fuck privileged kids who are paypal claim happy

i dont know if ianik charest from montreal posts here or not, but if he does he is a turd and i wish terrible things upon him.

and he is not the first person (and i doubt he will be the last) to get upset over a package not arriving in a timely manner and filing a paypal claim even if i can produce a tracking number and reciept, etc.

This dude ordered a large package for a decent amount of money 3 weeks ago from canada, and i shipped it out. He has ordered multiple things from me in the past, and they have all showed up no problems. so he knows im not ripping him off. This last package hasnt arrived yet, and he asks me for a tracking number. Which i give to him along with offering pictures of the customs reciept and payment reciept, etc in case there is any question about me being honest and shipping it out. he says thanks for the tracking info and immediately files a paypal claim, who remove the money from my account to give back to him.

i try to be nice in emails to ask why, and what else he needs from me, or what else can i do? and he says

"i need my record or my money"

he also tells me that those records are on his wantlist, and one way or another he is getting his money or his records. "i need these records to fill my wantlist"

even though he agrees i did everything right, and that its the post office's fault for losing the package (which to be fair, it hasnt been long enough to consider it "lost", just delayed), he says that since he cant do anything about it to the post office, he will take his money back from me. no matter what i say to him, he just keeps repeating that he is not upset with me personally, and is upset with the usps, but regardless he is taking his money back since "i need my money or my records" which he repeats over and over.

this dude sucks. as do the other 2 or 3 people who have also similarly been dicks in the past couple months, forcing me to be out a large amount of records in addition to a large sum of money.

what pisses me off the most is that there is never any discussion of trying to work it out, like can you send me another copy of the records? can i get some money off my next order, etc.

Instead paypal claims are filed immediately without notice and they get their money back no questions asked, and move on.

i really wish paypal would amend their rules somehow so people cant exploit this loophole.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinyl Junkie is straight. I got a damaged record not long ago, we worked it out smooth as can be no fuss. I wanted that record but shit happens and he treated me decently once he realized he didn't have another copy.

I sold some tapes recently on eBay, charged the buyer actual shipping to Spain and he has done nothing but claim I overcharged him. It's gotten close to harassment. There are a lot of frustrated anti-social asswipes who have far too little interaction with actual humans to know how to decently deal with a frustrating situation.

Hope this one works out for you.

i havent had to deal with any paypal-claims so far but wait a second, even if the seller has a tracking number for a package the money still goes back to the buyer? i thought as long as the seller has a proof of sending the package hes good.

no paypal does not guarantee the SHIPMENT of the item, but the delivery.

ive actually gotten fucked from IN country stuff where i had delivery confirmation and proved to them i shipped it, but because it wasnt showing up as delivered paypal still took the money out and gave it back to the buyer.

international packages are even worse because you cant even get delivery confirmation, so technically NOTHING you do, even if you get it registered, will show as proof to paypal.

i havent had to deal with any paypal-claims so far but wait a second, even if the seller has a tracking number for a package the money still goes back to the buyer? i thought as long as the seller has a proof of sending the package hes good.

ive actually gotten fucked from IN country stuff where i had delivery confirmation and proved to them i shipped it, but because it wasnt showing up as delivered paypal still took the money out and gave it back to the buyer.

international packages are even worse because you cant even get delivery confirmation, so technically NOTHING you do, even if you get it registered, will show as proof to paypal.

Can you not claim it back from the postal service?

I got fucked over for a bunch of Iron Maiden records and rarities a couple of years ago. Had shipping confirmation and everything, but like you, Paypal refunded the guy.

Luckily for me, I filed a claim with the Royal Mail and was able to get my money back.

Hope it works out for you mate.

I'm gonna be honest, i took a claim out on a guy who apparently sent a record and couldn't prove he sent it, so i got a refund. i was offering to send him half. So neither of us lost out too much. he didn't reply. 2 months later my stuff came in the mail. it was in transit for almost 5 months. i emailed him and sent him a refund. he never responded but i wasn't about to have that hanging over me.

Can you not claim it back from the postal service?

I got fucked over for a bunch of Iron Maiden records and rarities a couple of years ago. Had shipping confirmation and everything, but like you, Paypal refunded the guy.

Luckily for me, I filed a claim with the Royal Mail and was able to get my money back.

Hope it works out for you mate.

no normal first class international mail doesnt come with any kind of money back guarantee. If it gets lost and proven that its lost which can only happen after 90 days, you can file to get your POSTAGE back, but not the cost of the contents at all.

also, paypals rules suck and we all know that. This is just mostly about the people who rather than try to email to work something out first, or whatever, instead go immediately to the paypal claim.

This dude even said multiple times how he isnt upset with me, and he knows i shipped it, and its totally not my fault. but still doesnt make the connection that he is fucking me over by filing the paypal claim, as if the money comes out of some magic fund somewhere, and not my pocket.

I'm still waiting on a Gosling 7" that the guy claimed he was gonna send and sorry for the delay as he hasn't had an order for it in a VERY long time. that was a month after I made the order, and pushing like 2 years now. I have hope! it's sure gonna come.

i don't see how you can have proof of mailing, pictures of receipts and whatever else but paypal still sides with the buyer. it's ridiculous! I feel better not getting something I paid for than ever filing a claim, I don't even care if something takes months, just send that shit. if there's proof of shipment, obviously it's going to eventually show up unless someone stole it along the way. someone in Canada should egg his house ;)

I sold a comic book on e-bay and the guy claimed it arrived damaged (I package things a bit overkill, so I knew there was no way it could've possibly arrived damaged)...I asked for proof of the damage via picture. He responded that he didn't own a camera...I decided to search the guys e-mail address in facebook, found the guy's profile and turns out he owns a photography studio/company...so I sent back a copy of the link to his facebook profile and asked him how the owner of a photography studio/company didn't own a camera...he never responded to my message, or filed a pay-pal claim, or left feedback. Normally I'd say "Over Priviledged Little Bastards" when talking about this sort of thing, but according to this guy's facebook profile he's like mid-thirties as well....

I guess what I'm trying to say is...what's wrong with people y'all?? Why do people feel so entitled to ripping people off???

Bottom line is this:

If a seller is talking to you or trying to help you sort out where a package is and you file a claim at any point other than the day before the deadline, you are a shithead.

If that package gets delivered and he doesn't pay you that money, everyone on this board and every other vinyl board should blacklist that kid. That is total dick.

On a related note, every bit of business I have done with vinyljunkiedistro has been really awesome. I just got a package today in fact. Thank you, man.

Happy to say I've only ever filed one claim. It was a week ago and got cancelled a few minutes ago when I finally heard from the guy. Seemed sincere so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I felt shitty but in the right when I filed the claim. I want the item more than my sixteen bucks, which is why I bought it. Glad to see it's probably gonna work out. The kid this thread is about should not be allowed to use paypal. That's complete abuse of the system.