Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I'm really unimpressed by Music On Vinyl's customer service.

No recall on Angel Dust to correct the mispress.

No information on the mispress sent to stores (or at tleast the two stores I communicated with about it).

No refund for the international postage to send the record back to them to get it replaced.

An inner sleeve so split that I could almost open it like a book to get the record out.

And the general impression I got from the tone of the email exchange with them was they did not care about any of the above.

I ordered a Wooden Waves cassette from One Percent Press on March 23rd. Waited a month before I started sending emails through various outlets(contact info, bandcamp, etc.). No response. Sent a message via Facebook a couple weeks ago, and finally got a response, 'Hey sorry about that. I'll ship it out today and send you the tracking info.

No tracking info, no music, no more responses. I'm not really bent outta shape over it - a $5 loss - but just sort of miffed. Curious if anyone else can vouch for these guys. They just co released the new Unwelcome Guests LP, so it's not like they're a dormant label.

Redscroll Records, from Wallingford, CT

Some of the best customer service I've ever got, either through Discogs, or even just through e-mail.

Simply amazing and keen people over there.

Had another excellent experience with Temporary Residence.  Ordered 3 LPs, one of which is apparently being repressed.  Instead of holding up my whole order, they sent me the 2 available LPs and a download code for the other one to tide me over until it's shipped.

big cosign on both of these

• 2 weeks later...

Another big shout out to Deathwish. I bough the most recent pressing of Deafheaven - Sunbather at my local shop and it had a pressing flaw in one of the records that created audible noise all the way through both sides. I sent Deathwish an email and Caleb sent me a fresh copy for free, along with a bunch of stickers and posters. I emailed him on Monday and hard my new copy on Friday, and I didn't even order directly from Deathwish! That is what I consider going above and beyond, they earned a loyal fan and customer in me.

I'd like to give a thumbs up to Antique Records. Recently bought a cassette from them and it shipped the next day. When it arrived I found an extra random cassette that they threw in for free and a hand written note on a page from a Shel Silverstein book. It was awesome, and I'll probably keep the note as a reminder of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried digging through this thread and couldn't find an answer and this seems as good a place to ask as anywhere.  When you make a records-only purchase from Merchnow, what do they ship in?  Anytime I've orderd LPs from their site in the past it has always been in conjunction with merch...

Same question goes for Hot Topic?  Any help would be appreciated kids, thanks!

I tried digging through this thread and couldn't find an answer and this seems as good a place to ask as anywhere. When you make a records-only purchase from Merchnow, what do they ship in? Anytime I've orderd LPs from their site in the past it has always been in conjunction with merch...

Same question goes for Hot Topic? Any help would be appreciated kids, thanks!

Regualr LP mailers.

Huge thumbs down to Hot Green Records. I tried ordering Algernon Cadwallader's record, Parrot Flies from them for $12 ppd, which is a crazy cheap price for a single, new record. Shipping said 1-2 weeks. Three weeks later, no shipping confirmation, no record. I filed a PayPal dispute, no response. Escalated it to a claim, no response. Pretty bummed about it, but oh well. I'll eventually get my money back.

Huge thumbs down to Hot Green Records. I tried ordering Algernon Cadwallader's record, Parrot Flies from them for $12 ppd, which is a crazy cheap price for a single, new record. Shipping said 1-2 weeks. Three weeks later, no shipping confirmation, no record. I filed a PayPal dispute, no response. Escalated it to a claim, no response. Pretty bummed about it, but oh well. I'll eventually get my money back.

I went through the same process with them. They must not be an active label anymore, so they should probably stop accepting orders.

I went through the same process with them. They must not be an active label anymore, so they should probably stop accepting orders.

Dang that sucks, but kinda glad I read this. I was about to order from them because of those awesome deals!

How long ago did you order from them? It's pretty shitty of those dudes.

I ordered a record from (an at the time defunct band) drmanhattan and they actually sent it in a timely manner...

How long ago did you order from them? It's pretty shitty of those dudes.

I ordered a record from (an at the time defunct band) drmanhattan and they actually sent it in a timely manner...

I think I got my paypal refund around a month ago. So a few months before that. Waited around 30 days, sent a email to the label (no reply), filed paypal claim within 45 days, then escalated after a few more weeks and of course won the case.

That's so shitty. I find it hard to believe that the people that are supposed to be running the label have no clue about any of this stuff... I mean how the hell do you just stop checking the email for the label you run and stop providing mail order service without any sort of ending statement? That's a basic responsibility for running a label.

It must have been sometime ago that they stopped mailing orders. $2 for shipping is less than what it actually costs to ship any record. Judging by that, I'd think it's been over two years since they have updated their page.

I'm really unimpressed by Music On Vinyl's customer service.

No recall on Angel Dust to correct the mispress.

No information on the mispress sent to stores (or at tleast the two stores I communicated with about it).

No refund for the international postage to send the record back to them to get it replaced.

An inner sleeve so split that I could almost open it like a book to get the record out.

And the general impression I got from the tone of the email exchange with them was they did not care about any of the above.

A downvote. What a mature reaction. How about the MOV associated person here who took the time to find it and register the downvote actually address the issue. I'm assuming all the response I'll get to this post is another downvote.

I recently got an Earth LP from Southern Lord and the A/B record was damaged.  I got a really quick response from the label (few hours) and they'll be shipping a replacement disc this week.  All around pleasant interaction.

SL is great. Replaced one of my Pelican discs that had a scratch with little question other than to make sure they got the right disc in the right color out to me. Since they've started doing media mail, one of the best labels.

SL is great. Replaced one of my Pelican discs that had a scratch with little question other than to make sure they got the right disc in the right color out to me. Since they've started doing media mail, one of the best labels.

That's how I feel too.  Having the option for media mail has only increased how much I order from them.  I'm glad their customer service seems to be on top of things, just adds to how much I like/respect the label.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?