Ok, but not great. They asked me a few weird questions I have not encountered before, and had no clue on. I don't think I'll take it anyway, it's sort of a mess. You rotate between 2 offices on opposite sides of town every 3 weeks, and your schedule rotates ever other day between starting at 7 am and 9am, you're on call 5pm to 7am once a week, and once a month you're on call all weekend. It also involves a lot of driving to satellite office in the area, and I don't like driving. Oh well, it was good experience for panel interviews.

Edited by Thomas³

10 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I just realized that I am down to only 1 incoming record. Feels weird, like others have stated. Hopefully I can get my table back soon, to start spinning more. My back-up table should be functional this weekend, so might need to go buy some new stuff.

Why is the other table taking so long? (If you've already mentioned, I missed it)

I kind of hate this band on the fitbit already it's kind of itchy, all I've done is set it up and wore it for like 5 min so far. I'll give it a go when I go the gym though. Trying to listen to every Sonic Youth album I haven't heard or haven't heard in at least 5 years now since I'm reading the Kim Gordon book so I can connect the stories.

27 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Why is the other table taking so long? (If you've already mentioned, I missed it)

The shop can't get the speed issues resolved, so they are trying some new parts. I told them call me if it needed anything really expensive first, so hopefully it does not come to that because I'd rather just get a new table. Hopefully he'll buy it back if that's the case.

Well, I've basically been supervising my department for the last few months. The actual supervisor is stepping down or being demoted as of today. I have to apply for the job and I don't have high hopes. Maybe half the managers hate me because I don't take their bullshit. The others like me because I don't take bullshit and I do my job well.

16 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Well, I've basically been supervising my department for the last few months. The actual supervisor is stepping down or being demoted as of today. I have to apply for the job and I don't have high hopes. Maybe half the managers hate me because I don't take their bullshit. The others like me because I don't take bullshit and I do my job well.

do it and good luck!

Well, I just bought some new compression shorts finally. I need to retire all my old boxers. I have some pairs that have been around for years. Shit has got to gooooooo.

Fuck. What an unproductive day. My foot is limiting me from getting anything done. How fucking boring. 4 or 5 days of doing jack shit. My god. Save me.

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Sometimes doing nothing for a few days is awesome, but that's usually only in the winter and you're snowed in or something.

I wish I went to the Nothing concert tonight, but my car is fucked and won't make it to Cleveland safely. I need to take it in this weekend.

Yeah, sometimes for sure, but I guess when it's involuntary it can be annoying. Like, I'd love to go skate, or even go to the grocery store, just get out of the house, but I should be icing and elevating my foot. Probably for the best since I'm going to a show on Saturday and will be stage diving all night (to Conditions).

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I hate being cooped up for more than a few hours and just need to get out sometimes. However, every so often I just like to stay home for a few days and not leave my couch. I do it to clear my head when shit gets crazy in there. 

I did use the time to binge watch a fuck ton of TV though. So ...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic