new tattoo appresh

Finally decided on my first tattoo 0m5FXzI.jpg

its a redone version of my mom's families crest. Now to just work up the courage to get it (I'm petrified of needles)

I am also petrified of needles. I got my first tattoo done last winter and now have a few. It is a much different experience from a syringe. The tattoo machine doesn't cause too much psychological stress in my opinion. The only thing that was a bit nerve wrecking from my personal experience was the application on the area being similar to preparing for bloodwork or an injection. Just make conversation with your artist, bring a friend or significant other and if it really bothers you, don't look. It doesn't feel great by any means, but the shading and color can be relaxing (depending on the area). Everyone has different experiences and some artists have heavier hands than others. All in and all you will be fine.

I am also petrified of needles. I got my first tattoo done last winter and now have a few. It is a much different experience from a syringe. The tattoo machine doesn't cause too much psychological stress in my opinion. The only thing that was a bit nerve wrecking from my personal experience was the application on the area being similar to preparing for bloodwork or an injection. Just make conversation with your artist, bring a friend or significant other and if it really bothers you, don't look. It doesn't feel great by any means, but the shading and color can be relaxing (depending on the area). Everyone has different experiences and some artists have heavier hands than others. All in and all you will be fine.

Good to know, thanks man

Hey guys

All you heads with sleeve tattoos, wondering if you wouldnt mind indulging on average cost?

I have my consult saturday and I know where I want to go with it, so I suppose its a matter of what it will look like color vs black and white etc etc

Any feedback would be appreicated for this tattoo new jack

Thanks

Hey guys

All you heads with sleeve tattoos, wondering if you wouldnt mind indulging on average cost?

I have my consult saturday and I know where I want to go with it, so I suppose its a matter of what it will look like color vs black and white etc etc

Thanks

Half sleeve, color - somewhere around $1,000ish pre-tip.

Hey guys

Thanks

Depends on where you are. In some places a sleeve that takes 16 hours could cost you over $3000

latest tattoo, meh pic, done by Kim (@bunnymachine) at Classic Tattoo in RVA

"the only girl I ever loved was born with roses in her eyes"

1922122_1513872848825306_1900639021_n.jp

I love love love love this tattoo. I wanted to do something like this for a long time and I think I still will. It looks so awesome. 

Depends on where you are. In some places a sleeve that takes 16 hours could cost you over $3000

Also this ^^

You should find an artist you like, see what they charge per hour and go from there. You can estimate that a half sleeve/sleeve will take probably between 10 and 18 hours x whatever your person charges.

I love love love love this tattoo. I wanted to do something like this for a long time and I think I still will. It looks so awesome. 

Thanks!!!!!!!  Please get it I would love to see what you come up with.  I emailed my artist and pretty much sent her the song and said "I want a girl with roses in her eyes" and I trusted her to do the rest.

She's doing the same for the second part of the sleeve, which is guessable if you know the song, but I'm not posting a picture (of inspiration ) until I get it in 9 days.

Also my artist charges like $150 - 180 an hour, doesn't seem to punch the clock, and doesn't talk a lot so she is fast.  Each tattoo from her has cost me around $200 and because she is done so fast I end up tipping 50% (that's what I go in expecting ).

Hey guys

Thanks

Too many factors. Do they charge by the hour or the piece? Is your guy fast or slow? Established artist or young buck? Big city or small town? The bottom line is that I wouldn't worry about cost---I would worry about quality.

Color vs. black and grey should not matter when it comes to anything other than your preference.

My go to artist currently charges $180/hr and is worth every penny. My half sleeve was over 2K but it was done in the tebori tradition and took twenty-three hours to complete.  

Also this ^^

You should find an artist you like, see what they charge per hour and go from there. You can estimate that a half sleeve/sleeve will take probably between 10 and 18 hours x whatever your person charges.

If someone told me that they take that long to complete a sleeve---I would find someone else. That's a really long time and definitely reflects experience or lack of. 

If someone told me that they take that long to complete a sleeve---I would find someone else. That's a really long time and definitely reflects experience or lack of.

Yeah it's not like it's permanent or anything, find the quickest person possible to get the cheapest price