Mondo Prints

The regular Repo Man Stout prints were around for a while.  I probably could have snagged a regular too after checking out on the GID variant.  I'm glad it was relatively easy for some to be able to snag a Stout print because they're historically some of the hardest to grab.  Also, Un Prophete was easy as well during the surprise drop when the Taylor gallery extras were posted online.

Really? How long were the stouts up? I work at a restaurant and we don't get lunches so I couldn't sit for an hour refreshing. I just kept checking every few minutes and just got lucky.

A couple minutes for the regular, which is very slow in Stout time.  The GID variant was gone in seconds.

On EB people didn't seem to like it as much, so I guess they were slower to pull the trigger.

I'd say that there are a good deal of EB'ers that purposely flame on a poster they know is gonna be a hot seller, to try and drive off some competition.  The Mondo thread on EB has added about 20 pages worth of discussion today alone and probably only a handful of those posts are in relation to Jay Shaw's print...

Whether you like the print or not, it's Stout and well... Stout is and always will be Stout in that community.

I'm not a huge Stout fan but I really dig that repo man print. Love that movie.

I like the print, don't LOVE it.  So seeing what the GID part is all about will make or break this print for me.  If I don't LOVE it, I'll probably throw it up here for someone at cost or potential trade...

So, I'm pretty new to the Mondo stuff, and have just been following them on twitter for updates of when their posters go on sale. I've seen a few of you guys mention "surprise drops." Are those just unexpected posters that go up when announced posters do, or are they posters that are secretly put up on their website without any announcement?

That Horkey "Canus Dirus" looks awesome, by the way.