The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Agreed, or there should just be 2 seperate threads if its that big of a deal.

I usually read the comic spoilers but its always nice to not just blatantly see it if i dont want it.

I guess this. I'm not too worried about it personally but I certainly understand the issue I suppose I'd side with Lewbowski for the sake of courtesy and because Albie is particularly bad at logic.  For what it is worth the reason the thread was started was for the show. 

"Series premiere tonight on AMC.. anyone excited?

I'll watch, but unless I'm blown away I'll probably lose interest in the coming weeks. "

The drunk guy is gonna leave the vinyl forum that discusses a tv show but doesn't want u discussing its book form and waits years later to address the problem. Have 2 threads/input spoiler alerts. I'm all for it. Can't wait for the next two eps!

Separate but equal. I see. Racist.

Who cares?

I arbitrarily suggest this system (since people are so worked up about it):

• If it's about the show, it's not spoilers.  The format we've been following thus far assumes everyone is up to date on the show, continue as such.  Ideally the thread title would be edited to indicate as such.
  • If it's about the comics it's spoilers (i.e. use the tag to flip that awesome little button).  Reasoning:  Many of us have not read the comics, but intend to, so there are spoilers for the comic.  The comics have progressed way further ahead than the show, so there are potential spoilers for the show.  And even in situations where we are discussing the differences, it's very possible that they take something out of the timeline of the comic and enter it into the show at a later date, so there is the potential for show spoilers even in comics "from the past".

Example:

Hey that episode sucked because it was different than the comics:

buddy didn't kill that one zombie, other buddy did! /outrage

Two threads is idiocy.  In which thread do I compare the show to the comics?  If I put it in the show thread, the non-readers will bitch.  If I put it in the comics thread, the non-watchers will bitch (if there are any).  Do we make a third topic for comparisons?

Well I see two options for me. 1) people use spoilers to talk about the comics or 2) I print the thread out and hire someone to go over it and black out any comic talk that contains information not revealed in the show.

Which of those seems more logical?

It seems it's going to be unfair either way. If it goes in the suggested direction; those who read the comics don't get to discuss without having to resort to tags. I don't know; I'm trying to figure out how to word it properly without sounding snobby, but if there are folks out there who took the time to dig into all of the facets of the franchise, why should they have to silence themselves for those who don't?

no offense to anyone involved, but i'm going to just keep posting like i have been. no major/minor plot spoilers, but i'm not putting every single thing related to the comics in spoilers. that's just ridiculous, because like i've said before, they're intrinsically linked.

i'm sorry, but if you don't like running the risk of potentially finding out superficial, non-plot related things that happened in the comics years ago, you don't have to read this thread.

Well I see two options for me. 1) people use spoilers to talk about the comics or 2) I print the thread out and hire someone to go over it and black out any comic talk that contains information not revealed in the show.

Which of those seems more logical?

if you will pay me for said service, i vote option 2.

addendum: i agree that posting potential future spoilers from the comics under a 'spoilers' tag is considerate and should be done. however, i disagree that bringing up some detail/event from the comics that has already been passed on the show without a mention should also be kept to just a 'spoilers' post, too. if you're so concerned about every tiny potential spoiler, perhaps you should consider reading the comics. although that would potentially spoil the show for you because then you'd know what we know. it's a catch-22. but trust me, knowing what happens in the comics does nothing to ruin the suspense of the show for me, and shouldn't for anyone else, because they've twisted the plot around so much.

As someone who religiously watches the shows and as of right now has no intention to read the comics due to sheer laziness, I have never had any qualms with spoilers and comparisons being posted. Even within the spoilers tags, which are surely appreciated by some.

I do like when those who have read the comics and are up to date, throw up the comparisons of something that happened in the show differently. Hell, even when upcoming events may or may not happen in the show.

i'm posting right now from work, which uses an insanely outdated explorer browser, and i literally cannot read anything under a spoilers tag. when i click it, it doesn't expand. i obviously don't have that problem when posting at home, but there's that.

Is that also why you write everything out in lower caps with complete disregard to capitalizing "I" and any word at the beginning of a sentence?!?! EXCUSES!!!

:P

i'm posting right now from work, which uses an insanely outdated explorer browser, and i literally cannot read anything under a spoilers tag. when i click it, it doesn't expand. i obviously don't have that problem when posting at home, but there's that.

what, so you can't read this?

as for the show/comic spoiler discussion, spoiler tags aren't really that difficult to use, so I don't see why there's a problem.  and having two threads seems kinda silly, especially since the only time anyone ever seems to talk about the comic is when they're saying "oh, I wonder when/how the show is gonna do [something]!"

also (comic and video game spoiler)

I want cannibals!  saw them in the game before I read about it in the comic, and that stuff was kinda creepy... "how do you have so much meat yet only have one cow...?  and where did that dude in the baseball hat go?"

(note: if you didn't know, the "the walking dead" video game is completely independent of the show/comic (you meet glenn, but whatever), so reading video game spoilers only ruins the game)