PO: Anberlin "Vital"

mmhmm

And for anyone who follows Anberlin, they'll know there is supposed to be a deluxe edition with bonus tracks, and possibly a documentary. Not sure what's up with these packages...I ended up pulling the trigger on one of the lowest packages simply because I was pretty sure I caught it early enough to be one of the first 50 preorders (bonus t-shirt). But man, I had a tough time deciding which one of those t-shirts was the least cringe-worthy.

I wonder if 300 people are actually going to order that $65 package ($75 with vinyl instead of CD option)...heck, I'm wondering if 50 people are going to order that $175 package, even. Having handwritten lyrics and a canvas print that says "Vital" is kinda cool I guess, but given that there will be 5 copies of each Vital song handwritten, it just doesn't seem as unique/special to me.

Plus, that $175 package is essentially forcing you to buy the drummer's $40 photo book lolol.

this album is very good, it borrows a lot from Cities, Never Take Friendship Personal, and Dark is the Way, it's more aggressive than the last album and it's fairly dark in some parts. I think those who were disappointed with the band's last two releases will be really stoked on this album.

anyways, the 175 dollar preorder is cool, but I don't want to drop 175 bucks, weird vinyl option being 2x10" will wait to see if any other retailers get something different or better

people are hating on New Surrender and Dark Is The Way Light Is A Place? Anberlin is one of my favorite bands and i enjoy their whole catalog....every album brings something different than the previous one.

I don't see any hating going on in this thread...but maybe there will be now that you brought up the subject of New Surrender. Nice going :P

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the vinyl... not sure how I feel about the 2x10", but I'm a big fan of Anberlin so this is a no-brainer. Briefly considered the $175 package but that was only for the lyrics sheet. As much as I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have a framed, hand-written lyrics sheet on my wall, I can't justify the money.

Maybe someday.

Briefly considered the $175 package but that was only for the lyrics sheet. As much as I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have a framed, hand-written lyrics sheet on my wall, I can't justify the money.

you can still have a framed hand written lyric sheet on your wall for less than $175

odds are they will be photocopies anyway