PO: Inception [soundtrack] LP /1000 on clear vinyl

But how would you be able to tell them apart when looking at em? like when you're in the market to buy a specific pressing. It just seems dumb to make them the same

It's dumb for people jerking off on their OGs. For everyone else it's rather cool.

It's dumb for people jerking off on their OGs. For everyone else it's rather cool.

Oh I'm not complaining about a repress at all. I think it's fucking cool that there are now affordable copies out there. But just would seem more reasonable to make them different is all. In any case, not just Inception.

And no, I don't have an OG copy of this at all.

Kinda sucks when a repress looks exactly the same as previous pressings. They should always be different colors or something to e able to tell them apart

I totally agree with hxcoliver and I totally understand where he's coming from. The intial run of Inception was "Limited to /1000" and now "supposedly" this new press is exactly the same (I don't have this or TDK in yet and can't compare, I also don't have a first press of Inception either) but what I'm trying to say is why wouldn't the labels try to change something on the records, especially Inception, since the first run was advertised as "limited to /1000" I think we all can agree we are excited for the represses, but at this point are they really "represses" if everything is exactly the same or should it just be considered that Warner just "pressed" more? I am really curious if there is a 2015 date anywhere on the back of the jackets.

Just got this in, listening now after a clean and it is flawless. Whatever issues were on the first press are clearly not here. This sounds huge and there's no surface noise or skips.

So all the people complaining about it being identical to the first press can quiet down. If your copy sounds like crap, it's a first press. If it sounds great, it's a second press.

Problem solved.