The poster was pretty much just a white version of the Chicago Theater poster. Last night was very good, but definitely not as phenomenal as Wednesday night. He was in a very talkative mood last night and it hurt the flow of the show.

Just got back from a weekend in Chicago and saw the Thursday show. Just my .02 as a more casual fan, but I thought the show was nowhere close to good. He got pissed during the opener, (presumably) because of a sound issue and they closed the curtains back up. The first few songs he seemed really pissed off, and there was little flow/energy throughout the first 70 minutes before he left prior to the encore. His 'how many know about John Lee Hooker?' monologue had some idiot near the front yelling 'just shut up and play'!  

There was so much noodling/medleys/talking. It reminded me of seeing Buddy Guy, who pretty much plays snippets for the 75 minutes he's out there. But Buddy is twice JW's age. The show did seem to get more flow/energy as the night went on, but I don't know if I'd pay to see him again. 

Go ahead and flame now. 

Does he generally have his own posters at festival shows, too? I'm eeing him at Osheaga in Montreal this weekend... I'd probably still go with a festival poster over just Jack's, but depending on how cool it looks I could be convinced to get both.

no, they don't do posters for festivals.

The poster for the Pittsburgh show last night sold out extremely fast and they started selling both the Chicago white and black posters.  People were still buying them :/

that's so weird because they sold out at the chicago shows really fast too. i'm not a fan of the pittsburgh poster, but i understand wanting it if you were there. 

I've got an extra Chicago Theatre poster 272/300. Mint. I'm not really interested in trading for other posters (no room), but I am looking for White Stripes/Racontuers/Dead Weather Vault vinyl that I don't own, most specifically the last Stripes Mississippi show vinyl set. Feel free to PM me with offers. 

On a side similar note, I'm thinking the Chicago Theatre show would make a MOST EXCELLENT future Vault release. :o

I do already own:

Raconteurs Ryman

Stripes 1st Show

Jack White & Bricks

Stripes Aragon Chicago

Stripes Northern Lights B Shows

On a side similar note, I'm thinking the Chicago Theatre show would make a MOST EXCELLENT future Vault release. :o

It'd have to be a triple LP, wouldn't it? I think it'd also be pretty likely actually, because it was aired on the radio and I'm sure there's gotta be a master recording of that concert somewhere. Gotdamn that'd be a fun Vault release.

I was able to snag the Chicago Theatre show poster when I saw that show (my face is still melted from it) and I snagged up the Auditorium Theatre poster online. I'm looking to get the Chicago Theatre poster in a white frame and the Auditorium Theatre in a black frame for optimal contrast.

Michael's has great (affordable) poster frames for these. (18x24) They're called the trendsetter. They usually come in black, but every once in a while, my store caries white in this size. I've picked a couple up. 

Michael's has great (affordable) poster frames for these. (18x24) They're called the trendsetter. They usually come in black, but every once in a while, my store caries white in this size. I've picked a couple up. 

I got their $60 frames on Black Friday when they were on sale for $20 each. Scored 3 of them. Finally got to frame 3 DW posters that have been sitting in the tube for a few years.

00LOvpV.jpg