LOUIE

Parts were really funny, but I think you have to be familiar with his standup in order not to wince. It is painful to watch some of his fuck ups. It's like he takes things that he would make a good joke out of and shows you the real, pathetic truth about what really happened. I liked it, but it was disturbing.

• 3 years later...

I think if people had kind of a "wtf" reaction to it early on, seeing more episodes probably smoothed that over. It certainly isn't like anything else, and even when the "experiments" in the show don't go all that well, it's still really worthwhile to see someone doing something so out there and fresh compared to television in general.

It's so hard to pick a favorite, but "Bummer/Blueberries" is one I could point to as being really great.

• 3 months later...

I am very satisfied with how this season wound up. I think I (and most other viewers of Louie) saw that ending coming in like, Season 2, but I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes next year. I really appreciated the role of the doctor in the building - can't remember his name - "Now, I'm not entirely sure what your name is, but you really are a classic idiot." 

The only problem I really had was the six-part "Elevator" episode. It was good, of course (has there been a bad episode of this show?) but it just felt like it dragged on to me. 

I did really enjoy "In the Woods."