Drive Soundtrack?

Seems like a lot of people bought this release for looks alone. Not on this board but on EB where the poster guys lurk. Id be willing to bet as high as 1/4 of the people who got this dont even own a TT.

That's definitely true.  I posted a link some pages back to the thread over there and a few people were saying "now I just need a record player to listen to it!"

is this a subtle 'let me show off my walls' post or did you not realize the conversation was about people buying it with no method of playing it. you don't really have to justify buying it to us

Ahhh gee.. I thought the topic was about the Drive album and cover art in general. Sorry you were offended by sharing some pics of album art put to good use, as in 'here's where my copy is headed'. Deleted.

That's definitely true.  I posted a link some pages back to the thread over there and a few people were saying "now I just need a record player to listen to it!"

Either way, Mondo finally got their hype for vinyl records that Im sure they were looking for. Its only gonna get harder for us Mondo vinyl people from here on out, I have to believe.

Either way, Mondo finally got their hype for vinyl records that Im sure they were looking for. Its only gonna get harder for us Mondo vinyl people from here on out, I have to believe.

I don't think so.  This release has a lot of factors going it's way.  A current soundtrack, big name artist for the cover and a long wait to build demand.  I have no idea how oblivion will go. But if they release another classic horror it'll be back to selling out in a few days or maybe even a week.

I don't think so.  This release has a lot of factors going it's way.  A current soundtrack, big name artist for the cover and a long wait to build demand.  I have no idea how oblivion will go. But if they release another classic horror it'll be back to selling out in a few days or maybe even a week.

Who knows? We will see.

Eh. Posters can be put to use by anyone. I think the novelty will wear off for these folks, if exists to being with. It's an LP with broad appeal, by an artist that sells and ha been hyped for a year.

Eh. Posters can be put to use by anyone. I think the novelty will wear off for these folks, if exists to being with. It's an LP with broad appeal, by an artist that sells and ha been hyped for a year.

I guess Ive just got a funny feeling about it. Ill tell you for certain though, I wont be waiting to order any Mondo vinyl until I see how the market reacts to the next release.

After finally receiving this I have to gripe about a couple of things. First one has already been mentioned, but the white vertical borders on the sides...I don't get the reasoning behind it. Framing doesn't seem to be an issue because there's adequate space at the top and bottom if they wanted to enlarge it and retain all of the main characters on the cover.

Even if that we're the issue, a black border would've made the art pop even more. The inner gatefold art looks fantastic though, glad they didn't decide to take away from that.

The other thing that bugs me is the Mondo circle placed on the front. Your logo is on the back, is a big pink dot with the name in plain text really necessary? For a company with its foundation firmly cemented in wonderfully designed art pieces they sure made some odd decisions with the layout of this lp.

End rant.

After finally receiving this I have to gripe about a couple of things. First one has already been mentioned, but the white vertical borders on the sides...I don't get the reasoning behind it. Framing doesn't seem to be an issue because there's adequate space at the top and bottom if they wanted to enlarge it and retain all of the main characters on the cover.

Even if that we're the issue, a black border would've made the art pop even more. The inner gatefold art looks fantastic though, glad they didn't decide to take away from that.

The other thing that bugs me is the Mondo circle placed on the front. Your logo is on the back, is a big pink dot with the name in plain text really necessary? For a company with its foundation firmly cemented in wonderfully designed art pieces they sure made some odd decisions with the layout of this lp.

End rant.

I agree about the pink Mondo dot, so stupid.

I didn't get mine yet but ughhh, that's so disappointing to hear... They put a STICKER of that on the previous Mondo releases, why would they change it for the best release yet?