Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

User "jmp" is a rip-off. Bought a couple of records from him in August. After two months of waiting (I'm aware that shipping overseas can take a little longer and I don't mind waiting as long as I get the records.) I contacted him and got a lame ass excuse why I hadn't received the records yet. Been waiting for another two months - nothing. Haven't received any answers to messages either. Fuck this guy.

I too got a great deal from jmp back in June (I believe) and he was solid. Sucks if he flaked.

stay away from ebay user: kait_estrella

stay away from deadformat user: mkestrella

I believe it is a husband/wife. I paid them for two LP's 3 weeks ago, still haven't shipped it. He said he did, and that it's just the holidays. Funny, because I have ordered records from the east coast (I'm in Cali) as recently as the 9th of this month and I already have them in my hands. Refuses to give a tracking number. Thankfully I didn't pay as a gift like he asked me to.

When I asked about this, he was a fucking rude prick. I just opened a claim.

Ok guys omfgitsnoicholas sent out my records and sent a letter explaining why it took him so long and what not, he shipped a few extra LPs for my troubles. He semmed sincere in his note and apologetic.. Happy I got my records and I have no hard feelings. If you guys haven't got your stuff I assume you will sometime soon.

spoiledliver is inattentive to his PMs, and an overall poor communicator. Sold records that he said he would sell me to other people, not once, but twice. It is irritating that I missed out on shit I wanted more than once, considering the prices were incredibly reasonable. 

Ok guys omfgitsnoicholas sent out my records and sent a letter explaining why it took him so long and what not, he shipped a few extra LPs for my troubles. He semmed sincere in his note and apologetic.. Happy I got my records and I have no hard feelings. If you guys haven't got your stuff I assume you will sometime soon.

i bet i wont, has he responded to you on here at all? also what did that note say?

• 3 weeks later...

How long does everyone wait to file a claim for via paypal & leave shitty service feedback from the time you order from someone on here and haven't received what you paid for?

I would chase the seller on here for a couple of times with a friendly PM usually within 20days* from payment. If there is no response I would send a PM again and also an email to the Paypal address to notify them of your intent to file a dispute if you don't hear back within 48hrs. Then if you don't hear back file a dispute. That usually resolves a lot of issues straight away. Then follow Paypal guidelines on timings to escalate to a claim. If you have to escalate to a claim I would leave negative fb. Otherwise see how seller resolves it.

*I live in the UK and 20days is double the average shipping time. In the US you need to work onyour gut feel of what is reasonable, but from what friends of mine say they get shirty after 10-12 days in the US

breathingxfire on ebay. Avoid this guy. 

I got a good deal on an LP and I'm guessing he didn't like the price it sold for because now he is leading me on with shipping saying its been sent. Well we're both in Canada. It doesn't take more than two weeks to ship anything within Canada.

I've contacted him and called him out on bad feedback he had previously and how it seems to be a repeat of another transaction in which he didn't get the money he wanted so he never sent the item. He has now gotten arrogant stating I should have looked at his negative feedback before I purchased (which is true). Paypal dispute is open.

First shitty ebay experience in a long time.  

UPDATE: Sent paypal claim and 15 minutes later I had a payment from him in my paypal account. Not a refund. He said I can keep the money and the record once it shows up... I highly doubt it's going to. If it does I'll send him the money back. I was never trying to get free record. 

How long does everyone wait to file a claim for via paypal & leave shitty service feedback from the time you order from someone on here and haven't received what you paid for?

Contact them after two weeks if you haven't heard anything. Contact again a week after. File a claim a week after. A week after the claim you should get your money back. At that time leave them shitty feedback.

Here I will write what I disliked about Montauk123 and I will write what I liked about him in the "Awesome..." thread.

Montauk123:

- Sent him the money for a record on December 20 (was hoping to get it as a late xmas present for a friend, wasn't expecting it to be here by xmas)

- He didn't ship it until January 14

I undertand that there are things that stop us from taking care of our responsibilities during the holidays and life in general, but that was 24 days from sale to shipment... I imagine that most of here on the board wouldn't enjoy something like this...

tms2787 

not a horrible guy, but when i post "offer" next to the title, send an offer.

"hey is this still available"
"yeah shoot me an offer"
"i don't do that, shoot me an offer"

just kind of agitated me.  i am a reasonable person, but hey, i have the record and your interested, so send me an offer like i asked.

adammuzzy

I don't get this fucking dude. Won 2 records off eBay from him and bought an additional one from him on here. Sent it out super quick with no problem. Messaged me a few weeks after that asking if I wanted to buy his last 2 Hope Con/Suicide File 7"s cheap since they were easiest variants and still havent received them or even gotten a response. Its been over a month. Has over 1,300 comments and was pretty active. Only $12 but still...

tms2787 

"yeah shoot me an offer"

just kind of agitated me.  i am a reasonable person, but hey, i have the record and your interested, so send me an offer like i asked.

He just wants to know how much you want for it. No need to post his name here.

tms2787 

"yeah shoot me an offer"

Shit like this doesn't warrant their name being dragged through the mud in a thread about thieves, con-artists and fuckheads. Don't be a dick.   

Guest tms2787

tms2787 

"yeah shoot me an offer"

He just wants to know how much you want for it. No need to post his name here.

Shit like this doesn't warrant their name being dragged through the mud in a thread about thieves, con-artists and fuckheads. Don't be a dick.   

I saw that malonekw posted that a few days ago and I made sure to call him out on it over a PM. I just want to state my case because I thought it was bullshit that he posted that. While I may have been a member on this forum/board for a little while, I just recently started to get really involved. I have already reached out on multiple releases to help out me who would miss out/couldn't get a release (FOB - FTUCT; Koji 7") and I am just trying to make deals and help as I can. I am not some n00b to this stuff, I have been buy records for a years but mostly brick & mortar, online shops and eBay. Also, I am pretty big into sneakers so I have more that enough experience with buying, selling, and trading over on this forums/marketplaces and at sneaker shows I always want to know what a seller is thinking first before I offer as to not offend them and lowball them. Because my first insticit when someone sake "offer" I am going to say "$35!" for a $100+ record or shoe and that's a dick move on my part so I just try to be civil and make good transactions and this is is the first time in years it has gotten under ones skin. It's not like I said I'd pay and then flaked on the guy. So, sorry but I'm not sorry. Hope everyone else understands. And thanks to Classic Moonbeans and nothingnatural for backing me!

while i despise people who can't follow simple directions [i.e. asking how much when the seller says make an offer. or this case the buyer having the gall to say make ME an offer (look at my sig ;))] there is no need to throw someone's name in this thread for that reason. no money and no records exchanged hands so there are no legitimate grievances, just a cry baby with a sandy vagina.

wow, like my post read, i said the poster was NOT A HORRIBLE GUY. its just frustrating when you have a large sale thread and ask for offers and you log in to 50 messages asking "how much for blank, blank, and black"

my only gripe with him that separated him from all the others was that after asking for an offer in my thread and asking for an offer in a PM he continued to ask me for an offering price after specifying to again, shoot me an offer.

if you read what i wrote, i think 99% of the posters here would still do business with him.

me and tms talked it out. its fine. however, when someone post 250+ records, i don't want to do all the research myself for each record. if you are interested shoot an offer. i'm not looking for ebay prices, i'd just like a number so i don't have to price each record myself.

its pretty easy to be a bad trader and seller for obvious reasons. however; there is very few ways to be bad buyer and in this sense, i think its an example of being one. no problem with anyone disagreeing with me and like i said, not a terrible guy, just (from a sellers standpoint) difficult to deal with with a large lot.

Don't deal with 2013alois2013 on eBay.  Also known as 2012alois2012, 2010alois2010 and probably 2014alois2014 upcoming.

alois lutz

11 hester street

Little Ferry, NJ 07643

He is a scam artist.  Look at his recent feedback:

He pays for records with eCheck then after the check clears and the item has shipped, he tells the bank it was an unauthorized transaction.  The bank gets the money back from PayPal and the seller hopefully has tracking info so they can get the money in their account back.  If not, you're fucked and this guy is laughing as he plays your prized vinyl.