Smashing Pumpkins

everyone's gonna be so annoyed when the aegea records start arriving and people realize they're just ambient noise. 

This.  It occurred to me to go and try and find a clip somewhere of what kind of music it was after i signed up for the email notifications of the next pressing.  I more or less posted that update last night for others that may not have gotten the notification emails.  Definitely not going to buy after hearing the clip.  I can't get down with ambient noise.

I really wouldn't know what to expect from BC in the ambient territory. His best musicianship was always related to songwriting in a traditional way while seasoning it with something dirty, twisted or unexpected. His ventures into pure ambient or musique concrete might just end up as nothing more than what 99% of musicians into this genre do, coming up with nothing pretty relevant or at least worth of mention.

This 2xLP would have convinced me, for the old times, if it cost around $20 but $50 just seems prohibitive based on the perspective of its musical content and the possibility of making a difference in my collection. A CD, on the other hand, I could go along with.

The Smashing Pumpkins have announced plans to reissue 2000's MACHINA/The Machines of God.  The tracks will be remastered and resequenced into the "original and intended double/triple album sequence," according to the Smashing Pumpkins' website. Cuts from live shows will be a part of the reissue, too. This will better present MACHINA in its intended form "as a theatrical narrative," as Billy Corgan writes on site. It isn't clear if companion album MACHINA II/The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music will also be included in the reissue.

"I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices," Corgan added. "Finishing what the band started so long ago, and we just didn’t have the strength to end." It's mentioned that Corgan has "designs on commissioning new remixes of all materials as well."

A reissue of 1998's Adore is also in the works.

In unrelated news, the above image is a fantastic magazine cover starring Corgan and his two cats that's been making the rounds on the internet. Please enjoy it as much as you possibly can. It's the magazine of Chicago no kill animal shelter PAWS Chicago. Corgan's cats, Sammi and Mr. Thom, were adopted from PAWS.

-Pitchfork

Am I late with this news?

The Smashing Pumpkins have announced plans to reissue 2000's MACHINA/The Machines of God.  The tracks will be remastered and resequenced into the "original and intended double/triple album sequence," according to the Smashing Pumpkins' website. Cuts from live shows will be a part of the reissue, too. This will better present MACHINA in its intended form "as a theatrical narrative," as Billy Corgan writes on site. It isn't clear if companion album MACHINA II/The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music will also be included in the reissue.

"I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices," Corgan added. "Finishing what the band started so long ago, and we just didn’t have the strength to end." It's mentioned that Corgan has "designs on commissioning new remixes of all materials as well."

A reissue of 1998's Adore is also in the works.

In unrelated news, the above image is a fantastic magazine cover starring Corgan and his two cats that's been making the rounds on the internet. Please enjoy it as much as you possibly can. It's the magazine of Chicago no kill animal shelter PAWS Chicago. Corgan's cats, Sammi and Mr. Thom, were adopted from PAWS.

-Pitchfork

Adore just needs to be released so I can move on and just look forward to the next new album, hopefully picking up where Oceania left off.  Machina was very meh for me.

Posted on the previous page, yeah.

It was a very strange coincidence for Billy to announce the Machina reissue today, as I felt compelled to spin my copy of the album just last night. I had forgotten how beautiful "With Every Night" is. 

I don't understand why we are announcing Machina, though, when Adore isn't out yet.

• 1 month later...

If you are still holding out (which I was), The Aeroplane Flies High has hit $60 on Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Aeroplane-Flies-High-5LP-Vinyl/dp/B00D5YNQ5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404398938&sr=8-1&keywords=aeroplane+flies+high+vinyl

Thanks. Had the camelcamelcamel alert set, but saw it here first!