Third Eye Blind - S/T

I think what's kind of funny about this whole thing is that people are forgetting that pressing a vinyl record is expensive and that most times people don't make that much or any money from pressing a record... to say there sitting on a pile of cash is laughable... lets not forget that most people don't buy vinyl this is a nitch thing..just because we all love it doesn't mean 10s of 1,000s of people would shell out money for this record.

Also, you are making the assumption that vinyl purchases after solid year(s) of selling well is a *niche thing, along with downplaying/comparing to Led Zeppelin and "The F'n Beedles" is a joke. This album would definitely sell.

Also, you are making the assumption that vinyl purchases after solid year(s) of selling well is a *niche thing, along with downplaying/comparing to Led Zeppelin and "The F'n Beedles" is a joke. This album would definitely sell.

I don't doubt that it would sell, it's a fantastic album that's aged well... being born in 1987 it's an album that's really near and dear to my heart, but I just don't see it selling to the point that some people think it would. I think if there was a pressing of 10,000 it would sell pretty well but it'd become an album you'd pretty easily be able to get and wouldn't go out of print in a short amount of time.  I am not saying the band is niche I am saying Vinyl is, most people don't buy or listen to vinyl thats why I just can't see it selling like hot cakes.

^^^ I blame this dickweed.

Wow.

Let's all take a step back.

Bringing this topic back into the limelight allows more people to be aware of it and take action, like tweeting the band with demand for it. Also, if anyone close to the band reads these forums Maybe they will bring it to the band's attention. Sure they know people want it but being constantly reminded can only help.

Name calling only serves to make you look dumb.

No, I was saying that "Vinyl" is not a niche market, not that the band "3EB" is a niche band. I think the fact that we have fairly successful RSD's every year (for 5 years now) shows that vinyl is pretty popular being that it is what is most produced for RSD.

And if anything is a "niche band/release" I would say would be Brand New's "Deja Entendu", personally I think that 3EB's "S/T" appeals to a wider base.

But you're right cfrance5, there should be represses of albums and give fans chances to get their favorite albums.