MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

ugh you guys are missing the point though it's bad fucking business we all know we're getting it and some of us are more impatient than others.. hell i haven't contacted the guy once about it cause i got other shit going on but the point is yeah it's gonna come eventually and i don't think he's fucking us over but for me i just don't think it's right to let any business regardless of product sit there and keep doing this the only way for change is to speak up...

i think we can all agree that the person farthest from relaxed is birdwell.

well. nips, i suppose.

but still. :)

I'll tell you what it really is. I'll lay it out for you.

When I see this thread bumped, I check it because I ordered this product....and everytime I check the thread, it's just another person whining and complaining because it's running behind schedule. I honestly, had no clue when his projected release date was when i ordered it....and I honestly, didn't give a shit. I also pre-ordered a Glossary album that was supposed to come out months ago that I had forgotten about, and stumbled upon the e-mail in my inbox...I had to e-mail them and change my address because i've moved since that record was supposed to be out....I didn't even inquire when it would be out...cuz I don't care.

Long-Story short, it bums me out. I'm sure if R.J. isn't communicating with you over this release, it's probably because he's a bit ashamed and embarrassed that it's running this far behind schedule...the dude's not a monster, he's not going to run off with your money. Also, he's kind of done this with just about every release thus far...so "having your voice be heard" and thinking that's going to change his way of putting out records is a bit far fetched....If I had to make a guess, he probably has to run every little bit of his releases by whatever corporation he's licensing this from, possibly the band, and himself to make sure everything jives, so he doesn't end up like Enjoy The Ride where the band he's releasing the records for end up blasting his ass because they had no say in the process.

I'm selfish for not wanting to have to check this thread until there's some form of an update.

You're (collectively) selfish for only caring about why this isn't immediately in your hands or why R.J. isn't bending over backwards to stroke your ego and put your pretty little mind at ease.

I realize a simple mass-email or a post in this thread or his facebook page concerning this isn't really a lot to ask....but for everybody to consistently bitch and whine about it, just get's really really really old.

So you speak your mind on the message board blasting R.J. and I'm going to speak my mind on the message board blasting the blasters and then you blast me for blasting you blasting him....it's the internet, it's a vicious cycle of stupidity.

for me, what it comes down to is, I'm currently unemployed and bored....

nothing productive is happening in this thread. its been the same stuff for 6 or so pages.

bad business blah blah blah

Youll get it eventually blah blah blah

no updates etc

i think this thread should be locked until someone gets an update

that'd be rad

fair enough.

I vow to not post in this thread until it's updated with news or info.

I'm sure if R.J. isn't communicating with you over this release, it's probably because he's a bit ashamed and embarrassed that it's running this far behind schedule...the dude's not a monster, he's not going to run off with your money. Also, he's kind of done this with just about every release thus far...so "having your voice be heard" and thinking that's going to change his way of putting out records is a bit far fetched....If I had to make a guess, he probably has to run every little bit of his releases by whatever corporation he's licensing this from, possibly the band, and himself to make sure everything jives, so he doesn't end up like Enjoy The Ride where the band he's releasing the records for end up blasting his ass because they had no say in the process.

You're (collectively) selfish for only caring about why this isn't immediately in your hands

I doubt RJ is embarassed at all. The only reason he can run this far behind schedule is because of the band he's releasing. Yes he's probably going to do a good job with the release, but things like picking out the packaging and running things by the band/record label etc should have been done before the preorder. Picking out the packaging doesn't cost money so you can't say he needs $$ to pick it out. The last update made it sound like he picked out the packaging the week the album was supposed to be released.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I feel bad for any smaller band that signs to his label because I for one know I won't be buying anything from him outside of these represses due to his shitty business.

Over the past 5 years, I've learned a lot (and continue to learn) about what it means and what it takes to run a small business, not to mention a record label. This experience has opened my eyes to certain issues that I need to address and work on fixing for future releases. I promise you that these issues WILL BE fixed, and the situation we've been in with this release WILL NOT happen again, as long as things are under my control.

If you want to talk to me directly about your thoughts or issues with this release, please e-mail me: [email protected]

PS I don't really give a fuck when this shows up, but when you put your word out there, be a man and live up to it. If you're going to say one thing and do another, that's just shitty business. If it's going to be a regular thing, tell people to fuck off and do it your way, but don't just act like it's something new with every re-release...

All I'm gonna say is they're evidently failures at customer service and greedy assholes. We've known that for a long time, but we're quite entitled to continue bitching about it, so stop telling everyone complaining to stop. They've given someone their money to get a product by a certain date, and they company is way behind their promised date. They need to get their fucking act together. If they're too busy to sort things on time regularly, they need to cut parts of their business and sort it out.

i find it so odd when people get so upset about a punk rock record label being "bad businessmen" or have "poor customer service." this isn't fucking best buy, it's one dude putting out some records.

i cannot imagine what you would do back in the 90s when you were ordering out of MRR or whatever.

Punk rock ay?

Also it's 2011, take your dumbass analogy and shove it up your butt.

http://mtsrecords.com/blog/2011/10/03/blink-182-take-off-your-pants-and-jacket-lp7-jacket-sample/

We are in full production with the blink-182 “Take Off Your Pants And Jacket” vinyl re-issue, after a couple hick-ups with the LP jacket. Pictures of the jacket sample (mocked up with random 7″s and 12″) can be seen below.

Image #1: http://mtsrecords.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/toypaj11.jpg

The jacket is fully closed and is how it will look slipped into a polybag.

Image #2: http://mtsrecords.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/toypaj21.jpg

The jacket’s left-most flap is open, revealing the first bonus 7″ slot.

Image #3: http://mtsrecords.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/toypaj4.jpg

The jacket’s right-most flap is open, revealing the entire inside of the jacket, including the two other bonus 7″ slots. The innersleeve/LP can be seen 3/4 inside its slot on the far right.

i find it so odd when people get so upset about a punk rock record label being "bad businessmen" or have "poor customer service." this isn't fucking best buy, it's one dude putting out some records.

i cannot imagine what you would do back in the 90s when you were ordering out of MRR or whatever.

Yeah, but we're also not buying a $4 Chain of Strength 7", one dude or not this is a huge major label release he licensed that some of us paid quite a bit for. I would also like to point out that a lot of the old indie labels that did mailorder back in the day have now completely stepped their game up and make full use of the world of email, social networking and delivery confirmation.

Furthermore I just can't buy this "one dude" argument when you have labels like Broken Circles who do almost the same thing (some bigger licensed releases along with original signings) who have no problem getting their records into peoples hands on time or if not updating them every step of the way.

Hello!

I am writing to update you on the progress of blink-182's "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket" LP and bonus 7"s, and greatly apologize for the delay in updates. We have been waiting for a solid update from the pressing plant, and I wanted to avoid giving out wrong information which could potentially further frustrate you with this situation.

Since my last e-mail to you, I am happy to announce that we have found the correct jacket that will house the bonus 7"s beautifully (if you purchased them) and will appear non-intrusive to flow of the jacket itself (if you didn't opt for the 7"s). You can view pictures of the sample jacket (white) here, and we put in some random 7"s and an LP innersleeve to show you how they will fit in with the overall package. That being said, both vinyl and print are in full production, and I've asked for pictures to be sent to us as soon as possible so we can share the progress with you and keep you updated every time we get news in. As soon as we have a confirmed ship date, I will send you another e-mail letting you know what that date is, so you have a rough idea when you'll be receiving your package in the mail (given your proximity to our office in Brooklyn, NY).

I know that you are frustrated by the situation, and that rumors have been flying around that the release has been canceled. I want to assure you 100% that this release HAS NOT been canceled. You will be receiving exactly what you ordered, as soon as we can get the manufacturing finished up and the record out the door. Over the course of our 5+ years as a record label, from my college dorm room to a small office in Brooklyn, NY, we have not once put up a record for pre-order that we haven't followed through with and gotten out to those who ordered. This situation is no different, and I promise that you will receive this release, and will be stoked on the record and packaging as a whole. A lot of time and energy has been put into making this re-issue the best it can be, and I hope you, as a collector, can appreciate that.

If for some reason you don't want to wait any longer to receive this record, please e-mail me directly ([email protected]) and I will send you a refund. Hopefully this isn't the case, but I know waiting is often frustrating. If you choose to wait, I am confident you will be happy you did. If you have e-mailed me prior to this update, you will receive a response from me by 10 PM EST tonight (October 3rd, 2011).

Next update will come next Monday (October 10th, 2011), and will include a digital mock-up of the actual LP and 7" layout, along with (fingers crossed) an estimated ship date from the pressing plant. Please be sure to keep an eye out in your inbox.

Thank you so much,
RJ

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57818

go visit that thread if you think RJ is a bad business man and has horrible customer service

when you drop that kind of cash and get no communication and no chance that you're going to see your product or get your money back, then you can piss and moan for as long as you like

that's not the deal here, everybody get their precious little undies out of the knot they're bunched up in and remove the sandy remains of the beach from your genitalia

go visit that thread if you think RJ is a bad business man and has horrible customer service

when you drop that kind of cash and get no communication and no chance that you're going to see your product or get your money back, then you can piss and moan for as long as you like

that's not the deal here, everybody get their precious little undies out of the knot they're bunched up in and remove the sandy remains of the beach from your genitalia

so...because that guy is the complete worst, and MTS isn't, it gives MTS an excuse? Your post makes no sense. And this is coming from someone who hasn't complained once about the delay in this record. I want my copy, but I really don't care how long it takes, and I know it will eventually come and that RJ is not a scamming dude.

One thing I will bitch about though is my god damn mug from the No Sleep Records subscription I bought. I just want my mug! Hahah

so...because that guy is the complete worst, and MTS isn't, it gives MTS an excuse? Your post makes no sense. And this is coming from someone who hasn't complained once about the delay in this record. I want my copy, but I really don't care how long it takes, and I know it will eventually come and that RJ is not a scamming dude.

One thing I will bitch about though is my god damn mug from the No Sleep Records subscription I bought. I just want my mug! Hahah

MugMugMug