2012 No Sleep Records Subscription Thread

Yea I think the large build up at the end was due to the pressing plant backups that it seemed every label was experiencing. One thing I noticed about the 2013 sub is that they didnt specify how frequent shipments would be like they did in 2012.

is this really true?  haven't a lot of the records in this package been available for quite a while?

Got my 12" pack today. Corners bent up on most of the records, with a lot of gaps in the shipping box itself. I don't know why the same boxes from the IIOI 52 Weeks LP weren't used for this.

how the fuck did you get your shipment before me if you're in canada??? but really, still waiting on my stuff... and hoping i don't suffer the misfortune you did. sorry to hear this.

just got done sampling all the 12" records and I have to say I am really really impressed!

Casket Lottery, Departures and Mountain Man are fantastic albums

Major League and Lowtalker are decent pop/punk records which is what I expected

Early Graves feels a little strange but I think it is going to be fun when I'm in the mood for something different...

All in All this was a good purchase....glad I bought the 2013 sub!!

Aside from my package coming in poor shape, I have a few other comments about the entire thing.

- Three (The Casket Lottery, Major League, Departures) of the six LPs in this package are without the proper b-side label, making only one have the proper label, since two also have etchings.

- There was really no reason for there not have been a package sent out in September, six of these releases have been out since before October.

- Some communication would have been appreciated, whether it was an update as to why stuff was being held so long, shipping notice on the final packages, a heads up that the 7" and LPs were coming separately, something.

All of this stuff is keeping me away from next year's subscription, along with heavy consideration before I decide to order from No Sleep again.

Aside from my package coming in poor shape, I have a few other comments about the entire thing.

- Three (The Casket Lottery, Major League, Departures) of the six LPs in this package are without the proper b-side label, making only one have the proper label, since two also have etchings.

- There was really no reason for there not have been a package sent out in September, six of these releases have been out since before October.

- Some communication would have been appreciated, whether it was an update as to why stuff was being held so long, shipping notice on the final packages, a heads up that the 7" and LPs were coming separately, something.

All of this stuff is keeping me away from next year's subscription, along with heavy consideration before I decide to order from No Sleep again.

i didn't even know about the b-side label stuff... maybe i just wasn't paying good enough attention. as for the reason it wasn't sent out in september, there was some issues with the pressing plant concerning labels, the paper strips or some shit. i can't remember the exact details, but there was some semi-legitimate reason for the hold-up. but i agree, the lack of communication was ridiculous, especially in light of them posting the 2013 subscription without making any indication we would ever get the rest of our shit.

This sub was a bigger bust than Tim Tebow.

Has anyone brought up that it doesn't take $30 to ship 4 packages? Definitely not buying another one from them even though 2013 is already looking better. I'll stick to individual purchases from now on.

I'll sell my LPs from this sub (minus Mixtapes & Casket Lottery) for $10+shipping and 7"s for $5+shipping (minus Mixtapes, B&C, Casket Lottery) if anyone is interested.

This sub was a bigger bust than Tim Tebow.

Has anyone brought up that it doesn't take $30 to ship 4 packages? Definitely not buying another one from them even though 2013 is already looking better. I'll stick to individual purchases from now on.

I'll sell my LPs from this sub (minus Mixtapes & Casket Lottery) for $10+shipping and 7"s for $5+shipping (minus Mixtapes, B&C, Casket Lottery) if anyone is interested.

Shot you a PM

Got my packages in the mail yesterday. Its odd I never got a shipping notice but I guess it was a pleasant surprise. My biggest complaint about this sub is that none of the LPs came with a poly sleeve. One or two of my LP's special band things have ripped just pulling them out of the shelf. Just ordered some extra 4 mil sleeves to hopefully prevent this problem. But the paper is so thin that even taking them off the albums to listen runs the risk of them tearing.

Ok sub I guess. A little expensive, but I was generally happy with the releases. Probably won't do another no sleep sub though.