Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah what sucks about the MCIS box is that there are a few REALLY great tracks on it but you have to wade through a lot of not-so-great stuff to get at them. I mean most of the worthwhile leftovers from that era ended up on the Aeroplane box. Excited to see the track list for Adore!

Hopefully it's not like the MCIS box and more like the others.

Yeah that and the Aeroplane box were a bit disappointing, but ...

Yeah what sucks about the MCIS box is that there are a few REALLY great tracks on it but you have to wade through a lot of not-so-great stuff to get at them. I mean most of the worthwhile leftovers from that era ended up on the Aeroplane box. Excited to see the track list for Adore!

... I also agree with this.

I tend to disagree about the bonus material on MCiS/TAFH sets.

Besides the fact that some of the songs were previously available via bootlegs and, most important, the unexplained addition of regular TAFH songs in the MCiS box, he managed to put together a wide variety of songs from different steps of the process. And if Corgan hadn't slipped the demos back in the 00's both boxes would have been better received by the fanbase.

Unfortunately, it seems that he doesn't have much more to dig from his vaults, or at least doesn't have enough music to justify a 6-disc set so it was all about managing the project with fillers, live stuff and unreleased music. But that didn't, at least for me, harm the experience as the sequence of so much music is pretty pleasant to be listened to as a whole.

Back to Adore, I've always enjoyed the electric demos while he also has the acoustic ones to consider, besides the stuff he included in Rotten Apples. I'll be interesting to have an even deeper insight on how that album came to life, I suspect the band tried different things with different producers and probably ended up with a good portion of music that became shelved.

please let the vinyl be in mono... i probably will buy the original if this one is in stereo

Billy has said in interviews on Crestfallen and to me personally when I asked him during their last tour (when I was lucky to attend one of those 5 song performances before the show) that the vinyl will be in Stereo.  So if you want the Mono, you'll need to get an original.

Plus there was this:

when the reissues were first announced, billy said that the adore reissue vinyl would be a stereo mix. i recently read an article saying that the vinyl would be a mono mix. the source didn't seem too reliable though, and they may have mixed up some information. the cd box will include both the stereo and a NEW mono mix. 

if the mellon collie reissue is any indication, it seems like they're doing the vinyl reissues as close to the original cd versions as possible and not trying to replicate the orginal vinyl versions. so stereo makes sense. 

This is why everybody is REALLY so excited about the Adore reissue. Nobody actually cares about the music. I remember this actually being a big factor in why some people I knew bought the album.

I don't doubt this at all.  But D'arcy nips are merely a bonus for me, it's a great album from a musical perspective.  :)

If you are still holding out (which I was), The Aeroplane Flies High has hit $60 on Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Aeroplane-Flies-High-5LP-Vinyl/dp/B00D5YNQ5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404398938&sr=8-1&keywords=aeroplane+flies+high+vinyl

Thanks! Just picked that up finally, it sells locally for $220USD ( https://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/music/alternative/aeroplane-flies-high-180gm-vinyl-box-set/72281 )

I really hope that the live DVD is from the Adore tour and recorded live at the Fox Theater in Atlanta.  I was at that show, it was professionally shot (including a few retakes) and would be an absolutely awesome show to have on DVD.

looks like you got your wish.

smashingpumpkins.com is supposed to announce the tracklist today but here is what amazon has up:

Disc: 1
1. To Sheila
2. Ava Adore
3. Perfect
4.  Daphne Descends
5.  Once Upon A Time
6.  Tear
7.  Crestfallen
8.  Appels + Oranjes
9.  Pug
10.  The Tale Of Dusty and Pistol Pete
11.  Annie-Dog
12.  Shame
13.  Behold! The Night Mare
14.  For Martha
15.  Blank Page

Disc: 2
1. Adore mono version

Disc: 3
1.  Blissed and Gond (Sadlands Demo)
2.  Christmastime (Sadlands Demo)
3.  My Mistake (Sadlands Demo)
4.  Sparrow (Sadlands Demo)
5.  Valentine (Sadlands Demo)
6.  The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (Sadlands Demo)
7.  What If? (Streeterville Demo)
8.  Chewing Gum (CRC Demo)
9.  Once In A While (2014 Mix/CRC Demo)
10.  Do You Close Your Eyes When You Kiss Me? (CRC Demo)
11.  For Martha (Take 1/CRC Demo)
12.  My Mistake (Take 1/CRC Demo)
13.  Blissed And Gone (CRC Demo)
14.  For Martha (Take 2/Instrumental/CRC Demo)

Disc: 4
1.  For Martha (Symphonic Snippet/Instrumental)
2.  Crestfallen (Matt Walker Reimagined/2014)
3.  To Sheila (Early Banjo Version)
4.  Ava Adore (Puffy Combs Remix 1998)
5.  O Rio (Instrumental/Sadlands Demo)
6.  Waiting (Adore Outtake)*
7.  Once Upon A Time (Sadlands Demo)
8.  Eye (2014 Mix/From The 'Lost Highway' Soundtrack)
9.  Saturnine (For Piano and Voice)
10. Cash Car Star (Matt Walker Reimagined/2014)
11.  Pug (Matt Walker Reimagined 2014)
12.  Perfect (No Strings Version)
13.  It's Alright (Instrumental/Adore Outtake)
14.  Czarina (Take 1/Adore Outtake)
15.  Indecision (Sadlands Demo)
16.  Blank Page (Early Version)

Disc: 5
1.  Let Me Give The World To You (Adore Outtake)
2.  Tear (From Digital Transfer)
3.  Cross (Adore Outtake)
4.  Because You Are (Adore B-Side)*
5.  Jersey Shore (Sadlands Demo)
6.  Shame (Take 1)
7.  Summer (Instrumental/Adore Outtake)
8.  Blissed And Gone (Drone Version)
9.  Heaven (Instrumental/Sadlands Demo)
10.  Daphne Descends (Matt Walker Reimagined/2014)
11.  Saturnine (Matt Walker Reimagined/2014)
12.  Behold! The Night Mare (Alternate Vocal)
13.  Perfect (Acoustic Demo/Adore Outtake)
14.  Dou You Close Your Eyes? (Adore Outtake)
15.  The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning*

Disc: 6
1.  Ava Adore (Live/Sao Paulo Session)
2.  Daphne Descends (Live/Sao Paulo Session)
3.  The Tale Of Dusty And Pistol Pete (Live/Sao Paulo Session)
4.  Tear (Live/Sao Paolo Session)
5.  Shame (Live With Mancow/Chicago)
6.  Blank Page (Live With Manco/Chicago)
7.  To Sheila (Live/Nashville/Ryman Auditorium)
8.  Money (That's What I Want) (Live/Los Angeles/Dodger Stadium)
9.  X.Y.U. Medley (Live/Los Angeles/Dodger Stadium) Includes: The Ethers Tragic, Never Say Never, Where Boys Fear To Tread
10.  Transmission (Live/Chicago/Rehearsal)

Disc: 7
1.  DVD - Fox Theatre, Atlanta, Georgia - August 4, 1998

billy said the amazon tracklist is wrong and he's pissed the posted  it. i'm sure there's a few little errors, like 17 being omitted, but otherwise i bet this is 95% correct.

Hahaha...yes.   Here are Billy's Tweets:

AND btw, Amazon track list is WRONG. I'm just saying...

We'll post later on http://SmashingPumpkinsNexus.com  how you can pre-order from us at a cheaper price, as well as special, autographed editions

So all I can say is that a/ never again will I trust such promises and that b/ for now on I'll just do right by SP peeps first and foremost

OBVIOUSLY I've had ADORE track list for 4 months, and could have posted anytime. But we try to co-ordinate these releases to balance all

CORRECTION: Amazon decided to break an agreement and post track listing of ADORE first; despite assurances otherwise that asked us to wait

Great news: ADORE box set track list to be announced on http://SmashingPumpkinsNexus.com  later today. Plus information on how to buy signed copies too