Smashing Pumpkins

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure you remember that lucky 13 fiasco. I just mean that if this experimental album can sell out and net a profit for him, then it may show that there is a market for some other unreleased material from the "archive". Not that this will revive that project or anything... I think maybe he needed some proof of the demand and this may help show that. Some other sporadic releases like this would be cool.  

Darn... I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. I remember this particular topic being a circle jerk on the SP forums... 

From what I recall, there was turmoil in the group, and there was no real indication to Billy what people would be willing to pay for. The group had a created very vague survey and that was it. There was no knowledge of what Billy had available or would be willing to release, what format, etc.  

That's all I recall, and my memory can be pretty hazy so feel free to correct anything I may have skewed. I am happy enough with the reissues though. They take enough of my money as it is. I'm hoping they revisit the archive idea after the reissues are released.