Smashing Pumpkins

I'm trying ordering Aeroplane again.  Did anyone else (ordering from CA shipping to US) have issues with the package being eaten in shipment?  The first time I ordered this it arrived in a beat up box, but it looked like UPS or DHL (can't recall which) had actually put it in the box.  It looked like amazon CA shipped it without boxing first (shipping label on shrink wrap) - needless to say everything was bent, shrink wrap was ripped off, 3 albums had fallen out of their sleeves on the bottom of the box.  Think if you played catch on pavement but no one caught it.

I'm trying ordering Aeroplane again.  Did anyone else (ordering from CA shipping to US) have issues with the package being eaten in shipment?  The first time I ordered this it arrived in a beat up box, but it looked like UPS or DHL (can't recall which) had actually put it in the box.  It looked like amazon CA shipped it without boxing first (shipping label on shrink wrap) - needless to say everything was bent, shrink wrap was ripped off, 3 albums had fallen out of their sleeves on the bottom of the box.  Think if you played catch on pavement but no one caught it.

Why would you order again, did you get a full refund? I was going to order it at this price, but maybe I won't since you had trouble with it.

this machina news is making me sad.

i agree with what was said above, that machina 2 should be put out in the 3x10", 2xLP boxset.

or even just the LPs, the 10"s were kinda redundant anyway.

machina 2 is in desperate need of a remaster, and the way they've been remastering all this other stuff, it would be amazing!

just ugh, please don't rearrange machina 1 and add a bunch of "new" songs to the story, thats dumb.

this machina news is making me sad.

i agree with what was said above, that machina 2 should be put out in the 3x10", 2xLP boxset.

or even just the LPs, the 10"s were kinda redundant anyway.

machina 2 is in desperate need of a remaster, and the way they've been remastering all this other stuff, it would be amazing!

just ugh, please don't rearrange machina 1 and add a bunch of "new" songs to the story, thats dumb.

Here's how I feel: it's obvious to me that the band's intent for Machina was not what I bought in 2000 and eventually heard when Machina II "leaked." While I love the sequence and the songs of Machina/Machina II, I've always felt that it was incomplete. I want to know the story. If the reissue fixes the story and screws with the running order/mix. I'm down. I'll always have the originals to go back to. Billy has done really well at giving things a face lift without ruining the memory and the music for the other albums so far. I trust this will turn out well.

machina 2 was the topic of "memorabilia mondays" and he said this:

e56f8f_818e3521a2374c0192c71b2132d946bc.

From Billy: "This true copy of the entire Machina 2 set was procured, as best as I can tell, by sale from the fan I'd sent it to; and is the copy from which the initial bootlegs were culled from. But as was custom to that era that same fan also betrayed other confidences by letting out other materials that I'd asked him to keep; costing in effect confidences from others far more innocent. Which explains the availability of certain materials, and how Machina 2 as a project did not come out sequentially as I'd asked.

There are other copies, of course, 24 of them, one of which is in the possession of my friend Robert Smith; who's music has inspired me so. And last I heard the Q101 copy (a local Chicago radio station) may be once more offered for sale. The last listing if I recall set at around 10,000$US.

Lastly, I look forward to reuniting Machina 1+2 next year, with which we'll probably offer this set as a reissue amongst other materials.

Hopefully this means there will be a machina II reissue in this format. My first impression was that the vinyl is sticking to the original tracklistings and such and the cds have the bonus material. I wouldn't be surprised if there were machina I and machina II vinyl sets with the same listing as the originals and a big huge cd box set that has the remasters as well as new cds with different mixes and running orders. but we probably have well over a year til we find out. 

that being said, if instead there is a 4-lp box of machina i + ii in the original intended order mixed and mastered well, i'd be happy with that too. machina is definitely the reissue i've been looking forward to the most and it's finally getting close. 

Why would you order again, did you get a full refund? I was going to order it at this price, but maybe I won't since you had trouble with it.

I did get a full refund.  I had trouble months ago - one of the first times it came down in price.  I'm hoping that by now they have figured out how to pack them properly.  If they shipped all of them like that and mine was the only damaged package I'd be surprised.

From http://smashingpumpkinsnexus.com:

'AEGEA' UPDATE
July 9, 2014
e56f8f_7fc1ba779f614c71a6341089c8023eda.
Shipping boxes have arrived! All 1000 of 'em...

----

'AEGEA' SINGLE DISC SUBSCRIPTION:

If you are interested in any future sales of ‘AEGEA’ and would like advance notification or the accompanying code that places a subscriber at the front of the line for any on-sale, please sign up today. There is no charge to enlist and no advance fee for purchase is required.

LINK TO SUBSCRIPTION PAGE:

Hey I just bought a copy of Siamese Dream off of Ebay for $10.  Did I make a dumb purchase?  

Claims to be a 1993 orange 2xlp pressing with the following info:

Album Features

UPC:017046174015

Artist:Smashing Pumpkins

Format:VinylRelease

Year:1993Record

Label:Caroline

DistributionGenre:Grunge, Rock & Pop

Hey I just bought a copy of Siamese Dream off of Ebay for $10.  Did I make a dumb purchase?  

Album Features

Is that a joke question...?

http://www.discogs.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-Siamese-Dream/release/667822

Album Features

yep. you got ripped off. please send me the record when you get it so i can dispose of it for you.