The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I read an article that the show almost didn't get renewed after the first season, even though it was their most popular show. It is very costly to film. Obviously with the viewers growing it won't get cancelled. It also might be quick to get the hook when it eventually (as all shows do) runs its course.

i called morgan as soon as i saw the preview for this episode.

also, a great episode, maybe the best.

i want a whole season of driving around and seeing how different people cope with "the walking dead".

also i think season 4 will totally break away from the comic.

lastly, Hardwick needs to take over Late Night when Fallon moves on.  him or Kevin Pererra.

awesome episode that I totally didn't see coming.  morgan's setup in the town seems pretty unbelievable -- the traps and spikes are one thing, the overhead cables for traversing above ground seem a bit much for one dude to do on his own -- but I'll accept it for now.   and, yes, I realize that complaining about the believability of something in a show about the zombie apocalypse is silly, but whatever.  anyhoo, michonne finally got to be "michonne" in this episode, so that made me happy.

in related news, resident evil: afterlife is on tv.  how long until milla jovovich makes a cameo on the walking dead?!?  she could be like the white michonne :)

Man, the Morgan thing took a way different turn than I thought it would. Of course, in the original, they find Morgan and bring him back to DC, not the prison like they were trying to do here. This was a great episode

With as quickly as they're moving, I really can't imagine them dealing with the Governor past this season's end.

Man, the Morgan thing took a way different turn than I thought it would. Of course, in the original, they find Morgan and bring him back to DC, not the prison like they were trying to do here. This was a great episode

With as quickly as they're moving, I really can't imagine them dealing with the Governor past this season's end.

I kind of disagree with this, seeing as this entire episode we didn't see Woodbury/The Governor/anyone besides Rick, Carl and Michonne.. they could stretch it forever this way.

I kind of disagree with this, seeing as this entire episode we didn't see Woodbury/The Governor/anyone besides Rick, Carl and Michonne.. they could stretch it forever this way.

this season is longer than season 2.  i believe 16 episodes total, so with 4 to go i could definitely see enough time to end that arc.  i think the only way to end this season is with the war and most likely the death of the governor.

They do tend to move quick when they decide to put their mind to it though. I'm interested to see what the new showrunner, Scott Gimple, does with the show. He has the credited writer for some of the better ones in the series including 18 Miles Out and the episode we got last night. Last night was great, nice to see Michonne getting a little more dimension. 

No Andrea as well!

That was nice to see what an episode written by the new showrunner, Scott Gimple, looks like.  From a character perspective I'm really glad this episode took place.  We needed to get Rick & Carl on board with Michonne and apparently they like and trust one another now.  Rick really needed to hear from someone else who was having mental issues.  He needs to know that it's ok to be a little crazy sometimes but when you need to get it together, you can, and there's folks around to help.  So let's go kill the Governor, mmmmkay?

Theory:  I think it would be pretty cool if Morgan would finally pull himself together by the end of the season when Rick and the Governor and going head to head.  Then out of nowhere he shows up to save the day and sacrifices himself in the process.  He could help his old friend and go out in a blaze of glory.  At this point it's probably the best he can do since he lost his wife & son.

edit:  Lol @ jeffersonhowell.  Seems like we think alike!  Cheers!

Just watched. Michone actually had one episode where she was likeable! And Carl went back to his usual habit of doing exactly the opposite of whatever he is told.

It's a little weird to have Rick seeming totally lucid but still admitting to being kinda crazy and seeing things. I don't really know if there is anything there. Probably see in the next couple episodes which way he goes. Hoping he just comes back to normal.

best episode ive seen yet.  the acting was just awesome, the scene with Rick and morgan? talking in the room after getting stabbed was probably one of the best acted scenes in the show so far. 

Yeah, i liked that this episode was a little different than the norm and answered the questions regarding Morgan and Duane. i like that, it seems, Rick is starting to trust Michonne. She's one of my favorite characters.