just wanted to give credit to third man's excellent customer service...took an extremely long time for the vault to exchange my faulty lazaretto split...when they finally did, they sent me an empty sleeve and forgot a replacement record

finally received my record and they threw in the vault blunderbuss demos 7" as an extra...good guys over there

im sending back a faulty lazaretto today as well. it cant make sense financially for them to ask for defective records to be sent back, so i wonder if there were a bunch of complaints and they want to inspect the records and see if they can find out why (besides poor quality control at united)

im sending back a faulty lazaretto today as well. it cant make sense financially for them to ask for defective records to be sent back, so i wonder if there were a bunch of complaints and they want to inspect the records and see if they can find out why (besides poor quality control at united)

And probably to make sure people are not playing them for an extra copy. 

And probably to make sure people are not playing them for an extra copy. 

That makes sense and I didn't think about that, guess I'm just a little too naive. A would have figured the photos I sent them of the issue would be enough as mine had an extra label printed on the b-side which I normally wouldn't care about, but to try and play the label would require it to be pressed properly. I showed them photos and it was quite clear it was defective. I don't care too much, only a bit of time wasted to pack it up and bring it to the post office. Just a waste of $16 on their end. I remember one of the early ones came crushed on all 4 corners and back then they just sent me out a new package.

TMR281430.jpg

Third Man Records is proud to present and exciting new full length album from our favorite Third Man chanteuse… Olivia Jean!

Bathtub Love Killings  is the debut solo LP from Olivia Jean, the multi-instrumentalist who cut her teeth in the Third Man stable backing folks as varied as Karen Elson, Wanda Jackson and Jack White in addition to fronting the much-loved Black Belles. Jean has accrued a lifetime of experience in a few short years, from highlight performances on The Colbert Report, Conan, Late Show With David Letterman and The Grand Old Opry stage to having one of her songs used as the theme for the television series Elvira’s Movie Macabre. 

Produced by Jack White, Bathtub Love Killings showcases Jean as a songwriting force to be reckoned with. Playing damn-near every instrument she could get her hands on, the result is a well-rounded, catchy record that’s chock-a-block full of ear worm moments. 

Bathtub Love Killings will be available everywhere on LP, CD and digital on October 14th. A limited edition lavender colored vinyl version will also be available via Third Man Records.

I went to the show at Red Rocks last night and it was awesome. I bought the poster before the show and the merch guy rolled it for me and put it in the tube. I didn't pull it out and look at it until it got home because it was raining for most of the show. When I pulled it out it there were really heavy creases all over. :( I guess I'll try and email Third Man and see if I can get a replacement. Anyone had this happen before?

I went to the show at Red Rocks last night and it was awesome. I bought the poster before the show and the merch guy rolled it for me and put it in the tube. I didn't pull it out and look at it until it got home because it was raining for most of the show. When I pulled it out it there were really heavy creases all over. :( I guess I'll try and email Third Man and see if I can get a replacement. Anyone had this happen before?

That sucks, I don't think TMR handles merch for his tour though. At my stop they had workers from the venue slinging merch who really didn't know what they were doing either. I think Third Man only receives any leftover prints from the shows once the tour is done if there's even any left.

Might have better luck contacting the artist and explaining the situation. They would hopefully sell you one from their artist release (assuming they have one).

Might have better luck contacting the artist and explaining the situation. They would hopefully sell you one from their artist release (assuming they have one).

yea this happened to me when QOTSA did their record release at the masonic temple is brooklyn...it monsooned that night and the posters ended up in rough shape...reached out to the artist and he was willing to swap a new copy for me

Oh no. : (

Oh no. : (

It's such a bummer. I emailed Third Man last night and this was the reply I got: "I'm afraid we have no replacement posters. Your best option would be to get it framed which would help to get ride of some of the folds." I emailed the artist, and he told me they're going up for sale soon and I can buy another. It's probably a long shot, but I think I'll email Third Man again and see if I can get a refund so part of the cost of a new poster is covered. 

I don't think these bends are coming out. This poster is beautiful though. I love all the little details. It took me a while to find where the date of the concert is hidden.

qKFDoKc.jpg

After years of poster collecting just a bit of advice....NEVER let anyone roll your prints! I know this was a hard lesson to learn but I wouldn't even let my best friend roll my art. I learned after years of practice how to roll a print and letting someone merch carney touch the print is bad enough! Haha.

Normally I try and roll them myself, but it was outdoors, and as I was in line it started raining really hard. The only place that was dry was behind the counter under the tent. He handed me the poster tube to have me open it and while I was doing so he rolled the poster. I didn't have many options.

Normally I try and roll them myself, but it was outdoors, and as I was in line it started raining really hard. The only place that was dry was behind the counter under the tent. He handed me the poster tube to have me open it and while I was doing so he rolled the poster. I didn't have many options.

Gotcha.....damn that sucks then! That happened to me during a phish show in NY and it started to rain but I forced myself under the merch tent and the print only got a few drops on it...well if I were you I would leave it on a table with some books on top for the creases and see how it flattens out under some pressure. Just another option...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On June 14th of this year, Jack White unleashed what was arguably one of the best performances in the 13 year history of the Bonnaroo festival.

In an expansive field in Manchester, TN, filled with approximately 70,000 fans, White let loose a tour-de-force, 26-song, two-hour and forty-five minute career-spanning set. From White Stripes songs like “Hotel Yorba” and “Icky Thump” to Raconteurs numbers such as “Top Yourself” and “Steady, As She Goes” through “Blue Blood Blues” by the Dead Weather…not to mention a wide selection of his solo material and covers of two surf rock classics “Pipeline” by the Chantays and “Misirlou” by Dick Dale. And Led Zeppelin’s “The Lemon Song”? He did that too.

In order to celebrate a show of such historical heft, Third Man Records has decided to dedicate the entirety of its 22nd Vault package to this performance.

Three vinyl LPs (white, blue and black), housed in a soft-touch, telescoping box, topped off with a lenticular television on the cover…this is by far the most ambitious Vault package yet. The audio has been mixed by Third Man’s in house engineer, three time Grammy Award-winner Vance Powell and stands as a marked improvement over the on-the-fly board mix heard in webcasts, YouTube uploads and shady downloads.

In addition, there will be a DVD of the FULL performance, re-edited from the original raw footage by Brad Holland (filmmaker extraordinaire), for a truly memorable visual document of the evening.

We could’ve stopped there…but anything worth doing is worth overdoing, right?

Also included in the package will be four high-quality 8x10 photographs from the evening shot by David Swanson. Suitable for framing, timeless, these will increase the value of your home tenfold.

(said to the guys in production) “Is that all? NO?!?!? Are you kidding me? What else could we offer?”

Apparently we’ve lost our minds and gone as for to include a customized Jack White patch, a replica backstage pass sticker AND a poster in this beast of a package. 

You want a custom-designed USB with super-secret extra added bonus materials too? Have at it.

If this package doesn’t make you happy…nothing will. Subscriptions are open now, get yours in before the October 31st deadline.

resizedimage600502-Vault22-webmockup-100

Jack White Live From Bonnaroo setlist:

Icky Thump
High Ball Stepper
Lazaretto
Hotel Yorba
Temporary Ground
Missing Pieces
Steady, As She Goes
Top Yourself
I’m Slowly Turning Into You
Freedom at 21
Three Women
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)
We’re Going to Be Friends
Alone in My Home
Ball and Biscuit
The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)

Encore:
The Hardest Button to Button
Hello Operator
Pipeline (The Chantays)
Misirlou (Dick Dale)
Sixteen Saltines
Cannon
Blue Blood Blues