Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Whether you get other stuff faster or not, 8 days is nothing to complain about. 

Internationally hell no, 8 days is great, fantastic even.

Domestic UK we'll have to agree to disagree as I do think it matters whether I get my stuff faster or not. If prices are equivalent, I'll just move my business on to whoever provides the quicker service, I'm sure any savvy customer would do the same.

Going back to my point, I'm talking about the same label here. I'm over the moon when TSR-US gets items to me in 8 days (heck internationally I'm happy with several weeks), but they have consistently delivered extremely speedily internationally, hence why I have used them repeatedly and am very happy. But you can't surely expect me to be happy with ordering from a UK based distributor (on behalf of TSR) that takes the same time to get the item to me, international borders aside. Hence why I'll continue to use the US site.

Quick note:

Deathwish are now offering a DHL option for International Customers. What does this mean?

* 2-3 business days shipping to Europe and most locations worldwide

* Equal or less than the cost of USPS Priority International Shipping on most shipments
* Fully tracked door to door
* Paperless clearing for customs

www.deathwishinc.com

-J.

Deathwish also does local pickup, as I just went there yesterday to grab my order.

They included a bunch of stickers and little free extras. As it's been said before, they are really great and their customer service is tops.

I have a feeling they'd get tired of me hanging around if I lived close enough to do local pickup :)

Came here to mention that both Ghostly and Three Lobed Recording both used mailers with thick cardboard reinforcement on two sides, love those!

Anyone have good/bad experience with Ninja Tune? I ordered the re-releases of two Amon Tobin albums, both arrived damaged (there was no protective packaging whatsoever, just the records tossed in a non-snug box).

However, one LP was clearly not damaged just from shipping. It wasn't sealed and there was a filament of dust/dirt covering the sleeve. There was a 4" hole in the top, and a 2" hole in the side. That filament of dirt was also on the record itself (from the holes) which tells me it was placed in the box to be shipped in this condition. 

I contacted them/sent pictures, and they said they'd send me replacements. That was over three weeks ago, which is a bit disheartening considering it only took 10 days to receive the shipment when I first bought it. 

IMG_0961_zps845a5865.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, my replacements finally arrived today. Well, actually they just sent me new copies of each rather than only sending my sleeves. Which I was a bit confused about, but I guess that's cool. 

Yet, they still shipped them with the same poor packaging, and the sleeves still ended up creased and a slight tear on one of them. Not a big deal at all and I'm not complaining, just saying... I mean, I'm glad they sent me replacements. But they didn't resolve the issue, so I suppose I'm not going to order directly through them any more. 

I would usually get good customer service from any distro/record label including

-Deathwish
-Robotic Empire (lots of extra goodies)
-No Idea
-MerchDirect 
-Bestbuy
-In The Clouds
-Hot Topic
-Magic Bullet
-Vinyl Junkie (wished he was still active)
-Enjoy The Ride (random extras and good packaging)
-Temporary Residence

The only time I really had a problem was when my Jane Doe (2010 reissue) pre-order became missing in the mail. It was also compacted by the fact that I moved from the house that it was originally addressed to. Customer service basically said that they will look out for it if it came back to them. A few years later around 2012-2013 I emailed them again and they said they couldn't help since it was such an old order. But Sometime late last year I actually received it when it was delivered years late to my old address and had it forwarded to my new address.

<b>Anyone ever get ripped off by Moon Glyph records?</b>

I ordered 2 LPs direct from the label in December. Not pre orders. $24 + shipping.

2 emails to him, 1 note back with a link to some downloads. No records. :(

I'm inclined to cut the dude some slack if he's a one-man record label, but fuck, almost three months and no records.

Tempted to put him on blast.

Dude from Moon Glyph finaly came through and sent my two records. Threw in 2 7" records free as an aplology.

Good records, looooooooooong wait.

Flannel Gurl Records are literally the best. Such awesome people.

I back this so hard. Flannel Gurl are so nice, they wrote a personal note in an order and when my girlfriend I ordered twice in a span of a day, they combined the orders and refunded us some money and let us know about it.

Also Art Of The Underground. Ordered  3x 5 for $5 7" bundles and the package got lost in the mail twice. Alex Kerns kept in contact constantly, kept asking if my package arrived and sent me a third package, and the last one finally came. Good d00d good label.

I'm having the complete opposite experience right now.  Ordered the Gordon Gano's Army LP from them a month ago and haven't received it yet.  Emailed last week asking what's up, no response.  I just filed a PayPal dispute today.

Unfortunately not that I can find.  They have a contact form to fill out on their websites and a few different email addresses listed. Have tried them all. Including talking to the head honcho, Darren Brink.

They (kind of) made it up to me.  Ended up sending a copy of a less rare variant, that cost 5 bucks less, plus a "free" cd.  At least the money wasn't completely lost.

Joyful noise has great customer service.  I stopped receiving my flexi's for like 3 months last year (then I cancelled the subscription cause I was broke) and they sent me all of them plus a bunch of stickers, VIP exclusive cassette, Kishi bashi button and candy!

plus all of their records are so beautiful.

I have had nothing but great experiences with,

Different Kitchen Records,

Monkey Boy Records,

Drunken Sailor Records.

Fast delivery and super friendly service, they normally all throw in a sticker or two as well.

Brassneck records are fantastic too. The owner sold me one of his own preordered Larry Arms records a few months back at no extra cost, great guy.

Another shout out to TomorrowBelongsToUs, the guy was late in posting my order, but threw in a few 7"s when he did.

And finally Rubber Factory who after a delay in posting, upgraded my Sainte Catherines record to a limited pressing and threw in a shitload of 7"s and stickers.

I've been lucky to never have a bad experience with any distro or label; each of these guys are fantastic.

I back this so hard. Flannel Gurl are so nice, they wrote a personal note in an order and when my girlfriend I ordered twice in a span of a day, they combined the orders and refunded us some money and let us know about it.

Same here! and since then, I couldn't help but order a couple more variants of the same album. Good prices, nice people.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?