HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

To be honest this is the deal... I wish it would happen more often.  I'm happy if they make profit.  They should make profit because you need some numbers and upfront cash to buy the rights/acquire masters to make a proper record release.  If this leads to Local H, Far, Fiona Apple, Cake, Finch, Schnittke, Reel Big Fish, etc albums that are non-existent on LP existing, I will be extremely pleased.

I also like that I can get what will likely be a better sounding copy of the record at a fraction of the 'collectors' price of an original pressing.

They can

me all they want.

Fillet Show and Electra 2000 were both pressed.

I know Electra was, but didn't know about Fillet.  I thought it was only put out on CD and cassette (the label also notes this: http://www.twelveinchrecords.com/history/).  You have any info on a vinyl press?  Regardless, neither are easy to get reasonably priced, so represses would be more than welcome.

I know Electra was, but didn't know about Fillet. I thought it was only put out on CD and cassette (the label also notes this: http://www.twelveinchrecords.com/history/). You have any info on a vinyl press? Regardless, neither are easy to get reasonably priced, so represses would be more than welcome.

http://www.h-u-m.net/albums/index.php

Read it here. They site owner seems to know his stuff and he knows the band so I assumed it was legit. ? Hope they repress whatever

yeah, I know he's in with the band, so that is interesting.  Strange though that the label doesn't acknowledge it.  I wonder if this was licensed out to someone else, or is a boot.

http://www.h-u-m.net/albums/index.php

Read it here. They site owner seems to know his stuff and he knows the band so I assumed it was legit. ? Hope they repress whatever

Fillet Show was only released on CD and cassette. No vinyl version. I'm sure you can send Matt Talbott an email and he'll tell you the same.

Plus the label owner says this on his site:

I’m not sure why we called the label Twelve Inch Records since the first six releases weren’t released on 12″ vinyl either. I guess it was supposed to be ironic.

It is not! Sony provided a master they had done for vinyl and the lacquers were cut at Lucky. We heard the reference yesterday and it sounded really good! Not sure what the original sounded like so I cant compare.

Somebody asked if it was CD sourced and that was their response.

A little late but I think it's really silly that people will pay $20 for a single LP but think $40 for a double LP is gouging when a double LP is two single LPs slapped together.

Also huge lol at anyone who cries about "markup" with a major label release. RCA is a business, and they sell records to make their money. Not everyone can (or wants to) get by selling $3.75 7"s and $8 LPs.

Not for nothing, but I'm pretty positive that a few months from now when I'm hearing Little Dipper on wax for the first time, the absolute last thing on my mind will be how much I paid to do so.  I think $22 is a little steep, but I wanted it so I bought it.  Seems pretty simple to me...

I'm jumping on the wagon for being sick of people griping about price. The only way to own this before was to wait for it to pop up on eBay and shell out $120+, or over 200 for the green OP, IF you won the auction. Not that it makes higher prices ok, but that being out of the general public's control it's not so bad in the scheme of things. I traded of a copy of Deloused about a year ago for an original press. Had I known it was being repressed I gladly would've waited and paid a mere $22 in opposition.

• 2 weeks later...