Smashing Pumpkins

Ugh, so bummed out that I've gotta pay that full price. -_- Well in any case, I pre-ordered it on Amazon US for $73.99 in hopes that it might fluctuate to an (even slightly) cheaper price before release date. Hopefully somewhere else will put it up for a good price again that won't cancel it.

I am a big fan of theirs, but this is what pisses me off about Amazon because its happened to me on several "pre-order" or "item available" occasions.

Your "pre-order" can be cancelled by them at any time, even months after you think you'll get a copy, and Amazon gets to wipe their hands clean of any remorse or responsibility because they didn't take your money! However, it sucks because people believe they have a copy coming to them. When Amazon cancels it, the only step left is to get a copy by paying whatever price it is now, which may in fact be higher than the original pre-order price. In essence you lose out on other opportunities for a bargain because you're gambling that there's one waiting for you through Amazon.

Therefore their pre-order is bullshit. You are not guaranteed to receive a pre-order product through Amazon. Ever.

The .ca price was a bargain, which is why I took interest. No way I'm paying $74 for it.

Why would you cancel other pre-orders

They dont charge you until it ships

I know. But since this preorder was up so long and the price even dropped for a second time there, I was sure it was going through. Plus its kind of hard to keep track of everything and cancel on time (this is not my only pre-order of course, I have stuff coming in all the time :)

I don't care as much about the price as I do Amazon weaseling their way out of honoring the preorder. The retail price isn't bad but I have so much shit to buy right now. Was sort of hoping the price was legitimate after it dropped the second time.