Smashing Pumpkins

News out of the SP camp is that tracklisting for the upcoming ‘ADORE’ box set is now complete. The 6-disc set will feature the original album in stereo (as remastered by Bob Ludwig), the album as it was released in mono (here for the first time on CD), plus an additional 3 discs of unreleased material and a live DVD, taken from the band’s charity tour of 1998.

A summer release is expected.

From Billy:

“One thing that might excite fans of the album is that we were able to go back and locate elements from the original sessions that were stored digitally, but never used; such as some of the brilliant work done by Bon Harris. In that fresh mixes have been commissioned, shedding new light on not only the songs hidden foundations, but their futuristic nature as well.

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com

when the reissues were first announced, billy said that the adore reissue vinyl would be a stereo mix. i recently read an article saying that the vinyl would be a mono mix. the source didn't seem too reliable though, and they may have mixed up some information. the cd box will include both the stereo and a NEW mono mix. 

if the mellon collie reissue is any indication, it seems like they're doing the vinyl reissues as close to the original cd versions as possible and not trying to replicate the orginal vinyl versions. so stereo makes sense. 

i really hope this cd box set sticks with the small box pattern that the first 3 and TAFH had, and has the $35 price tag like the first two did.

i've been buying the cd boxes because i already own all SP vinyl, tho i did opt for the TAFH vinyl set for obvious reasons.

but it's starting to get ridiculous the way they've been pricing these after siamese dream, pisces was $45 because of the extra tape (but worth it, imo), MCIS was over $100! thats insane too me. i still haven't bought the MCIS set because of that.

edit: i just noticed it's a six disc set. goddammit.

im really stoked for the b-sides, i'd love for an early recording of

'let me give the world to you' to be on here, as well as remasters of 'chewing gum', 'soot and stars', 'winterlong', 'do you close your eyes', 'jersey shore' etc.

maybe some TEBITE alternate takes?

i really hope this cd box set sticks with the small box pattern that the first 3 and TAFH had, and has the $35 price tag like the first two did.

i've been buying the cd boxes because i already own all SP vinyl, tho i did opt for the TAFH vinyl set for obvious reasons.

but it's starting to get ridiculous the way they've been pricing these after siamese dream, pisces was $45 because of the extra tape (but worth it, imo), MCIS was over $100! thats insane too me. i still haven't bought the MCIS set because of that.

edit: i just noticed it's a six disc set. goddammit.

im really stoked for the b-sides, i'd love for an early recording of

'let me give the world to you' to be on here, as well as remasters of 'chewing gum', 'soot and stars', 'winterlong', 'do you close your eyes', 'jersey shore' etc.

maybe some TEBITE alternate takes?

Im happy to pay a price a la TAFH, provided we're given enough content to justify the price. If theres 6 discs, i think theres more than enough content to justify the price tag. Can't wait to hear some early recordings/outtakes/demos of appels + oranjes, annie-dog, pistol pete and dusty, daphne decends etc.

And then we have the masterpiece that is Machina I/II after that... Oh boy!!!

Saw them on the adore tour and the reworkings of every song, including the adore tracks, was nothing short of amazing. BWBW sounded like a freight train was driving through your skull.

Would pay about anything for a live adore era show on wax. Wishful thinking, I know. Anyone else a little disappointed that the vinyl releases seem a bit skimp?

Saw them on the adore tour and the reworkings of every song, including the adore tracks, was nothing short of amazing. BWBW sounded like a freight train was driving through your skull.

Would pay about anything for a live adore era show on wax. Wishful thinking, I know. Anyone else a little disappointed that the vinyl releases seem a bit skimp?

This has been discussed at length in this thread and the general consensus is that vinyl should carry the album tracks only, considering the price and storage space constraints involved. Nobody wants to pay $300 for a 10XLP of Mellon Collie. Bonus tracks and live stuff are better suited to the CD/DVD and digital realm.

Yeah, that'd be cool to get. Is this what someone was talking about on here a while back about a SP recording that they had the master copy of and had plans of releasing? Seems like I rememeber something like that.

Not this, even cooler, project has kinda taken the back burner to other things, but there will be news fairly soon...