Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

guyremix will not honor an agreement made to buy a record, and will take his money back at the last second, regardless of how shitty of shape it leaves you financially, and no matter how much it will affect other people.

I order an extra SPirited Away copy of the Studio Ghibli mondo release because I knew there would be some international board members who would want it. My plan was to sell at cost to reserve the record (pay then), and get an exact quote on shipping and get that money once it came in. I do this because I do not want to hold onto shipping money indefinitely due to the state of my finances at this time. Things happen, and I need to utilize my paypal balance, and leading up to my receiving the copies of the Mondo releases, that is exactly what happened.

I was down to $1.54 when out of nowhere, I'm told he will be going back on our agreement because all of a sudden there is a UK retailer that he can order from and since he's waited so long like the rest of us, he doesn't feel like waiting longer and by ordering it from the guy in the UK, he only has to wait a few days more for it to arrive. This puts me in the awesome position of being overdrafted in my paypal account by $32, and unable to send out the other two packages I need to send out even if the other people I bought copies for sent me the money.

So yeah, guyremix is dishonorable, and really kind of a prick. I'm told it's not his problem I don't have the money anymore. No, but he is the one who has put me in this unenviable position.

Don't sell him shit.

guyremix will not honor an agreement made to buy a record, and will take his money back at the last second, regardless of how shitty of shape it leaves you financially, and no matter how much it will affect other people.

I order an extra SPirited Away copy of the Studio Ghibli mondo release because I knew there would be some international board members who would want it. My plan was to sell at cost to reserve the record (pay then), and get an exact quote on shipping and get that money once it came in. I do this because I do not want to hold onto shipping money indefinitely due to the state of my finances at this time. Things happen, and I need to utilize my paypal balance, and leading up to my receiving the copies of the Mondo releases, that is exactly what happened.

I was down to $1.54 when out of nowhere, I'm told he will be going back on our agreement because all of a sudden there is a UK retailer that he can order from and since he's waited so long like the rest of us, he doesn't feel like waiting longer and by ordering it from the guy in the UK, he only has to wait a few days more for it to arrive. This puts me in the awesome position of being overdrafted in my paypal account by $32, and unable to send out the other two packages I need to send out even if the other people I bought copies for sent me the money.

So yeah, guyremix is dishonorable, and really kind of a prick. I'm told it's not his problem I don't have the money anymore. No, but he is the one who has put me in this unenviable position.

Don't sell him shit.

It sucks that he backed out on your agreement, but I'm not sure it makes him a terrible buyer. It's probably a sign you should only accept money for something when you have it on hand and ready to ship. You still ended up spending the money he gave you for a record that you hadn't received or shipped out yet.

With the way retailers operate (and I understand you're not a retailer) a lot of people have gotten used to being able to cancel a pre-order before it ships, and I feel it's a buyers prerogative to do so. But that's just my opinion.

The agreement was that I use his money to get it for him because these were originally US/Canada only. I did so at cost. I'm not making anything on this, even as I sold it to someone else. (Sold it for the $33.50 plus four bucks to ship in the US.)

Someone selling here isn't amazon. You honor your agreements here. You can be used to doing things the way amazon does it, but understand that the labels like mondo, who have been notoriously slow, are just that. You had to wait? So did everyone else. You're not a special snowflake in that regard.

Well like I said I see where you're coming from, I'm just usually willing to accommodate buyers in the event they change their mind and I haven't shipped the item out yet. But agree to disagree.

If it helps you out, I'll be happy to buy it off of you for cost when you receive it if you haven't already made other arrangements for it.

It sucks that he backed out on your agreement, but I'm not sure it makes him a terrible buyer. 

It absolutely makes him a terrible buyer. And I'll bet there's a lot of people on here not based in the U.S. that would agree. I buy records and ship them internationally to people all the time. It takes up some of my time and resources and I ask for zero compensation in return. Sometimes I wonder why the hell I even bother, especially when there are issues like when the records show up damaged to me and I have to resolve it. 

But then the recipient is always so appreciative and grateful to save a good chunk of money on shipping. Plus, I have others that do the same for me in other countries on the few occasions it is necessary. I'd never back out once I put someone else on the hook for the cost. Ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't sell/deal with the cat:

[email protected]

eBay name is: redcasualties 

This dude kept my funds in a headlock while opening a case on eBay the very hour he received the item, didn't even message me, never sent photographs through eBay, told him countless times to return the item, instead he demanded partial refund. Don't waste your time with this clown, he will choke your funds out while keeping your record. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can we call out flaky people in this thread? Three newer users messaged me on here, i held the records for them since they were first and i had other people interested, and now i've lost sales waiting for them to send payment "in a couple of days."

Can we call out flaky people in this thread? Three newer users messaged me on here, i held the records for them since they were first and i had other people interested, and now i've lost sales waiting for them to send payment "in a couple of days."

Well, you know how it is. Unless they have scammed you, it is hard to call them out. Only because it is 3 people at the same time, which makes this accumulatively worse, does not mean that they all have conspired to mess you around. Some people are shit with their finances but still want to "reserve"  a record before someone else. I'd give them a timeframe by when you want to have this concluded and after which you put these back into the sale bin. So unless they act like d*cks or do one of the classic scam artistry I would not call them out. IMHO

Don't buy from Eddie Krankowski. We worked out a deal for his copy of Underoath's TOCS. I paid the kid on the 24th of October. All I heard was "I'll send it out tomorrow" or "I've been away for a few days" over a two week span. Clearly by his outstanding amount of tweets per hour and facebook posts, he has more than enough time to ship something out. Now for the past week he won't respond to messages on here, facebook, or to the paypal claim that I put in against him. Beware of this kid.

Don't buy from Eddie Krankowski. We worked out a deal for his copy of Underoath's TOCS. I paid the kid on the 24th of October. All I heard was "I'll send it out tomorrow" or "I've been away for a few days" over a two week span. Clearly by his outstanding amount of tweets per hour and facebook posts, he has more than enough time to ship something out. Now for the past week he won't respond to messages on here, facebook, or to the paypal claim that I put in against him. Beware of this kid.

Dealing with the same nonsense right now. First time I've ever had to deal with this in a year and a half of collecting.

It's only $10, but I'm getting ready to file a claim.

Dealing with the same nonsense right now. First time I've ever had to deal with this in a year and a half of collecting.

It's only $10, but I'm getting ready to file a claim.

File it. He's avoiding all messages (on different sites). I think it's a case of someone selling something that they don't own.

Well, you know how it is. Unless they have scammed you, it is hard to call them out. Only because it is 3 people at the same time, which makes this accumulatively worse, does not mean that they all have conspired to mess you around. Some people are shit with their finances but still want to "reserve"  a record before someone else. I'd give them a timeframe by when you want to have this concluded and after which you put these back into the sale bin. So unless they act like d*cks or do one of the classic scam artistry I would not call them out. IMHO

Yeah, i just re-listed all of the records. I just happen to expect people to follow through and handle themselves with integrity. None of them even messaged me to say they were no longer interested or anything. Whatever.

I bought TSSF's What You Don't See on watermelon splatter from him, then he later messages me and says he made a mistake and doesn't own that variant, he owns the purple/white one. He asked if I wanted him to just send me that one or he would refund me. I asked for the refund and the same day it was back in my PayPal account. Not sure why he's avoiding your guys' messages but that is super sketchy.

Got some problems of my own at the moment. Recently bought TSSF's WYWS on Green from a member, and he agreed to ship it out the next day after I paid. Well each day after that he kept making excuses as to why he couldn't get it out. He finally says he found time to ship it but "didn't have the receipt on him" but would send me the tracking number later that night. I told him that was cool and no worries. Well he never got back to me, and now he's just ignoring my messages altogether. Seems extremely sketchy to me. Is it safe to say I'm in the process of being scammed out of $80? Normally I wouldn't even be thinking about coming here but $80 is a lot of money for a record, so I'm being cautious with this one. Beware when buying from him.

I have found recently the amount of scammers have increased dramatically. I am being scammed as we speak, but it appears that Paypal disputes are focussing dodgy sellers' attention some what so I am going down that route as early as possible when things seem fishy. It is not the same as a claim so the seller can walk out with reputation intact, but it certainly helps getting the responses that are otherwise slow to come...

Funny though, that still excuses are made like "I have a really bad post office" or "I posted it but they have not scanned it yet so it only says electronic shipping notification in tracking". Lame.