Any comic book readers?

waiting impatiently for this trade

Right there with you. Money has been tight, so I've been picking up #1s to see if there's something I like, then waiting for the trades and picking them up from InStockTrades. The wait sucks, though! Luckily I'm still picking up my older books monthly.

I think right now I'm waiting on Sex Criminals, Black Science, Manifest Destiny, and Secret. If I remember correctly, Secret #1 came out in 2012! Delays suck...

I gave Chew Vol2 a shot and can't get into the series. The used bookstore downstairs has Volume 3 for $6.50 and I passed on it. I'm done. 

I need to track down Volume 2 of Locke & Key. 

Alison - it might be too young but the Owly books are for younger audiences. Also 60s & 70s Batman books have some great reads without all the graphic violence. 

Anybody into The Manhattan Projects? I bought the first trade and was moderately interested. Is it worth continuing?

By far one of my favorite books. I don't think Hickman can write a book I wouldn't love.

Definitely recommend following it via trades, though. I pick it up monthly, and it gets pretty hard to keep track of what exactly is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently WGN is working on a Scalped TV show? : http://www.avclub.com/article/wgn-making-its-own-dc-comics-show-203440

Scalped seems like it would work fairly well as a series, but WGN doing it makes me have many doubts.  I could be wrong and I'll give it a shot, but it seems like it would fit more comfortably on FX or HBO.

I'm new to comics but really open to recommendations. I love batman and have read most of the gems from that now (returns,year one,long halloween,killing joke, mad love) as well as the new 52 batman and loved the court of owls, so i just got death of the family. 

I'm also reading days of future past, the adventure time comics, and fables. 

I'm new to comics but really open to recommendations. I love batman and have read most of the gems from that now (returns,year one,long halloween,killing joke, mad love) as well as the new 52 batman and loved the court of owls, so i just got death of the family. 

I'm also reading days of future past, the adventure time comics, and fables. 

Saga is the greatest comic out right now. Hands down. If you like Star Wars and sic-fi you'll love it. Sex Criminals is new but fantastic so far. Really funny and smartly written. I also love Swamp Thing.

Saga is the greatest comic out right now. Hands down. If you like Star Wars and sic-fi you'll love it. Sex Criminals is new but fantastic so far. Really funny and smartly written. I also love Swamp Thing.

I've only read the first Saga trade but that wasn't enough for me to seek out more.

If you've been digging the New 52 Batman look into more Scott Snyder stuff, he's done a lot of rad things at this point.

His run on Swamp Thing (new 52 0-18) was amazing and by 20 the new author had found his place and that series kept cranking out great arcs.

American Vampire is on its way back and the first few trades are out - all really damn good. It's a historical vampire series that starts in the wild west and works its way through all kinds of places.

The Wake is a 10 issue mini-series that'll be ending really soon that he wrote that has been pretty rad, its horror / sci-fi series about monsters that are found while working on a deep sea oil rig.

If you liked Court of Owls there was a short lived spin-off series called Talon that was really good for the first 8 issues or so? worth a trade at least.

I've also been reading and enjoying the above mentioned: Sex Criminals as well as; Pretty Deadly, The Manhattan Project, Ten Grand, and Luther Strode 

I just picked up Spaceman. 

I know nothing about it but I saw Azzerello / Risso on the cover and decided to give it a shot. I'll report back soon. 

Still haven't seen Cap yet. I love that run with Winter Soldier so it's a bit of a bummer to still be waiting. 

Saga: I read the first book but nothing about it made me run to the 2nd. I'm waiting to see it used and grab it then. 

I just picked up Spaceman. 

I know nothing about it but I saw Azzerello / Risso on the cover and decided to give it a shot. I'll report back soon. 

Still haven't seen Cap yet. I love that run with Winter Soldier so it's a bit of a bummer to still be waiting. 

Saga: I read the first book but nothing about it made me run to the 2nd. I'm waiting to see it used and grab it then. 

I have been waiting for two weeks to see it with the girlfriend. Went to see it last night and I was so exhausted from work I slept through most of it. Might just go after work today. Is winter solider run good place to start with cap?

I've only read the first Saga trade but that wasn't enough for me to seek out more.

If you've been digging the New 52 Batman look into more Scott Snyder stuff, he's done a lot of rad things at this point.

His run on Swamp Thing (new 52 0-18) was amazing and by 20 the new author had found his place and that series kept cranking out great arcs.

American Vampire is on its way back and the first few trades are out - all really damn good. It's a historical vampire series that starts in the wild west and works its way through all kinds of places.

The Wake is a 10 issue mini-series that'll be ending really soon that he wrote that has been pretty rad, its horror / sci-fi series about monsters that are found while working on a deep sea oil rig.

If you liked Court of Owls there was a short lived spin-off series called Talon that was really good for the first 8 issues or so? worth a trade at least.

I've also been reading and enjoying the above mentioned: Sex Criminals as well as; Pretty Deadly, The Manhattan Project, Ten Grand, and Luther Strode 

Snyder is awesome! Ill have to check out american vampire. I've been reading old tales from crypt comics too and rewatching the old show. (How did my parents let me watch that as a kid?)

I have been waiting for two weeks to see it with the girlfriend. Went to see it last night and I was so exhausted from work I slept through most of it. Might just go after work today. Is winter solider run good place to start with cap?

Yes because it is the start of the Brubaker run on CA. I have never been a fan of the good Captain until I got hooked on this incarnation. It made the older stuff a lot more interesting to me as well. Steve Rogers is a great comic book character.