Smashing Pumpkins

• 1 month later...

Congrats on 7k posts!

Side question for all: Did MCIS go out of print (or between presses/waves)? I'm in the market for a copy, and it's jumped like 12 or 13 dollars in price on Amazon and eBay.

A new MCIS pressing just came out at the beginning of the summer. Not sure how big it was.

Must be running out or something? I don't know, but I'm itching for a copy, and I don't feel like paying almost $80 when it was $63 a few months ago. Not sure if I should wait a month or two, or just buy used.

Must be running out or something? I don't know, but I'm itching for a copy, and I don't feel like paying almost $80 when it was $63 a few months ago. Not sure if I should wait a month or two, or just buy used.

I think I'm gonna buy the box set next time I'm in the local with $80 to spend. It's a super nice looking box.

In all honesty, you may be better off buying it from Amazon or Music Direct unless you are certain that it's the newer pressing (both Amazon and MD sold out so all current copies are the new pressing).

Yeah, I've heard the old pressing had issues. Someone in this thread told me it should be a newer copy but it probably isn't worth the risk.

I am really excited about Machina and Zwan. I want A New Poetry on vinyl badly.

Zeitgeist I will not be purchasing (sorry mm).

They did a great version of A New Poetry when they played at the Marquee theater in Tempe. It's in the online archive if you are interested in checking that out. I fucking loved Zwan so much.

They did a great version of A New Poetry when they played at the Marquee theater in Tempe. It's in the online archive if you are interested in checking that out. I fucking loved Zwan so much.

The early version of Mary Star of the Sea, when it didn't have Jesus, I tacked onto the front, was so fucking huge.  I wish he'd release a studio cut of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to picking up a copy of the Siamese Dream reissue.

My copy has pops and clicks all through it, and a fair amount of background noise. I have given it a good clean and it hasn't gotten any better?

Has anyone else found that with theirs? 

Mine sounds awesome.

I finally got around to picking up a copy of the Siamese Dream reissue.

My copy has pops and clicks all through it, and a fair amount of background noise. I have given it a good clean and it hasn't gotten any better?

Has anyone else found that with theirs?

Regularly play my copy and I think it's one of the better recently remastered albums.