CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

Yeah, I get it, its been a long wait. But with every label and band posting about the delays the plants are having you'd think people would get a clue. RFC even made a damn video and I still saw people saying "RFC is slipping lately, I ordered this X weeks ago."

Yeah people are annoying as shit, but to be fair the video isn't about the vinyl being delayed, its about us getting one million orders in a month and not being able to send them out as quickly as we'd like.

People take vinyl way too seriously. Collecting shit isn't a rebellion nor is it the start of a revolution. It's consumerism that's comforting. The level of entitlement that I've seen around here since the delays really kicked in make me sick in ways I can't even begin to describe. It's largely why I've shied away from this place. If you are so damn impatient go volunteer somewhere to pass the time and feel good about yourself in the process.

Yeah well, to be fair, you made a fucking video for people. I can imagine the frustration.

Haha yeah. We sent this huge email out to everyone waiting on an order with a 5 paragraph explanation of why the hurricane was backing up mail, why moving our offices was slowing us down, and why getting 4,000 orders in a month was a lot to deal with, and most people just responded to it a week later saying "WHY DONT I HAVE MY ORDER YET.' It's like well...did you read the email you just responded to, that says to be patient because your order is coming? We've also doubled our staff in the last week and have been moving a few hundred orders a day - no one gives a shit.

People take vinyl way too seriously. Collecting shit isn't a rebellion nor is it the start of a revolution. It's consumerism that's comforting. The level of entitlement that I've seen around here since the delays really kicked in make me sick in ways I can't even begin to describe. It's largely why I've shied away from this place. If you are so damn impatient go volunteer somewhere to pass the time and feel good about yourself in the process.

Younger people to be exact. I know I've said it before, and surely those who know me are sick of me saying it, but anyone in the 30+ years of age range who has been into records since late 80's and early 90's are accustomed and OK with delays.

Back in the day sometimes it took months on end to get your record after mailing out payment to the label from the order form in their catalog or zine. Months would pass and you got your record. There was no pre-order nonsense or message boards to bitch and moan on and none of the bullshit we see 24/7 here from some of these people.

What annoys me most is the incessant bitching and moaning even after countless updates from the label(s) about the delays. At least we are being given updates as often as possible instead of complete silence. And how about the people talking shit and calling The Beatles the worst band ever as I've seen on other boards? Really? What does their recorded output and impact in pop music culture have anything to do with recording plant delays? Mofos please!

Younger people to be exact. I know I've said it before, and surely those who know me are sick of me saying it, but anyone in the 30+ years of age range who has been into records since late 80's and early 90's are accustomed and OK with delays.

Back in the day sometimes it took months on end to get your record after mailing out payment to the label from the order form in their catalog or zine. Months would pass and you got your record. There was no pre-order nonsense or message boards to bitch and moan on and none of the bullshit we see 24/7 here from some of these people.

What annoys me most is the incessant bitching and moaning even after countless updates from the label(s) about the delays. At least we are being given updates as often as possible instead of complete silence. And how about the people talking shit and calling The Beatles the worst band ever as I've seen on other boards? Really? What does their recorded output and impact in pop music culture have anything to do with recording plant delays? Mofos please!

This this this. Except I'm 28, not in my 30's yet.