Ugh, slow day at work is making it drag. I have shit to do after work, that I really don't feel like doing (package stuff, run to post office and drop stuff off at ups).

Good morning vc! I'm being thankful for this beautiful weather out here in the Pacific Northwest. Got a call from my mother down south that they are under tornado watches and have been out of power all night. Let's hope that shit settles down.

It seems bad down there. I've gotten a few calls from some of our stores in the area that keep losing power and having other problems.

It seems bad down there. I've gotten a few calls from some of our stores in the area that keep losing power and having other problems.

It's gotten pretty bad. Trains have fallen off their tracks...trees are crushing cars. My dad said he clocked the wind at 112mph in New Orleans. So crazy.

That's insane. As shitty as our weather is here, at least Tornados don't really exist here. If they do, they only last a second due to the hilly terrain. I think the last one that touched down was like 10-15 years ago, and it knocked a few trees over.

What kind of beer did you brew? A buddy and I just brewed a Cadbury egg milk stout a few weeks ago. So good and got it up to 6.8%. I'm drinking a cold Sierra Nevada Bigfoot barley wine right now while I watch my chuck roast simmer away in the pot.

29 22oz bottles of a Double IPA brewed and dry hopped with Amarillo, Cascade & Citra. 6.8% ABV and 94 IBU.

e9e70419-4c09-48c5-ae26-78c7f6fb9d72_zps

The four with the black caps have a few Ghost Pepper flakes added to them.

That can work!

Jerk!

:P

You should at least let me try one first too make sure I survive.

brewdaddy

I now know the name I will forget to use during the next Great Small Talk Name Change.

That beer sounds delicious

I'm hoping. Double IPA's have always been my go to style and I like my beers hoppy, so this should work in both those categories.

My Bride, who is also a fan of the style, tried some of the runnings and said she liked what she was tasting. As long as she likes it, then I'll consider it a success.

I'm hoping. Double IPA's have always been my go to style and I like my beers hoppy, so this should work in both those categories. 

My Bride, who is also a fan of the style, tried some of the runnings and said she liked what she was tasting. As long as she likes it, then I'll consider it a success.

Always a success if you can make the lady happy! I have that issue always. I'm always buying/making imperial stouts and porters and my lady hates dark beer. Never ending struggle.

29 22oz bottles of a Double IPA brewed and dry hopped with Amarillo, Cascade & Citra. 6.8% ABV and 94 IBU.

e9e70419-4c09-48c5-ae26-78c7f6fb9d72_zps

The four with the black caps have a few Ghost Pepper flakes added to them.

You'll have to let me know how the Ghost Pepper ones are.  I love me some Ghost Peppers, although they destroy me I can't not eat them.  One of the reasons I want to start a garden is for Ghost Pepper, and Thai Peppers.

You'll have to let me know how the Ghost Pepper ones are.  I love me some Ghost Peppers, although they destroy me I can't not eat them.  One of the reasons I want to start a garden is for Ghost Pepper, and Thai Peppers.

I've done it consistently in the last few beers I've made. I'm not a super spicy guy, but a little latent heat can totally change the entire profile of the beer. It's more for fun.

These are the one's I use:

41-fFnJTPiL._SY300_.jpg

Always a success if you can make the lady happy! I have that issue always. I'm always buying/making imperial stouts and porters and my lady hates dark beer. Never ending struggle.

I'm pretty happy with my Bride's love of different styles of beers. She also really enjoys outings to breweries and tap houses, so it adds something else we can do whenever were in a new town.

Another reason I'm a lucky man.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic