VC's Best Represses of the 2012 (you decide!)

Hey kids,

For the blog side of VC, I want to do something cool, mainly create a top albums of the year list as chosen by you.

Here's how it will be done, for the next week post your submissions for your top 5 favorite represses of this year into this thread. Any genre is permitted.

I'll comb through this thread next Tuesday, pick out the titles that repeat the most, and create a poll to decide on the final choices.

Additionally, I'll be asking you guys to contribute blurbs on why these represses are the best this year. More on this later.

Only one rule - the records MUST have been released this year.

Sleep - Dopesmoker

Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers - L.A.M.F. (Lost '77 mixes)

Youth of Today - Break Down the Walls

Cobalt - Gin

David Lynch/Alan R. Splet - Eraserhead Original Soundtrack

...Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon....", Smoking Popes "Born To Quit", and Superdrag's "Regretfully Yours" may have been in the top 5... but they are not in my possession as of yet. So there.

Some other dazzling metal/punk reissues came out this year as well... too many to mention.

Although some may not consider Cobalt's Gin a repress... it was originally issued in 2009 on cd. Margot & The Nukes "Dust of Retreat", Empire Records Soundtrack, and Goldenboy "Blue Swan Orchestra" also fall in this category... if you will, and definitely deserve a plug for fave repress.

And lastly, Mondo's repress of "The Beyond" soundtrack... and ALL the Death Waltz soundtracks.

Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants & Jacket (MTS version) LOL

No, but seriously... (in order of best packaging/service/overall)

Right Away Great Captain! - RAGC Trilogy

Dustin Kensrue - Please Come Home

Pedro The Lion - All (Box Set)

Something Corporate - Leaving Through the Window

Thrice - All 3 (Illusion, Vheissu, & Artist)

Say Anything - ...Is A Real Boy

Underoath - Both

As Cities Burn - SILYAYD

And if we're going to do a best of for represses/pressing of old albums I definitely am giving a shout out to Enjoy the Ride and SRC for putting out some of my favorite bands this year and having great customer service. Travis gets a shout out too for consistently pushing for good records for HT to carry (like Thrice).

our stats say otherwise.

I'm going to guess the blog is a slightly different user group than the forum. So it might be accurate to say not many forum members read the blog, which could also be inaccurate, but makes more sense to me.

I don't have a favorite repress. I love them all equally. Except Music On Vinyl. Too espensive.