PO: Inception [soundtrack] LP /1000 on clear vinyl

i've bought from importcds before without issue. great amazon seller (as is Marvelio)

This place is strange, and their order status system is a joke. Ordered Sparta and Interstellar presale, with 2 other items. They sent the two other items and have refused to answer my contacts regarding Wiretap and Interstellar. When i ordered Sparta it was $22, now it's $34.

Received the package in Europe from amazon.com today and they sent me The Dark Knight instead (record mailer and the packing slip had The Inception data). The Dark Knight sleeve had a 2 inch razor blade cut on the sleeve, this is not the first time something like this has happened to me. 

I can see that many stores carry The Dark Knight in Europe but where is The Inception?

Wow, what a huge fail from amazon (or rather a marketplace seller?). Sorry to hear, pal.

Don't really think this'll help but at least you got a decent sounding record out of this,

because from what I've heard on my friend's setup, the repress sounds like total crap. Especially the B side.

I was quite baffled actually. Additionally since current impressions vary so much, cause from what I've heard,

it seems that this will be my worst sounding record so far. (only listened to his copy, haven't spun mine yet).

Well anyway, this won't help you really if it's just for collecting purposes, I guess.

I just checked amazon.de, seems like hhv's amazon marketplace shop has three in stock. For 34,29€ though... yikes.

Wow, what a huge fail from amazon (or rather a marketplace seller?). Sorry to hear, pal.

Don't really think this'll help but at least you got a decent sounding record out of this,

because from what I've heard on my friend's setup, the repress sounds like total crap. Especially the B side.

I was quite baffled actually. Additionally since current impressions vary so much, cause from what I've heard,

it seems that this will be my worst sounding record so far. (only listened to his copy, haven't spun mine yet).

Well anyway, this won't help you really if it's just for collecting purposes, I guess.

I just checked amazon.de, seems like hhv's amazon marketplace shop has three in stock. For 34,29€ though... yikes.

What is your setup?  Mine has a little bit of surface noise, but sounds excellent overall. The B side in particular.

What is your setup?  Mine has a little bit of surface noise, but sounds excellent overall. The B side in particular.

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit w/ Ortofon 2M Red, Pro-Ject Pre-Amp, a proper AV amplifier (but I forgot the brand) and tower speakers from Teufel.

I totally believe you guys about your records sounding good but from what I've experienced and heard so far it's quite the gamble whether it'll be a decent copy or not.

I wonder how that could even be the case. Maybe some intern at the pressing plant cleaning the master dics only every tenth copy or what? Not that I know whether that's necessary at all.

Enlighten me please.

Looks like I'm one of the luckier ones.

Yes, there is surface noise but it's manageable, even over headphones. I don't come close to the many pops and crackles my pal's copy has but that doesn't change the fact that this repress isn't nearly as good as it should be, considering the complaints on the first pressing and who's involved in making them.

...Good thing we flipped a coin when deciding who gets which copy (we ordered together; I lost and got the one with the small seam split on top)

edit: but as has been mentioned prior, the dynamics on this are totally awesome.

I cleaned mine on an RCM and there noise floor is a little higher than on some of my other, audiophile pressed records, but it's unnoticeable once the music actually starts. There's a little more popping than on some of my other records too, but that's probably just a result of the dust that has accumulated on the surface and my guess would be that it has nothing to do with the actual pressing. It really makes me wanna get a Zerostat gun though...

And whoever said killer dynamics...yeah, the range on this thing is HUGE. Overall blown away by how nice it is, especially for 20 bucks. Can't beat that shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...