4 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

For all its faults, the NHS is pretty good for the bank balance at these crazy time (I realise we pay into it every month through taxes) and we are lucky to have it.

A much better solution then crazy insurance premiums and hidden costs we have here. Heaven forbid we have "socialized" medicine in Merika.

Just now, Thomas³ said:

A much better solution then crazy insurance premiums and hidden costs we have here. Heaven forbid we have "socialized" medicine in Merika.

But you DO get cheaper vinyl!

It's a great system when it works. Sadly it's bloated beyond breaking point by bureaucratic nonsense and complete abuses of the system.

1 minute ago, lastvaultboy said:

But you DO get cheaper vinyl!

It's a great system when it works. Sadly it's bloated beyond breaking point by bureaucratic nonsense and complete abuses of the system.

Obviously everywhere has problems, but I'd rather have that problem then pay a private company who is not guaranteed to be good on their word for something I pay for. Good old insurance of any kind.

We may get cheaper vinyl, but you're money is stronger and your wages are higher. :P

26 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Fuck, I feel for ya Bruce. Both my parents have needed several dental procedures done, and they were completely miserable, before and after the procedures. Sorry about your situation :/

I hate few things more than the dentist.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Wowwwwww. Good luck with your new serial killer friend, Rez.  @Issei Hyoudou

Exactly the kind of guy I want to be in a dispute over money about.

7 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

That made me laugh more than it should have. 

You'll be fine Rez!

If I die you will know what happened.

Just now, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I have a sleeping pirate on my hands folks. Things went well as far as I can tell, and now she's just sleeping the rest of the day. Tomorrow I play nurse with the eye drops. Thanks for all the vibes guys & girls :)

That's great!! This is only semi-related, but my aunt had lasik years ago and she felt like she was reborn the next morning when she opened her eyes and could see across the room without glasses. I hope your mom gets to have the same type of experience when she wakes up. :) 

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Obviously everywhere has problems, but I'd rather have that problem then pay a private company who is not guaranteed to be good on their word for something I pay for. Good old insurance of any kind.

We may get cheaper vinyl, but you're money is stronger and your wages are higher. :P

Don't be so sure on the wages! Exchange rates can be pretty good at times and that is helpful. Suppose it's the mad postage that shoves up the overall cost.

Just now, futures said:

That's great!! This is only semi-related, but my aunt had lasik years ago and she felt like she was reborn the next morning when she opened her eyes and could see across the room without glasses. I hope your mom gets to have the same type of experience when she wakes up. :) 

Thank you. She's been so afraid of this for such a long time, but has been repeatedly meeting people lately that have had it done and has heard nothing but good things from everyone so that helped ease her mind a lot. I'm very proud of her for getting it done, and now she's 50% closer to perfect vision. Funny how you get older and almost take on the parent role for your own folks lol

11 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I have a sleeping pirate on my hands folks. Things went well as far as I can tell, and now she's just sleeping the rest of the day. Tomorrow I play nurse with the eye drops. Thanks for all the vibes guys & girls :)

Good news man. Make sure you look after her well!

3 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Haven't really jammed DFA yet but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck AWOL

The new Radiohead is gooood shit. Finishing up first listen now

Fuck AWOLNATION +1

Told ya! I'm four listens down as of now, gonna hear it a fifth time when I'm at home. Almost done with the new VEKTOR and it's really good.

4 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Fuck AWOLNATION +1

Told ya! I'm four listens down as of now, gonna hear it a fifth time when I'm at home. Almost done with the new VEKTOR and it's really good.

Alright, so do you know if the standard and deluxe are same plates? I don't want to sift through the circlejerk of a thread

5 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Fuck AWOLNATION +1

Gah! I haven't gotten a chance to listen to my copy of that new Vektor yet. Mother-in-law is visiting for the week too, so probably won't be able to until next week. 

36 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Thank you. She's been so afraid of this for such a long time, but has been repeatedly meeting people lately that have had it done and has heard nothing but good things from everyone so that helped ease her mind a lot. I'm very proud of her for getting it done, and now she's 50% closer to perfect vision. Funny how you get older and almost take on the parent role for your own folks lol

I completely understand being scared. I have really poor vision but I cannot handle the idea of lasik. I'm such a mess when it comes to my eyes. I can touch them no problem (years of contact lenses), but I get so freaked out thinking about having that procedure.

My boyfriend's father had cataract surgery a year or so ago and now he's got whatever is above and beyond 20/20 vision. He was nightblind prior to that.

I have to get surgery at the end of this year and even tho I've been under before (splenectomy in 2006), I can't help but feel nervous about it simply because I'm older now and have more of an understanding of the complications and foul play. Luckily my surgeon came really highly recommended and the procedure is very common.

11 minutes ago, futures said:

I completely understand being scared. I have really poor vision but I cannot handle the idea of lasik. I'm such a mess when it comes to my eyes. I can touch them no problem (years of contact lenses), but I get so freaked out thinking about having that procedure.

My boyfriend's father had cataract surgery a year or so ago and now he's got whatever is above and beyond 20/20 vision. He was nightblind prior to that.

I have to get surgery at the end of this year and even tho I've been under before (splenectomy in 2006), I can't help but feel nervous about it simply because I'm older now and have more of an understanding of the complications and foul play. Luckily my surgeon came really highly recommended and the procedure is very common.

I'd be worried about having eye surgery done too, since if they fuck up, you're blind. I can put eye drops in fine, but I can't touch my eyes. I've never even attempted contacts, only glasses.

18 minutes ago, futures said:

That is one of the real questions she has because she has been night blind and stationary after sunset for most of her life unless being taken somewhere. And I totally get you about having surgery as you get older. I do not look forward to having my pacemaker unit replaced in my mid 40's....It hurt like hell at 27, not sure what to expect at 45 :(

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic