Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

The urban outfitters I go to sometimes has the worst vinyl storage. Almost every record has messed up edges and while I was looking through them, two records fell on the floor through a crack on the shelf because they jammed the records in so tight it was pushing the shelf out leaving space

I found the White Stripes Elephant 2LP reissue at Urban that looked like it was attacked by wolves. Corners dull, shrink wrap falling off. So I ordered it online through an employee at the store.

A week later, I open my package and inside is an even more destroyed copy of the record. I called their customer support and told them I wanted a replacement and specified I wanted a copy from their werehouse and not a copy from another store. The lady on the phone knew exactly what I meant and put in a "quality control" request for them to find a new, non-ravaged copy. That came the next week and it was pristine.

Always order from their online store from an employee and request they send a werehouse copy and NOT a copy from a different location.

I hate UO when it comes to their vinyl. I have one location near me that opens every record and only leaves the jackets out on the sales floor. They said they do this to help prevent theft but they remove the plastic wrap completely and so the jackets get all screwed up, not to mention most download cards are missing. When you go to pick up the LPs behind the counter, they have them stored on a box and sticky notes on them letting the sales rep know what record is in what sleeve. Who knows how damaged these records are since they are laying on top of one another and weigh a ton. :( To top it all off, they still charge you full price even though the records are clearly no longer in new shape. Needless to say I no longer go to that location because it hurts to see so many records being treated like that. 

I saw a ton of these in San Diego at multiple locations for like 9.99, is this sold out or something? I bought mine from Mexican Summer a while back

Can you let me know if they have any left? If the sale is this weekend it means there will be multiples. Urban Outfitters had the random colored vinyl. I'd easily take 2 or 3 copies in hopes that one of them actually looks cool. I bought a copy online and was highly disappointed because my colored copy looks just like black vinyl with a couple minor spots of white marbling.

Can you let me know if they have any left? If the sale is this weekend it means there will be multiples. Urban Outfitters had the random colored vinyl. I'd easily take 2 or 3 copies in hopes that one of them actually looks cool. I bought a copy online and was highly disappointed because my colored copy looks just like black vinyl with a couple minor spots of white marbling.

Go to your local UO and walk up to the counter and ask to make an online order of the record. They'll honor the $5 double sale price and you can order 3 or 4 for $15-20 plus tax and free shipping to your address!

Otherwise, I have a copy but I'm looking for $15 for it. Definitely do the in store order and get a few copies so you can get a better chance at a cool color for mad cheap.

Go to your local UO and walk up to the counter and ask to make an online order of the record. They'll honor the $5 double sale price and you can order 3 or 4 for $15-20 plus tax and free shipping to your address!

Otherwise, I have a copy but I'm looking for $15 for it. Definitely do the in store order and get a few copies so you can get a better chance at a cool color for mad cheap.

The online code doesn't specify whether it's colored or not. What color do you have?

Went in today to buy the Titus Andronicus album because I had seen it on the shelf. It rung up at $0.10 which clearly means it couldn't be sold to me. I'm bummed because I would have paid the $5-10 for it for sure.

They never even marked it as clearance....

You just need to tell them it was on clearance for 9.99. They can manually adjust it, then you'll get the half off. They did that for superchunk, Jesus and Mary Chain and The Hold Steady for me yesterday.

You just need to tell them it was on clearance for 9.99. They can manually adjust it, then you'll get the half off. They did that for superchunk, Jesus and Mary Chain and The Hold Steady for me yesterday.

I asked if they would price override it to the most recent clearance price and they said they couldn't. I get it, they probably aren't supposed to. And I didn't really need the album, just thought I'd pick it up if it was cheap.

Also, word to the deal hunters. The Urban in my mall has been doing a promotion off and on where if you buy a gift card, you get an additional $20 gift card for free. And there is no minimum amount for the initial gift card.

Tl;dr $21 gift card for $1.

• 3 weeks later...

I got awesome deal at a Chicago UO over NYE weekend. I grabbed Minus Th Bear - Infinity Overhead Deluxe LP+CD for only $20. It's pretty cool. It came bound as hard cover 16 page lyric book with a lithograph autographed by the band members. It was originally $80 marked down to $40 and then half off that. There is one more copy there if anyone lives near the UO near Millennium Park

I got awesome deal at a Chicago UO over NYE weekend. I grabbed Minus Th Bear - Infinity Overhead Deluxe LP+CD for only $20. It's pretty cool. It came bound as hard cover 16 page lyric book with a lithograph autographed by the band members. It was originally $80 marked down to $40 and then half off that. There is one more copy there if anyone lives near the UO near Millennium Park

damb, that's a great great deal. I may have to make a trip to my local UO tomorrow and see if they have anyhing good on sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Got some good deals at UO today but I thought this was pretty funny.

They had an opened copy of Like Clockwork and the inner sleeves were scattered around on the shelves. Its a 2xLP album and they had one of the discs, just by itself in the inner sleeve, being sold for $29. Only at UO

2rx8axu.jpg

Got some good deals at UO today but I thought this was pretty funny.

They had an opened copy of Like Clockwork and the inner sleeves were scattered around on the shelves. Its a 2xLP album and they had one of the discs, just by itself in the inner sleeve, being sold for $29. Only at UO

2rx8axu.jpg

lol at my local Urban they have a beat up bootleg copy of m b v for almost 50 bucks.