Things you regret selling/trading away

mrc

I wouldn't really call it a mistake, but it was my first vinyl i bought. Underoath's "They're Only Chasing Safety" on gold. I had no idea how rare it was when i got it, but i loved it. Then I wasn't really a fan of underoath any longer and put it up on ebay. I kind of regret giving it away, but eh, I grew out of them.

NOFX - So Long on pink.

Not a big deal, but probably my favorite NOFX LP for various reasons and I needed the money. I also sold a ton of colored fat wreck shit about 6 or 7 years ago (college and bills) that I wish I still had. Strung out live in a dive, rise against - rpm, against me, etc...

Oh well, shit happens, I've got the mp3s and there are black copies floating around for most of the stuff I've sold.

You poor thing. :(

I'm being 150% sincere right now.

times were so tough/bad like you wouldn't believed. I literally hugged it right before I packaged it.

I believe it! Shit would have to REALLY hit the fan for me to lose my copy! lol. Sorry you had to sell it. I'm sure someday, the time and finances will be right for you to re-acquire it. :)

not an LP, but I bought a CD, Celldweller's self-titled EP, limited to 250, numbered, signed, all that jazz.

Cost me like $125 or something. Later a guy offered me $250 for it, I couldn't pass it up as I was hurting for cash at the time. Ended up that it got lost/stolen in the mail (actually, he paid for tracking and it never made it to the other side), so neither of us ended up with it, thank God for insurance, at least I didn't loose money on the deal.

A while ago I snagged a deal and bought it for $100.... except that the guy pulled one on me and I never got it, and I never got my money back =/

I'm a little off but:

A couple months ago, I put my copy of Nirvana's "Bleach" on pink vinyl and a couple of live bootlegs that I bought back in the 90's up on eBay because I was hard up for cash. They were a couple of the first records I had ever purchased and they had some sentimental value to me. As soon as I put them up I felt terrible about it. I couldn't stop thinking about them and I started to get bummed out so the next day before any bids came in, I ended them. My sanity was worth more than the money they would have brought in. For the next week or so, I ate some of the best tasting Ramen noodles I've ever had.

In the late 80s I was hurting for food and/or rent money at one point and sold both minor threat EPs (along with some other garbage I didn't care about) to some dude at a discount rate because I just needed the money. I didn't even like this guy so it made it that much worse and I regretted it for years until I managed to trade him some shitty bootleg Bad Religion CDs for them back in the mid/late 90s and feel ok again :)

I don't think there are any records I regret selling, but there are a ton of things I regret not buying in stores when I had the chance. Like a copy of Latterman's We Are Still Alive and a shit ton of Shorebirds 7 inches.

latterman and shorebirds got repressed by No Idea recently if you didn't know man!