Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you want the source, but I can't post the links to this stuff because I'd get in major trouble, but late this afternoon I was sent information by one label and one distributor about the following releases:

Brendon Benson 7"

311 Remixes 12" (4 remixes from Universal Pulse)

Taking Back Sunday Live 12" (2 tracks from Fingerprints, 2 tracks from Looney Tunes)

Cult Picture Disc

Brad 7" (2 new unreleased b-sides from upcoming album)

Neon Indian 10" (500 copies only)

Plus a lot more from Victory Records (very cool items!) and Thrill Jockey.

All added here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

Thanks.

I know you want the source, but I can't post the links to this stuff because I'd get in major trouble, but late this afternoon I was sent information by one label and one distributor about the following releases:

Brendon Benson 7"

Taking Back Sunday Live 12" (2 tracks from Fingerprints, 2 tracks from Looney Tunes)

Cult Picture Disc

All added here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

Thanks.

awesome, thank you for that link. But honestly not 1 thing is too appealing to me personally. Kinda let down a lot. Hopefully there are more releases.

Brendon Benson 7"

Cult Picture Disc

All added here:

Thanks.

awesome, thank you for that link. But honestly not 1 thing is too appealing to me personally. Kinda let down a lot. Hopefully there are more releases.

Supposedly tomorrow will see the lists from the major labels like EMI, Universal, etc....so we'll see.

Also, I love how I have made 3 posts today, providing factual information to help people find out about these releases and I get smited twice? Which is sweet, because most of the people I respect on this board who do post, have a shit load of smite. So SMITE AWAY! :)

Scott, I'm coming for you and your smite record! ;)

Supposedly tomorrow will see the lists from the major labels like EMI, Universal, etc....so we'll see.

Also, I love how I have made 3 posts today, providing factual information to help people find out about these releases and I get smited twice? Which is sweet, because most of the people I respect on this board who do post, have a shit load of smite. So SMITE AWAY! :)

Scott, I'm coming for you and your smite record! ;)

Considering Travis just got over +100 today, I dont think this matters. It takes so much to get an exalt yet so little for a smite.

as long as the TBS 12" has the fingerprints acoustic version of Kanye West's Can't Tell Me Nothing, I'll be happy!

Nope, sorry.

Tracklisting is:

Side A:

Ghost Man on Third

Your Own Disaster

Side B:

Faith (When I Let you Down)

Great Romances of the 20th Century

Still want it now that I know it has an acoustic version of Your Own Disaster! =] That was good news by itself... I wonder if Fingerprints will just release their concert on a CD like they do for pretty much every other big artist they host.

New RSD press release from the inbox:

On March 1, Record Store Day announces their free App for both the iPhone and Android consumer. The free RSD Guide App is now available at the App Store, the Android Marketplace and the Amazon Android Store.

The RSD Guide App will offer special features and serve as Record Store Day on the go right in the palm of your hands.

The RSD Guide App is essentially www.recordstoreday.com in a convenient Smartphone format where all the information is accessible. It does everything the website does, like find a record store near the user, geolocating the nearest stores from the over 700 registered participating Record Store Day stores worldwide, and allowing for searches using several search terms (Zip Code, State). Users can also enter contests, watch videos, listen to new music, get information on new releases and special indie store exclusives also access a complete list of Record Store Day and Black Friday releases, including descriptions and artwork.

The Record Store Day website and social media work year round to engage, inform and entertain while promoting independent record stores and so will the RSD Guide App.

www.recordstoreday.com averages 185,000/visitors a month; approximately 6200 visitors/day. From Feb - May 2011 - over 1 million visits, 740,000 unique visitors. Record Store Day’s website is also fast becoming THE place to debut videos and songs. Their February debut of The Shins’ “September” saw more than 10,000 unique visitors to the site in less than 15 hours, with the video being viewed more than 33,000 times in less than 24 hours. This feature is now viewable on the RSD Guide App.

Download the free RSD Guide App today.

Please also welcome "The Third Option". Record Store Day launches “The Third Option,” an initiative to allow artists, labels and anyone who promotes music through their websites or social media to offer their readers the option to buy it from a local, independently owned record store, alongside, and as an alternative to, iTunes or Amazon.

The Third Option includes a button graphic, along with backend programming which uses geolocation to find the nearest independent record stores participating in the program, allowing people to BUY LOCAL FROM A RECORD STORE in one of three ways: PHYSICALLY, finding the closest store to walk into; MAIL ORDER, finding the closest store who fill the order and mail it out; and DIGITALLY, with per-song and album options from Record Store Day. An easily created hyperlink, unique to each release, completes the process, providing a convenient way to buy local, alongside Amazon and iTunes buy buttons.

Many people who learn about new music on blogs, online magazines or artist sites still prefer to get their music from a real record store, and The Third Option allows artists, many of whom are also avid supporters of record stores, to acknowledge that and give those fans an easy-to-use tool.

“When Record Store Day first launched every one said, “Wow, that was awesome but how do you spread the magic of record stores year round?” The launching of Record Store Day’s Third Option enables us to do that. Artists wanting to support our “buy local” strategy will now have an option to do it. The record stores will have the ability to build on their successful businesses, strengthening their local economy. And the music business now has a stronger partner for selling their music. Everyone wins. We can’t thank the artists enough who are stepping up to get Record Store Day’s Third Option campaign off the ground over the next few days and weeks. After all we are nothing without their art,” said Michael Kurtz, Record Store Day co-founder

The Third Option launches with many artists committing to include the “BUY LOCAL FROM A RECORD STORE button on their sites shortly including Wilco, Mastodon, The Civil Wars, Sinead O’Connor, Gary Clark, Jr., Anthrax, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Jack’s Mannequin, The Vespers, Rebelution, Lovedrug, Green River Ordinance, Butterfly Boucher, Sugar and the Hi Lows, Rosie Thomas, Katie Herzig, and none other than Bruce Springsteen joining on Tuesday of next week.

Labels, management and artists who want to show their support for stores, and their acknowledgement of their fans who shop there, can contact [email protected] or [email protected]

Sugar Hill Records is releasing a 7-inch by Decemberists side project Black Prairie for RSD. From the inbox:

Nashville, TN – March 1st, 2012 – Sugar Hill Records is excited to announce the release of Singers, Volume 1: Portland, a limited edition 7-inch vinyl record from Portland, Oregon-based Black Prairie in celebration of Record Store Day – April 21st, 2012.

When Black Prairie formed, part of their vision was to become a backing band for singers. To quote dobroist Chris Funk, “As Dylan nor Neil Young have yet to make that call into the home office,” Black Prairie decided to surge forward with their own series of EPs, backing singers from different parts of the country and different walks of musical life. The first will focus on singers who call the city of Portland, Oregon home, kicking off with tracks from James Mercer (Shins/Broken Bells) and Sallie Ford (Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside), which will each comprise a side on the 7-inch Record Store Day release. The full EP, set for release in the spring, will feature Langhorne Slim, The Minus 5, folk legend Michael Hurley, Caleb Klauder from The Foghorn String Band and Luzelena Mendoza from Y La Bamba.