Someone press The Fountain Soundtrack

too bad the label (nonsuch) has a rule to not license their releases to third party labels. Theres a bunch of stuff including this which ive tried to license from them but always the same answer.  Unless they end up reissuing themselves then seems like a real long shot from what ive been told

too bad the label (nonsuch) has a rule to not license their releases to third party labels. Theres a bunch of stuff including this which ive tried to license from them but always the same answer.  Unless they end up reissuing themselves then seems like a real long shot from what ive been told

I expect it will be a nonesuch release.  Mogwai also posted before that this is happening.

• 1 month later...

It's also a beautiful thing that the film was delayed so much by production cuts that Darren was humbled, but persistent. His patience and devotion paid off with a masterpiece. Had he gotten his original 100 million dollar budget, this could have been his Noah and we wouldn't even be talking about it now. Glad that never happened though.

I just.- I can't anymore. More teasing on Clint's twitter.

This will happen soon, I can feel it.

This whole experience called The Fountain.

There never was anything as emotionally demanding on film for me. One of my all time favorites, hands down.

I will flip my shit, cry, maybe die when it happens. It will be so awesome.

I don't even care about the color, though these mock-ups are really gorgeous. Just scrap the text. Those pictures speak for themselves.

Fingers crossed for an announcement and release until Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I was very behind on this.  I wanted to see the movie, never got around to it, I know: I fail. 

The wednesday before Thanksgiving, I took the day off, as we were heading into Orlando to see Anbelin's final performance.  Like most days off, I couldn't sleep past the normal time I wake daily. So I got up, and finally watched this movie. 

It was impressive, beautiful, moving, and I was changed. The soundtrack, in addition to the movie itself, is phenomenal, and I would LOVE to own this, despite not really being a "soundtrack guy".  I hope to see this pressed.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

• 4 weeks later...

I...

am just getting into vinyl collecting. Just read a thing on Sequart.org about The Fountain graphic novel and thought, "God, that was a great movie with an even greater soundtrack. I bet that would sound incredible on vinyl. Does that exist?" Looks like I found the right thread.

Created an account because I'm desperate to know.

If you want to keep your sanity about this matter, don't ask about or mention this on twitter.

Clint Mansell will simply torture you with hopeful retweets.

Basically if "fountaining" were a thing, then that's what he's doing by retweeting all these vinyl pressing remarks.

..I can't bear it. but then again I don't want him to stop doing it.

Slick, genius bastard.

• 3 months later...