10 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Not to shabby then... excellent stuff. Any other big birthday plans?

Classic albums live is performing Purple Rain, we're gonna get a nice meal and go see that on my birthday, the 17th of November. On the 18th is Steven Wilson, and then on the 19th the lady and I are also going to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. So a few days packed with good stuff. 

Yeah, I hate training people so much. No clue how I ended up the dedicated training, since I don't do anything correctly here, just get it done. I have to get new training soon, since they decided to keep me to support a new system... yay, not what I want.

3 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

morning everyone...this hurrican is a joke

That's gotta be better than the alternative.

Edit: Uh... why did it combine my posts?

Edited by Thomas³

29 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I hate training people so much. No clue how I ended up the dedicated training, since I don't do anything correctly here, just get it done. I have to get new training soon, since they decided to keep me to support a new system... yay, not what I want.

Miracles

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I think their solution to double posts has been to merge posts made by the same user in the same thread made within a certain time frame. I've made and seen some posts where it doubles what was written.

I hate training people so much. We just had a new hire stop showing up after a couple weeks and I'm just like "UGH, we just got this person to the point that they were useful...fuck now we have to do it all again."

To be fair, I didn't see her lasting though. We're by far the busiest and most stressful department in the store. Company wide the deli has a 50% turnover. At both stores I've worked at I've had several people not come back after their first 4 hour shift of "Dont do anything, just watch and ask questions"

Morning all, the moving truck showed up yesterday been without most of our stuff since Saturday so today some of the extended family is coming over to help us unload all the heavy stuff and we can finally start to settle in. The biggest bummer so far is my receiver broke in the move. Worked fine but now it won't turn on, fuse looks good, nothing is black on the board, tried reattaching some stuff but nothing helped so I dropped it off a couple days ago at the repair shop they thought they could fix it but they are backed up and it might be another few days so no record listening for me still

33 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I think their solution to double posts has been to merge posts made by the same user in the same thread made within a certain time frame. I've made and seen some posts where it doubles what was written.

I hate training people so much. We just had a new hire stop showing up after a couple weeks and I'm just like "UGH, we just got this person to the point that they were useful...fuck now we have to do it all again."

To be fair, I didn't see her lasting though. We're by far the busiest and most stressful department in the store. Company wide the deli has a 50% turnover. At both stores I've worked at I've had several people not come back after their first 4 hour shift of "Dont do anything, just watch and ask questions"

Weird. That makes sense though.

I don't think this kid will last either, he's not the brightest kid I've ever met. He retains nothing, and just plays on his phone the entire time. I feel kinda bad, since this job only has 1 year left max. A few of us are getting moved to the new software to take care of company only stuff, while the company making the new software is doing the main support. Weird the company went with a software company in the UK to do it, so our stores will be talking to people in the UK for support. Not sure if our Hawaii stores will ever get to talk to anyone with the time difference.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've had a full week of not doing anything at work...which stresses me out more than when we're busy and makes the day go by soooo...sloowwwwwwly. Thankfully I'm off Friday and then I start at the new place Monday and apparently it's non-stop over there.

There is nothing worse then doing nothing at work, it makes the day go by so slow. The last 2 weeks of training was just me listening to the new kids phone calls all day and it was terrible. Good luck on the new job!

3 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning peoples.

Morning sir. Hope this month is good to you!

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning all. Finally done with training, so I'm back at my computer.

Morning T3. Not sure which of those two sounds worse. Having to repeat stuff to someone, or being back to dealing with idiots on the phone...

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

morning everyone...this hurrican is a joke

Looks like rain, smells like rain... No rain. I'm coming to your place for canned ravioli and pop tarts!

3 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Not to shabby then... excellent stuff. Any other big birthday plans?

I know I wasn't being asked, but my birthday is coming up too. I always hate actually doing anything, and I think I am actually just going to do nothing all day. The entire week before is the week that I have a show almost every day (plus a movie and then a concert one night) so by Saturday I'll probably be dead. Sleep late, get up and go play nerd cards, and maybe go get dinner or something if I feel like getting out. I doubt any of my friends remember/care, and I basically told my family to fuck off and stop dragging me out to do whatever it was they wanted to do to celebrate and that I wasn't really changing my Saturday plans at all.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, we rolled over an insane amount of staff, but that was more because my boss was a massive dick and it was so slow that the servers never made any money.

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Looks like rain, smells like rain... No rain. I'm coming to your place for canned ravioli and pop tarts!

I got ya dude!

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I sure do love when a single song just grabs you in the collar and shake the hell out of you and wakes you up... The new Bon Iver album is just superb, and Creeks is the main song that has me in a trance.

I was pretty disappointed...

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I just had a store from SC call saying they got an evacuation notice and will be closed until Saturday most likely. Not sure where they are, maybe an island? Did the store shift east a bit?

Not sure, I know all local schools are out for the rest of the week. It's just overcast here and very cool outside. Finally a day without heat!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic