end, and apologizing profusely. A few days later, I received the record, but it was the most rare version out of 200, only available in the 2011 subscription series. Was fucking cool.

May 13, 2013 11:05 AM Received and currently processing for shipment   March 26, 2013 3:03 PM Received and currently processing for shipment   April 26, 2012 4:04 PM Received and currently processing for shipment   March 08, 2012 2:03 PM Received and currently processing for shipment   March 17, 2011 3:03 PM Shipped on April 07, 2011 2:04 AM   March 16, 2011 9:03 PM Received and currently processing for shipment   December 17, 2010 10:12 PM Received and currently processing for shipment   August 19, 2010 9:08 AM Shipped on September 02, 2010 5:09 AM   August 15, 2010 8:08 PM Received and currently processing for shipment

all from merchnow. could have said i never got the items for most of them. Also, every single order has either been delayed, messed up, or some other reason. My recent one for The Greatest Generation wont come until June 3rd even though the record has been pressed! I also would email them and they would get back to me 2 weeks later asking for a "detailed" problem

I (Jenna) have looked into this and I can only find one post deleted. I have restored it. I spoke to the person who deleted it and they swear that they didn't do it. I however can verify the IP that did the deleting is not one they have ever used so I kinda believe them and asked to change password. I will keep an eye on it for sure. If there are other posts besides what I was able to restore can you PM me and I can look into it. If I have your account name it may make it easier to find.

No one at SRC would delete posts and do look at them to improve. Despite what everyone thinks about us being this huge company we are still a very small company with some definite weak spots and we do make mistakes. We may be slow at it at times but we do eventually return all CS emails that we receive and fix the issues. There is unfortunately more work than staff members which I am looking at changing that.

Regardless PM me if your comment was deleted so I can look into it. We are most concerned with how this happened so even if you dont want your comment restored please PM me so I can find out what exactly happened.

I (Jenna) have looked into this and I can only find one post deleted. I have restored it. I spoke to the person who deleted it and they swear that they didn't do it. I however can verify the IP that did the deleting is not one they have ever used so I kinda believe them and asked to change password. I will keep an eye on it for sure. If there are other posts besides what I was able to restore can you PM me and I can look into it. If I have your account name it may make it easier to find.

No one at SRC would delete posts and do look at them to improve. Despite what everyone thinks about us being this huge company we are still a very small company with some definite weak spots and we do make mistakes. We may be slow at it at times but we do eventually return all CS emails that we receive and fix the issues. There is unfortunately more work than staff members which I am looking at changing that.

Regardless PM me if your comment was deleted so I can look into it. We are most concerned with how this happened so even if you dont want your comment restored please PM me so I can find out what exactly happened.

I don't see SRC as a big evil company. I see it as a company that has hired some HORRIBLE CS reps - Danny in particular is especially rude and completely ignores emails. 

Okay, back to the "best" part:

Bill from Reveille Records is awesome. When international shipping on the site seemed high, I emailed to see what we could do. He emailed me back (almost instantly) multiple times to get me different quotes to get me the cheapest rate he could. On top of that he threw in a free coozie and a bunch of stickers. All labels should strive to communicate this well. 

Run For Cover has been awesome lately too. With the rise in international shipping (I know, I know,) Dane has helped me out a few times. Not only have they combined orders for me but I also got $5 back last week from shipping because it ended up being less than I paid. So awesome!

Phil at Earache Records was great also. I had originally emailed about Carcass' Symphony of Sickness because it wasn't in the store. He emailed me back saying it sold out but if any orders were cancelled he'd email me back and let me know. He eventually emailed me back saying they had some extra copies as well as if I'd like to order Carcass Necrotism... prior to it going up for sale. I ended up going with one of the cheaper colors because the most limited is like $5 more. He emailed me today saying that my order shipped but unfortunately they sold out of the color I ordered so he sent me the most rare one. Absolutely unreal service!

Going on two weeks since I ordered a slipmat and a few record sleeves from Shopradiocast. According to the website, my order still hasn't shipped, and I've gotten no notification of anything being backordered/out of stock. My emails to their support have gone unanswered for, I think, 3 days now. 

That's totally not acceptable. 

On the flip side, I ordered an acetate test pressing from Mike at Asian Man. He ended up misunderstanding and only sending a regular test pressing. After we sorted it out, it turned out that he didn't actually have the acetate anymore, so he let me keep the regular test pressing for dirt cheap. Good dude, and very responsive to emails.

I am not impressed with SRC as of my last order through them. I have made several orders in the past, and went along without any issues. I ordered four 12"s from them in the beginning of April.  A couple were on 3-5 day backorder. Ok, fine. I'll wait an extra week, no big deal. Took over a month to get three of them, and I am still waiting for the other one. Allegedly it was set to ship last Friday or today. I'm pretty sure it won't be shipping today... still awaiting fulfillment and its a holiday. 

If you are out of stock, don't list it as being on a short backorder and let people order it. Then blatantly lie to me by saying "Everything is in stock just in que to ship." A MONTH AGO. And blaming shipping delays on software issues. I've been waiting damn near two months for this thing now and could have purchased it elsewhere. I don't mind the wait, but the excuses are hilarious. 

I won't be ordering through them again. Being straight up lied to by customer service isn't cool. They need to get their shit together. 

Mind over Matter = Great Customer Service

Castleface Records = Crappy CS and/or production decisions lately. (Make a record that is limited to 300 copies, sell out then decide to release 300 more....then sell out and decide to make even more.....If they aren't going to be limited to a certain number just don't tell us the numbers in the first place?!)

Thanks for the kind words. I been waiting forever to make this list lol.

the guy at pirate ship records however, was by far my best ever

http://www.storenvy.com/stores/7368-pirate-ship-records

he bumped up my shipping to priority just because i asked for a time estimate, and didnt charge me extra. arrived beautifully packaged with some free goodies too. what a bloke

Ska Is Dead - Asbestos Records / Underground Communique

At the end of October 2012 I wrote to their info asking why I didn't get the first four 7"s of the series but they never replied.

I tried to write to Underground Communique email and I even pm'd Justin on here but he never replied.

Then I pm'd Flood, he replied he would check my order. After some days I asked for news but he didn't reply so I sent a message to the Asbestos Records Facebook page. He said "sorry for the delay, that went out a few days ago".

It was November 9 2012.

Since I didn't get nothing after one months or two I messagged Asbestos again and Flood said "maybe it got lost, I'll send another one tomorrow". After another month I got the last two 7"s but no trace of the first part of my order. This time he said I gave him a wrong address and name (my girlfriend's name and address) and then he said to wait for another package.

I wrote him other ten/twenty times and according to what he wrote my package got lost three/four times at least and in the last two months he started ignoring my messages.

Needless to say I received every other order I made from US (40-50 orders in the last year)

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?