First stitches, now my girlfriend just informs me that she took a management position at the cheesecake factory 2 hours away and is moving in a week in a half.

Fuck.

:/ but 2 hours is still doable ? It will suck not being able to see each other on a whim but you'll still get to stay in contact pretty regularly. Or is it too far :(

True story! I uh...do not like Airheads though. Nor do I like Starbursts, which everyone seems to love. I'm just not a big candy guy.

I like Airheads, I have no real interest in Starbursts though.  I also maybe just like free Airheads.  The only time I eat one is when I order from Polyvinyl.

I like Airheads, I have no real interest in Starbursts though.  I also maybe just like free Airheads.  The only time I eat one is when I order from Polyvinyl.

Haha! I don't know what it is. Every since I've been a kid I've never really been into sugar candies. Chocolate I can eat all day long, but just straight up sugar sweets don't do it for me.

I've been on a huge Hip Hop kick too. I can't get enough of Four Fists, but really anything with Astronautalis or POS is full of win.

Astronautilus rules, never heard of Four Fists before. Checking them out now.

For me it's been a real, older school sounding boom-bap hip-hop thing. Czarface (duh, been pushing them like crazy.) Cannibal Ox, stuff like that.

If you don't know him, Lushlife seems like something you'd maybe dig. Super fun, positive hip hop.

Astronautilus rules, never heard of Four Fists before. Checking them out now.

For me it's been a real, older school sounding boom-bap hip-hop thing. Czarface (duh, been pushing them like crazy.) Cannibal Ox, stuff like that.

If you don't know him, Lushlife seems like something you'd maybe dig. Super fun, positive hip hop.

Four Fists are just Astronautalis and POS.

I'm late to the rap party so I have no idea who those guys you mentioned are.  I've only over the past few years been getting into some of the mainstream hip hop from the 80s.  Boogie Down Productions, Run DMC,Leaders of the New School etc

Four Fists are just Astronautalis and POS.

I'm late to the rap party so I have no idea who those guys you mentioned are.  I've only over the past few years been getting into some of the mainstream hip hop from the 80s.  Boogie Down Productions, Run DMC,Leaders of the New School etc

The guys I mentioned are newer guys, but they follow the older style. Czarface are Wu-Tang related. Killer stuff. Check it!

It's going to be a long day. My damn stomach is killing me, and I feel super hot, both things that trigger my anxiety. Now I'm super on edge. Ugh, so annoying.

How's everyone else doing this morning?

Paranoid unfortunately...I had a spell (what we call my petit mal or absence seizures) last evening while getting dinner together, and I think I had another during the wee hours but am not sure honestly. Now I'm on edge that I may be about to have a big event and I really do not want or feel strong enough to deal with Grand Mal seizures this week, or ever for that matter. Xanax time already...

Paranoid unfortunately...I had a spell (what we call my petit mal or absence seizures) last evening while getting dinner together, and I think I had another during the wee hours but am not sure honestly. Now I'm on edge that I may be about to have a big event and I really do not want or feel strong enough to deal with Grand Mal seizures this week, or ever for that matter. Xanax time already...

I'm sorry man, that sounds bad, but hopefully it won't happen and you'll get through it fine.

Not very well. I'm an emotional wreck.

Story : So the girlfriend and I have been together 6 months and everything has been going off without a hitch. She's a corporate trainer at cheesecake factory, so when there's a store opening, she trains the staff. Anyway, she's pretty much the jack of all trades at her home location. Anything from hostess, server, bartender, manager support, etc...

Anyway, she brought up that corporate needs a manager at a store in cleveland, talked about a salary, etc... but didnt fill out the application yet and not to worry about anything.

Fast forward to last night :

She comes over, sits me down and tells me she got the job, and is moving in a week and a half. I couldn't be more happy for her because this has been a long term goal of hers for years.

What scares me is, the move. What's going to happen to us? We both stated that we still want this to work but i've never done a long distance thing. Maybe it's the shock of it all happening so quickly. Not having her so close is going to be a fucking nightmare. Yeah, 2 hours is nothing in comparison to what some people have to endure so I may come off as sounding petty or whatever. Don't care. I know every weekend I can leave work and be with her for the weekend and when/if we cross the bridge, I could definitely see us living together.

I know she's scared shitless as well but seems to have a better handle on this than I do.

Jobs are everywhere. What we have isn't. And that's why it's so tough.

Whoa. This is the first time I've ever posted here in the morning.

anyway, back to work.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic