4 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

STEINS GATE WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING PERFECT BUT THAT DAMN ENDING...

That wasn't direct though, they kept calling it Dr. P and other stuff but basically anything else but the exact copyright name. Made me assume it wasn't paid it was just a thing that was a thing. Code Geass shamelessly made Pizza Hut the official (unofficial) meal of the Britainian empire.

That's because Pizza Hut won the franchise wars. At least in foreign markets.

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I realize there's no way Rez is going to get that joke.

Nope. No clue.

A quick google search reveals that

The CONTINUE magazine for this month had an interview with the Pizza Hut marketing manager. Supposedly the deal with Pizza Hut happened because Eureka 7 featured a different pizza chain. The person in charge of Pizza Hut marketing saw it and thought "Damn, why didn't I think of that?", and after that approached the Code Geass staff with the idea.

Originally Pizza Hut was supposed to make only about 3 ~ 4 appearances in the show, but either Taniguchi or the producers must have been really amused by the idea and added all sorts of scenes. The marketing manager was really shocked when the delivery motorcycle actually made an appearance in the show. Neither did he expect to see the Pizza Hut logo all over the place.

According to him, the limited time-only Code Geass Pizza Hut box is now considered a "rare" item

and

The best pizza advertised in Code Geass was CC's ass.

something something two kinds of people...

so the more you know. I now need a pizza box from Japan though.

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I realize there's no way Rez is going to get that joke.

Nope. No clue.

A quick google search reveals that

The CONTINUE magazine for this month had an interview with the Pizza Hut marketing manager. Supposedly the deal with Pizza Hut happened because Eureka 7 featured a different pizza chain. The person in charge of Pizza Hut marketing saw it and thought "Damn, why didn't I think of that?", and after that approached the Code Geass staff with the idea.

Originally Pizza Hut was supposed to make only about 3 ~ 4 appearances in the show, but either Taniguchi or the producers must have been really amused by the idea and added all sorts of scenes. The marketing manager was really shocked when the delivery motorcycle actually made an appearance in the show. Neither did he expect to see the Pizza Hut logo all over the place.

According to him, the limited time-only Code Geass Pizza Hut box is now considered a "rare" item

and

The best pizza advertised in Code Geass was CC's ass.

something something two kinds of people...

so the more you know. I now need a pizza box from Japan though.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

There's a running joke/product placement in the movie Demolition Man that Taco Bell won the "franchise wars" so all restaurants are Taco Bell. When it was released outside the US it was changed to Pizza Hut.

And that's the explination for my extremely nerdy Demolition Man joke.

I love how the first answer on google to my Code Geass question (I didn't feel like explaining and figured someone else did better already) was helpful, and like the third one down just said that "The best pizza advertisement in Code Geass was CC's ass"

4007552-code+geass+r2+-+09+-+large+07.jp

OH MY GOD HERE'S THE BOX I WANT ONE

cf1b58692995016329e80b51c9b4a4a1.jpg

Can't believe I waited 12 years to see mewithoutYou live, it was amazing. They are something else live, Aaron has some great stage presence and they played a great setlist. Something to the extent of (might have been a slightly different order and maybe 1 more song off Pale Horses was played):

Fox's Dream Of The Log Flume
Magic Lantern Days
A Glass Can Only Spill What It Contains
Timothy Hay
D Minor
Bear's Vision of St. Agnes
Four Letter Word (Pt Two)
Red Cow
Mexican Warstreets
Torches Together

Say Anything was really bad and I left after 5 songs, I would have been much happier if they had played IARB front to back than having to hear songs like "666" and "Crush". They didn't sound very good, he seemed really fucked up and let the crowd sing almost as much as he did. Teen Suicide was pretty good, but they also seemed to be on drugs or at least really high. They couldn't form basic sentences, but they shredded and put on a good show. I bought an overpriced lathe cause I'm stupid, also it was the same price as a shirt and I wanted a memento

4 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Can't believe I waited 12 years to see mewithoutYou live, it was amazing. They are something else live, Aaron has some great stage presence and they played a great setlist. Something to the extent of (might have been a slightly different order and maybe 1 more song off Pale Horses was played):

Magic Lantern Days
Timothy Hay
D Minor
Red Cow
Mexican Warstreets
Torches Together

Say Anything was really bad and I left after 5 songs, I would have been much happier if they had played IARB front to back than having to hear songs like "666" and "Crush". They didn't sound very good, he seemed really fucked up and let the crowd sing almost as much as he did. Teen Suicide was pretty good, but they also seemed to be on drugs or at least really high. They couldn't form basic sentences, but they shredded and put on a good show. I bought an overpriced lathe cause I'm stupid, also it was the same price as a shirt and I wanted a memento

I WOULDN'T SELL MY BELT TO INDUSTRRRRY

mwY put on a great show. Vocalist dude who's name I don't know was nuts. Teen Suicide was sober at my show, I actually hung with them at the merch table for a while.

WE ARE STARTING AN IARB COVER BAND. WHO IS JOINING ME. DOM AND KEVIN ARE BANNED, WE ALREADY FOUGHT THIS BATTLE.

23 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Magic Lantern Days
Timothy Hay
D Minor
Red Cow
Mexican Warstreets
Torches Together

Glad you had a good time.  The IARB anniversary tour was great, probably wouldn't see SA ever again though.

1 minute ago, llamaface said:

Stoked you enjoyed mewithoutYou, NapalmBrain! Awesome set list.

My favorite thing about the new site is how insignificant posts from ignored users are when I'm scrolling. So good.

Right? I had to legit look for a few posts when people were referencing something someone I blocked said. That's at least an improvement.

11 minutes ago, llamaface said:

Stoked you enjoyed mewithoutYou, NapalmBrain! Awesome set list.

My favorite thing about the new site is how insignificant posts from ignored users are when I'm scrolling. So good.

Torches Together started my obsession so it was a surreal closer. Also favorite song (maybe outside of in a sweater poorly knit) off brother, sister and my 2 favorites off ten stories so I was really happy with the set. I don't have anyone ignored but good to know if it comes up

4 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Torches Together started my obsession so it was a surreal closer. Also favorite song (maybe outside of in a sweater poorly knit) off brother, sister and my 2 favorites off ten stories so I was really happy with the set. I don't have anyone ignored but good to know if it comes up

I only have the resident pricks/spammers blocked.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic