1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good Morning all, I'm kinda hung over I drank my face off last night. Had a nice intimate celebration with my parents and my best friend, ate ribeyes, scalloped potatoes and green beans and watched the Giants game, it was a good game but those fucking Red Sox came out ahead (damn you Ryan!). Had cocktails and smoked a b-day joint with everyone. My buddy gave me an old UK pressing of "Raw Power" so now I finally have some Iggy in my collection again (ex took the first Stooges album, it was just a sundazed reissue though). I got a Fit Bit from my sister, I guess I should try to figure out how to use this thing. I would call it a good Birthday, sorry I didn't go to Chipotle I didn't even leave the house after I got home from the gym.

Sounds like a good birthday!

4 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good Morning all, I'm kinda hung over I drank my face off last night. Had a nice intimate celebration with my parents and my best friend, ate ribeyes, scalloped potatoes and green beans and watched the Giants game, it was a good game but those fucking Red Sox came out ahead (damn you Ryan!). Had cocktails and smoked a b-day joint with everyone. My buddy gave me an old UK pressing of "Raw Power" so now I finally have some Iggy in my collection again (ex took the first Stooges album, it was just a sundazed reissue though). I got a Fit Bit from my sister, I guess I should try to figure out how to use this thing. I would call it a good Birthday, sorry I didn't go to Chipotle I didn't even leave the house after I got home from the gym.

sounds like a good time, and that game was awesome with a great outcome :)

also when you get your fitbit setup, add me!

Edited by KingTacoMunster

18 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I like how SRC told me my order shipped on Sunday. You mean you printed a label cause it's still just sitting there. That's a pretty loose definition of "shipped". Haha. 

KxnVhAF.jpg

That's the worst. Hopefully they don't take a week or two to drop it off, like some labels/people.

I got yelled at by a post office employee once for dropped a package off the day after I printed the label. It was weird.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Any studio recommendations? I'd hate for a live album to be my formal introduction to an artist.

he has 55 studio albums, I really do think the live albums are among the best but "I Walk The Line" , "Man In Black" and The American series (especially 3 and 4, but if you don't like "Hurt" its on 4) are worth hearing

15 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Any studio recommendations? I'd hate for a live album to be my formal introduction to an artist.

Bruh, those two live albums are essential Cash.

If there's a version of Folsom Prison Blues that doesn't start with "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash" then I don't wanna hear it.

16 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

American Recordings (the first one) is my favorite. It's so raw and the lyrics are just so out front. And his choice of covers are perfect on that one as well.

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You know, I find it funny when people don't realize it's a cover but I think he really did make it his own thing. I love the original and knew it before the cover, but it has such a different and strong emotion behind it that I can't truly be mad at it being associated with Johnny Cash.

Agreed. I just get frustrated when he gets credit for it entirely :)

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Weed has funny names.

We were making fun of them at work last night. I remember back when my best friend's little brother was in high school and he always come in like "Yo check this out, just got Super Grape Diesel OG Kush" or some shit and we'd be like "Bruh, this is fucking mids..." It took us awhile to convince him that dumb high school kids just make up shit to charge other dumb kids more money.

Kids these days are a bit more educated and you can just look that shit up now.

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Thanks Charlie.

Bruce, I feel like if I tried to buy any, after not in 10+ years, I'd end up with some dirt shit. It's too fancy, I just want my weed. If only it was as easy as it is out west.

I lucked out completely. When my girlfriend and I decided to start smoking again she was working part time at a tech company staffed almost entirely with kids aged like 22-26. So they were almost all huge stoners and they'd been smoking long enough and made enough money to have access to good shit. If it weren't for those connections we'd probably be sitting around like "Uhhhh....maybe my dad's weird burn out friend would have some?"

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I want to work at a tech company like that. Not for the weed, but I'm sure the rest is nice and laid back and shit. A lot of tech companies have nap rooms. I want a nap room.

They had a nap room, a room full of beanbag chairs with Mario Kart, a soft serve machine, a popcorn machine, and they brought in kegs of local craft beer and provided bottles of wine.

Somehow they ran out of money?

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They had a nap room, a room full of beanbag chairs with Mario Kart, a soft serve machine, a popcorn machine, and they brought in kegs of local craft beer and provided bottles of wine.

Somehow they ran out of money?

That's very common, depending on the tech. Seems like they had their nap room a bit too early.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic