My mom did the same thing. My dad didn't like it at first (but that was 8 years ago). He pretty much doesn't even notice them cause he cares so little now. I told him I'll be covered eventually, and it didn't even phase him. My Dad is the cool one.

My parents hate tattoos with a passion, and were pretty pissed when I had my ears stretched for a few years. I don't care, because I'm starting my sleeve soon, and they will just have to deal with it.

I hate the religion talk because everyone likes to make me out to be an idiot just because I'm (loosely) Christian.

I believe two things: There is a God, and Jesus was the 'messiah'.

I don't buy into the politics/social issues, most of The Bible, etc. Just that ^^.

Believe what you want Dom. Ultimately, what you choose to believe is for you anyway.

My parents hate tattoos with a passion, and were pretty pissed when I had my ears stretched for a few years. I don't care, because I'm starting my sleeve soon, and they will just have to deal with it.

It's not their body. I told my mom if she didn't want to look at it then don't be around me.

That's what I told them, and they seemed to not care as much after that. My sister has a few tattoos, and my brother-in-law has two half sleeves. They comment on it when he gets work done, but that's it.

Yes, but you're failing to see that that doesn't make it skewed. It's not biased / unfair, it's fact.

Facts can be skewed as long as some sort of information is withheld to make the fact sound more interesting.

Statistic: The obesity rate in the US hovers around 33-35%. That's a fact.

Skew: It's based on BMI, not body fat percentage. You're led to believe 30-35% of Americans are ridiculously fat and out of shape, when in all actuality that statistic includes really muscular people too.

Believe what you want Dom. Ultimately, what you choose to believe is for you anyway.

Yeah, and it's not like I've ever told anyone to believe the same thing for fuck's sake. When people start to bash on religion, I often see it as them just stooping to the same level as the devout religious followers. Like, why can't we all believe what we want and not be cunts about it?

I get that you (not you personally, but "you" in the general sense) may know people who are crazy into their religion. I know that it sucks when they try to shove it down their throats. But if you start to tell them why they're "wrong" and call them stupid and blah blah blah, isn't it pretty hypocritical? Just tell them that you believe differently and don't be immature about it. 

I'm in a weird place where most Christians don't agree with me and most irreligious people don't agree with me either. I get shit from both sides all the time. All I ever say is, "it's what I believe".

Facts can be skewed as long as some sort of information is withheld to make the fact sound more interesting.

Statistic: The obesity rate in the US hovers around 33-35%. That's a fact.

Skew: It's based on BMI, not body fat percentage. You're led to believe 30-35% of Americans are ridiculously fat and out of shape, when in all actuality that statistic includes really muscular people too.

Dom, you aren't getting it.

Yeah, and it's not like I've ever told anyone to believe the same thing for fuck's sake. When people start to bash on religion, I often see it as them just stooping to the same level as the devout religious followers. Like, why can't we all believe what we want and not be cunts about it?

Because people are naturally evil. That's why. And believing what you want ironically goes against most mainstream religions.

Well, it's my belief that "people are naturally evil" isn't an excuse to live up to that standard.

Never said it was, dude. People are bastards, and that's just the way it is. It isn't an excuse. The irony is that most radicals, most of the hate, bigotry, lies and corruption comes from the religious sector. Do some research, you'll see how much hatred comes from religion, how many deaths it has caused, how many wars it has started. Just go do some research before being so easily offended by stuff. This isn't a witch hunt. This is just how the world is.

A lot of this just comes from world experience, and personal growth, which you probably don't have yet. That isn't a personal thing, it's just an age thing.

Yeah, and it's not like I've ever told anyone to believe the same thing for fuck's sake. When people start to bash on religion, I often see it as them just stooping to the same level as the devout religious followers. Like, why can't we all believe what we want and not be cunts about it?

I get that you (not you personally, but "you" in the general sense) may know people who are crazy into their religion. I know that it sucks when they try to shove it down their throats. But if you start to tell them why they're "wrong" and call them stupid and blah blah blah, isn't it pretty hypocritical? Just tell them that you believe differently and don't be immature about it.

I'm in a weird place where most Christians don't agree with me and most irreligious people don't agree with me either. I get shit from both sides all the time. All I ever say is, "it's what I believe".

I know you are not a bastard about your belief. That's why I wanted to offer a non aggressive olive branch of sorts so that you wouldn't feel alienated here.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic