I'd rather not be awake right now either. I stayed up partly to study for my last final of the semester (which starts at 8am), but also partly because I was scared that if I fell asleep tonight I wouldn't be able to wake up in time to take said final.

I'm just hoping I can stay awake long enough to fail take the damn thing and go to work afterwards.

Somebody start cubicletrade.com. Simple trading of desk items. I call copyright/50% profit.

If this doesn't exist it should. I'd design it if someone wants to build it. Bigbruise you get 30%, everyone knows it is the execution, not the idea.

I think you guys are on to something here.

Yeah it is all kinds of weird. We have a solid plan now, that won't exist as of Jan 1st. The comparable plans all have much higher premiums, but slightly lower deductible / out-of-pocket costs. Except our plan has be extended until March 31st so I won't know the specifics of the new plan until later in the year. 

Which means if baby is due in May I have no idea how much out portion will cost and what our premiums will be moving forward. I mean, I'll figure it out in a few day with some help but the whole thing is just silly. 

For-profit healthcare just seems crazy. The incentives couldn't be more mismatched for provider and enrollee. 

I actually started mapping out a nonprofit to help get better mental health care systems in schools an colleges, because therapy is something I've always needed but never had due to financial struggle. If we had better systems in school to support mental health, it would be a way to help kids but relieve parents of financial duty.

However, I underestimated how much money goes into just starting a non-profit and until I magically have a few thousand dollars to throw around, I can't really make it happen. It's a bummer.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic